Provera and Clomid buddies?

Lily7

Mum & TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi Girls

I am CD34 today on my first round of provera and clomid 50mg days 2-6, the dr doesn't think I ovulated, on CD13 I only had 1 follicle which was small at 10mm, I had CD21 bloods done which were low at 2.4 or 4.2 I can't remember because once I heard they showed no ovulation I switched off and didn't really hear what else he was saying on the phone!

Anyways, they asked me to wait until CD35 which will be tomorrow just incase I may have ovulated late, I have to do a hpt and if/when BFN I have to start provera again, 2 a day for 7 days then onto clomid 100mg days 2-6.

Wish me better luck this time around! I hope I can find someone in the same shoes to buddy up with :hugs:

Hi Lily7, im in a very similar position as you, although im a few more cycles along. Here is my story so far:

Trying 1 1/2 years, age 29, PCOS

1st cycle - Clomid 50mg - Ovulated
2nd cycle - Clomid 50mg - No Ovulation (Doc thought strange as it worked 1st time)
3rd cycle - Clomid 50mg - No Ovulation
4th cycle - Clomid 50mg - Ovulated (day 21 blood 75!)

So now I am onto the 5th cycle, same as last, taking my last Clomid tablets today, the Metformin I just have to continuously take, 3 a day.

I was just wondering whether you have had any side effects from the Clomid? I find that during my Clomid week I am very anxious, upset and just feel like I cant cope.

It would be good to keep in touch as although I can speak to my friends and family about this its good to speak to someone going through it.

Good luck x x

Hi KatCrazy, its good to speak to someone in the same boat, sounds like you have been on quite a journey so far, so you are on 50mg again then for this cycle, fx for you that you ovulate again and catch that egg! The doc hasn't put me on metformin, in fact he has never mentioned it, mine musn't be insulin resistant?

I didn't have any noticeable side effects whilst taking clomid, I had one day during the week I took it I had a really sore head/migraine and felt really sick but I do get migraines anyway so I don't know if it was down to the clomid or just "one of those things" I did have pains in my ovaries later in the cycle (not really sore but noticeable iykwim) and when I went for my scan on cd13 I was actually able to point to where my one and only 10mm follie was before he put the scanner in, I have never felt that before so was quite pleased with myself that I was able to pinpoint it and that I wasn't imagining it!

Nobody knows we are ttc except my Mum so I can only speak to people on here, so glad I've found someone who is going through the same thing! Do you use opk's or anything? I did this cycle but I got multiple positives on the cbd smiley face ones at different stages in the cycle but never actually ovulated, doc said its because of my pcos and not to bother with them!

xx

Hi.. I just got prescribed provera and clomid today! :)

Hi.. I just got prescribed provera and clomid today! :)

Hi :flower:
Yay!!:happydance: great when are you starting provera and how long for? I am starting mine tomorrow for 7 days, Oh I am excited now!:happydance:

I started today for ten days..

Good we are going to be close in cycles, what clomid dosage are your on and what days? x

My dr. put me on 50mg on Cd 5-9. And he said if I don't ovulate then he'll up the dose.

good luck! stay on the thread and we can update each other x

Sorry to hear that Lily! Hopfully your next cycle will work out! What dose of clomid will you be on this time?

Hi Lily7, pleased to hear you havent had any of the side effects I have on Clomid as it isnt very pleasant!

I was actually on 150mg clomid alongside metforming on the last cycle (i mistyped) and for the one I have just finished yesterday. It definately made me ovulate last cycle so im feeling optimistic about future attempts.

In relation to the metformin, it is a drug used for diabetes and is all to do with insulin levels as you say. Now it isnt licenced for the use with PCOS but the doctors have found that it can start women ovulating regularly, so im taking both! there are some side effects though, they get easier but I feel nauseous most of the time.

I have been using OPK and they have been very accurate so far, on the 2 cycles I ovulated I got a positive on Day 16 both times, so thats been useful.

I have told quite a few people that im trying and about the treatment as ive not really been myself, beginning to wonder if it was a wise move though as I think people are just waiting each month to see if its worked!!

Hi

ann89 - I will be on 100mg clomid this time

KatCrazy - so what cd are you on now? I know what you mean with having told people, sometimes I think about telling people so I can talk to them about it and then other times I am glad I haven't told anyone! if that makes sense!

Well day one of provera down......6 to go!

Hey ladies, stalker alert. :blush:

I'm not on Clomid, but I have a feeling I will be after going back to the doctor next month. Since I see familiar names on this thread, I wanted to comment on it so it's saved in my subscribed threads, and I can join when the time comes.

Plus of course hearing about your BFPs will make me a happy girl. :) Good luck!!

Hello Lisa! I'm really hoping it works for me! And hopefully you can try it too! My dr. said don't be surprised if you get pregnant the first cycle! He got me really excited.. and I was trying not to get too excited since I know it usually takes a few cycles for ladies here for it to work.. and sometimes doesn't work at all for some..:(

Thanks!! The more I read about it, and the longer this cycle goes without ovulation (confirming my suspicion that some of my past cycles have been long because of anovulation)....the more anxious I am to go back to the doctor and start on SOMETHING! I'm looking forward to hearing about how you girls do on Clomid. :thumbup:

Lisa I was just wondering but do you maybe have pcos?

I don't think so. I don't have any of the other symptoms I've read about (although I suppose you don't always necessarily have lots of symptoms), and I had cd21 bloodwork done which showed that everything was normal, like hormone levels and whatnot, but I hadn't ovulated.

O just wondering because reason why I found out I have pcos is because I don't ovulate at all and don't get periods on my own. And looks like you also have irregular cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->