Progesterone....?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Sarah+, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what form of progesterone is most often prescribed after CD21 tests? I.e. is it an injection, tablet, cream etc?

I had a CD21 test this month and my dr was going to give me progesterone the next day, but I was really sick around Ov time and test indicated I didn't ov then, so it was a little pointless having progest then, so now I am thinking ahead to next CD21 - except I'll leave to go overseas that night - so will have time for the test, but not to got back next day... Can I get my progesterone 'to go'? !!

2. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

you might be best posting this in the LTTTC forum, as they are prob more clued up on this xx

3. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

Thanks :) What are the rules there? I though about doing that, but wasn't sure if I was allowed, as I've only been trying a few months.

4. Loo

Loo Mum of 2 and one on way

I don't think they mind having their expertise dipped in to!! I think technically it's for those who have tried longer than 12 months, and/or are having any treatment/investigations - so don't see why you can't go in and ask them!

(This is me though, having tried for 13m and too shy to go to LTTC myself!!)

5. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

Ladies :) don't feel shy to ask about your questions on the Lttc section ...the ladies are very nice out there :)

6. genkigemini

genkigemini Jack-Jack's Mommy

Hi! I am a LTTTCer and I take Progesterone pills every month. I take Provera. They are an average size pill and my doctor subscribes them to me in advance. I would ask about it. Good luck! :dust:

7. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

Thanks Ladies :) I did post in LTTC in the end.

The tablet form sounds good. I'll give my dr a call in advance closer to the time.