Provera....Realizing there are things I should have asked now..

waiting2012

Proud Momma
Reaction score
I can't find a lot of information about Provera other than that it is not as good as Prometrium...:growlmad: And most of those reports are from pharmacuetical websites and herbalistic websites...

I was put on Provera after I was found to not be pregnant regardless of not having my af since December 1st.. My pap came back all good and my OB/GYN said my cervix looked really healthy...He put me on the Provera (1 tablet a day for 5 days) and I am currently on day 3 of taking it..His goal is that I will finally have a period and then continue to take it for about a year each month at the same time so that I have a regular cycle.. I guess what is confusing is that when my husband picked up the Rx, the pharmacist had to do a consult with him as it was a new Rx..The pharmacist said it is commonly prescribed for 2 reasons--to bring on a period and to assist with fertility--he was told that women who have trouble getting pregnant get pregnant using it..I don't understand how? If I take it each month on the same day each month--how does that aide in fertility? How do you count your cycle? Do you have to test for pg before starting it each month? What happens if you get pregnant and you are still using it? Oh, so many questions and I love my OB/GYN but they won't just tell you over the phone (which is fine-and-professional) but when you are paying out of pocket--an office visit to ask the questions you should have asked to begin with--doesn't make sence..SO, I'm coming to you ladies..Maybe ya'll can fill me in a little bit about how Provera helps and if any one has suggestions while I'm taking it--that would be great! I go back next February if all goes well with the Provera and my cycles--and I hope that when I do--I will have fulfilled the prediction I received from Gail..:winkwink:..

Thank You Ladies!!

Hi I hope everything worked out well for you! I just ended my fist and hopefully last round of Provera. How does it work?? did you ovulate after taking it??
Thanks

I take Provera every month so that AF will come! Yes in some ways it aids in fertility bc if you have no period then you dont ovulate(in most cases) so provera starts your periond and with a period comes ovulation!
The first day of AF is CD1 until the day before your next period which is the last day of your cycle! I also have to do a pregnancy test before each use of provera bc my obgyn does not want me taking it while pregnant do to health issues to fetus!
GoodLuck and babydust!

So techniocally it doesnt make you ovulate right?? Im confused... I thought that it mae your body think that you ovulated which lead to build up of uterine wall. After the your done with the pill the lining sheds, once the lining sheds 14 days(can differ from person to person) you should oivulate normally and then be able to have a period without the Provera. Im totally confused now..lol I just pray that in the long run we all get sticky beans!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->