Problems at nursery

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi all
Iv not posted in a while but iv got a bit of a dilemma that I'm worried about and can't seem to get a handle on..

My youngest turned 3 on the 29th August and a started afternoon nursery in September.

Since going he has come on loads and gained lots of confidence!

One thing we're having a problem with though is the toilet...he is fine going to the toilet at home,childminders etc and has been confident with using the toilet since he was under 2 years old.

At nursery though he hates using the toilet! He will sometimes need help at home with trousers etc and hates going alone and it seems nursery arnt willing to do that one tiny task which then results in accidents!

This has happened on 2 occasions now and quite honestly I'm embarrassed,not because of Jack but because of the way they handle it and they make me feel like a bad parent and suggest more toilet training:growlmad:
He is trained but just likes someone to go with him and help with his trousers sometimes...is this such a bad thing?

I'm trying to get him to be more independent but I'm struggling...

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

It may be that due to the design of their building, having someone taking him to the toilet means they don't have the legally required number of nursery workers per kid in the room. However most nurseries will have pre-schoolers who aren't even toilet trained yet, maybe even some who never will be due to disabilities or other Special Educational Need so they should be making provision for that.

Can you get some elasticated jogging bottoms so it's easier to just pull down? Then go in to nursery and say you've done this to make it easier for him but that until he in confident going by himself it is part of their duty of care to help him. If they are suggesting extra toilet training it isn't like that is JUST something you'd be doing at home, they'd have to take part and at this stage in your child's development what he needs is someone to go with him and help if he gets in to difficulty. What exactly do they think toilet training is??

Maybe there is another child who your son likes who could be his toilet buddy so he doesn't always need an adult?

It seems ridiculous that they would prefer to spend the time cleaning up accidents rather than take him (and others I'm sure) on a quick trip to the loo!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->