• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Provera

Mrs R

Reaction score
Could anybody give me some info on Provera?

How many days do u take it for, and how soon after could I expect AF?

I've been told to take it on CD35 if AF doesn't appear, but I know I won't ov (had scan to confirm ov but there was nothing there :cry:)

What if i was cheeky and took it a week early on CD28, just to speed things up? (Thanks for the tip Maz!!)

:muaha:

Can anybody help? Google wasn't very informative

Hey chick,

I'm sorry about your scan :hugs: I had pretty much the same thing happen on mine and I was distraught :cry:

I am not on 'Provera' as such, I live in Germany and it's called something else here so not sure if it's exactly the same brand. But I am on Progesterone tablets to bring on my AF every month. I start on CD16 and take them for 10 days. Usually the day after the last tablet I will get full flow. Hope this helps a little.

Personally.. I change my tablets around all the time to suit me. My doctor doesn't see me enough from cycle to cycle to make educated enough guesses for me to stick to certain days. This cycle I decided to start my progesterone tablets later in the hope of catching a late egg. I think it'll do absolutely no harm to take it sooner and bring on the next cycle sooner. As you are already on the day my doctor recommends me to start them on. x

Thanks hun,

I didn't realise you could take it this early. I assume I was told to wait until CD35 incase they thought I would ov late and the scan couldn't detect it on CD 10. But the scan showed nothing. Consultant assured me clomid hadn't worked.

Might actually phone my G.P as she what she says. Thanks for the advice

I am also currently taking Provera (day 3 of 5) my last AF was 9/7/08, I asked in another post how soon should we expect AF, and the answer was anytime up to 14 days after we stop the provera...after further googling, I found it can be from 3-5 days after and up to 10-15 (worse case scenario)
Anyone else have more info? I am excited to start my first round of Clomid but I have until 5 days after AF shows up...I have no symptoms, spotting or cramping, I figured after so many months it should be really heavy or I should have some symptoms :(

I used to have to take Provera (which I absolutely hated - was far worse than any of the other drugs I had to take) and I took it for 5 days. The first time, it took 12 days and the 2nd time only 3 day for AF to come! The reason they tell you to not take it early is because, it tells your body it must have a period, therefore even if you were PG your period would still come. I was always told to do a HPT before starting each dose.

Hi there, i was perscribed provera and then clomid and told to take provera when it suited me as i didn't have a period in 7 months. so i did and took it before xmas and got period on xmas day but from taking it and it took 7 days for my period to come but everyone is different, then i started clomid and on second cycle now and they just finished scanning. Have you been given provera and clomid too.

Sorry Mrs R on my first set of scans with clomid it too didn't work but they increased my dose to 100mg and it took nearly 6 scans to get the linning thick so don't give up. My last scan was on monday there and they told me that i would be ovulating yesterday and today but i did a digital ov test and no joy so again i am confused x.

Hey there, my :witch: showed up on the 4th day after my last tablet of Provera (took it 2x a day for 5 days)

I to had some side effects like temp rise (hot flashes) headaches and some mood swings..

Since i havnt had a period in 80 days i could just start with the pills immediately and if i dont get pregnant or AF this month after 3 days i am suppose to take them again..

Hi there,
I updated in another Provera post as well, just in case anyone else is puzzled with how long after Provera you get AF questions...It took me 8 days after my last Provera pill to get AF...Light the first day and very heavy for the past 3 days, I will start Clomid tomorrow (5 days after AF) :) I am glad to have found this website, everyone is so helpful :)

Wel I actually didn't even need to use my Provera! AF turned up on her own after 29 days which is a miracle for my body.

Must have been the effects of the clomid, even though I was told it didn't work... I m confused too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->