pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Aw wooly it wud def be a miracle,gosh it wud be amazing,:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Hi judy,firstly :hugs::hugs:So sorry for wot u have been through,u truly are an amazing woman :hugs: and I know exactly how u feel about wanting just one more,I am the same,I desperately want another child!I have 4 children and been trying for another for five years after nine mc's,I finally got my bfp after a year of trying,the joy was short lived wen I went at 8 weeks for my scan and the baby only measured 5 and a Half weeks and had a Ragged heartbeat :cry::cry:, there was also a huge pool of blood at the base of my cervix,and I was sent home to miscarry,that was 3 days ago and so far nothing ,I am trying to remain strong and forever hopeful,:hugs::hugs::hugs:But I would certainly love to join u in your quest of completing your family and I wish u all the luck in the world,:hug::hug:

Keeping me fingers crossed for u and that it turns out ok..big hugs to u xxxx

I had kind of said to myself that i would stop at 45 (been tryin for 2 years) but i dont know now with the nearer it approaches. It must be hard to give up the dream and im not sure id be ready.

Judy, have you had tests done to find out why you are mc'ing? If you can concieve then you should be able to carry babies to term. Your body has done it before and it will do it again.

Hi ladies,
I just found your thread and I think I need to join you. I'm 44 and sadly just had a D&C on Friday for my 2nd mmc in the last 6 months (had one at christmas time too). I make it to 9 weeks, then the baby stops. It is so frustrating. Both times I saw a healthy heartbeat at 8 weeks and was told I had a 95% chance of everything being okay.

Like you, Judy, I have 5 kids (eldest is 20, youngest is 2) and just want one last baby to complete my family. I have friends who think I must be crazy, but I just feel it is the way it should be. Now I'm beginning to wonder myself if I'm crazy.

I had my last bub almost 3 years ago (3 months shy of my 42nd birthday). Before these two miscarriages I had no miscarriages that I'm aware of. I always fell pregnant easily, until ttc my son at 41, it took 7 months. But these last two times took 6 months and 4 months.

However, I just want to be able to hold a pregnancy. I've asked to have my last baby tested, to see if there was a chromosomal issue. My Dr thinks it is most likely age related(the miscarriages) and there is nothing we can do. I'm still going to ask for testing for clotting and immune issues. I don't think it is likely to be progesterone as that usually causes miscarriages before 7 weeks.

I'm going to start taking large doses of co q 10 (up to 800mg), royal jelly, and will ask my dr about large doses for folic acid - does this help to freshen our eggs?

I'm so sorry for all of you who have experienced miscarriages, it is such a blow isn't it? I though for sure I'd be ok this time , surely I wouldn't miscarry a second time, and my worst fear was realised. I have no idea how I will cope if I ever get pregnant again. I don't think early scans will help, they made no difference this time.I still miscarried.

I'd love to hear what others are trying in terms of supplements etc.

I'm also having acupuncture.

My FS suggested I start taking coq10 to help with egg quality after my last mc. I was also taking vitex up to ov and folic acid. I fell pregnant the first cycle after my mc. This was a shock as it had taken 10 cycles after i mc'd last year. Amazingly, i ovulated from both sides first cycle after mc. Only have one baby in there though.

Hi there Desperado, Angifi and Melly and to all the other wonderful ladies.
Despie I am so sorry for the limbo you are now in. I was there with both sets of twins. Had heartbeats and looked ok but behind in dates and the first time had a pool of blood above twin A. I read a lot in the misdiagnosed miscarriage forum, hoping and hoping like crazy I would be one of the Miracles you read about but each time alas no :(
Angi I have been the early blood tests and early scans, the delayed blood tests and scans and each time I get no where closer. I used to hink if I had the blood tests at 16dpo, 18dpo and 20dpo at least I would know from week one if it was good or not. But I had terrific betas with Joey and Ethan and good scan results and still lost them for unknown reasons at 11w and 7wks. The twins always measured behind yet you read so often that early on twins always measure behind and several days apart from each other.
This time I tried the ignoring route and got called in at 6 1/2 wks with spotting and then the roller coaster started.
Melly is your scan right on for dates etc? How long have you been taking the CQ10? I think my dad has some, I may go voer and grab some and see if it helps before I go out and buy some, tis amazingly amazing expensive down here :(
I am 5mg of folic acid. I know the usual dose is 0.5mg but I was advised to take the bigger dose.
A naturopath also told me to take the vitex right up to week 12 if I get pg to help with progesterone issues at my age. I have tried decreasing it gradually, stopping it at a BFP and taking it straight through and each time it has made no difference.
I guess we can only keep trying.
oh I was asked about testing? I was tested with Joey and even though he came back as chromosone perfect my OB refuses any testing now ( it's over $200 now anyway, no longer on the free list :( ) as he says it is undoubtly 100% my age and egg quality causing the miscarriages so just keep hoping for that golden egg. Honestly right now I think I have more chance of a huge win in the lotto than I do of having another baby :(
Each time I get a BFP i get rather cynical and don't actually compute in my mind as it being a baby. It is a scientific experiment to see how dark the lines get and how far I get towards the 12 wks mark. It's my way of coping.

Melly is your scan right on for dates etc? How long have you been taking the CQ10? I think my dad has some, I may go voer and grab some and see if it helps before I go out and buy some, tis amazingly amazing expensive down here :(

My scan date is two days out from my LMP. I wasnt temping this cycle and it was my first cycle after miscarriage. But its pretty close to what I thought.

I began taking coq10 on the advice of my fs, 75mg per day. I started it a couple of weeks after mc and am still taking it every day. I think it costs about $30 for 30 tablets, so not very cheap up here either. There are a couple of online chemist shops where you might be able to get it cheaper.

I was tested for a range of clotting and autoimmune disorders. Do you want a list? I have it here somewhere. You might be able to see your GP to get tested. I had to pay for a couple of the blood tests (AMH and Factor V Lieden mutation...i think it was these two) as they werent covered by medicare. One was $72 and the other about $45. My tests all came back as normal, but if anything came back with a clotting disorder, its usually treated by clexane injections, or even good old aspirin during the next pregnancy.

Hi Melly, I had all thsoe blood tests done after we lost Ethan. I also had the laparoscopy, Hysterosopy and HSG to check my tubes, DH also had his range of blood tests. I know the factor V leiden one was in there, we had about 14 vials of blood taken. But it all came back 100% clear. Just age :(

Yes. 14 vials. Must have been all the same tests.
Its so frustrating.

I'd love a list for the blood tests if it isn't too hard to find. I don't mind paying if it helps put my mind at rest: at least if there's nothing to find, I'll know.
I wonder if private health insurance covers the blood tests? However, I would still pay.

When I think about how much I've spent on acupuncture, supplements, naturopath, opk's, fertility monitor, pregnancy tests...wow, I probably could have gone on a nice holiday to a tropical island!

I don't mind paying for the acupuncture,I think it does me the world of good - it is very relaxing. I don't think my naturopath was worth it though, I felt I knew more than she did about fertility. She suggested my progesterone wasn't good enough - when I had a LP of 12 days, and had carried until 9 weeks. I've heard that a problem with progesterone would cause spotting and a miscarriage much earlier(however, I'm happy to be corrected if that isn't the case). She did mention one thing which may have some truth in it - my DH was told he was borderline for a thyroid problem. He was supposed to get another blood test done in Feb, but hasn't done it. Is it possible that a borderline thyroid issue could cause defective sperm and a miscarriage? I wouldn't even want to suggest it to him, he'd feel terrible, then use it as an excuse not to ttc. However, I will encourage him to get the blood test if it may be an issue.

I'd love to hear what you think. I'm guessing you have all done a bit of research into recurrent miscarriage?

Did you girls feel super tired after your miscarriage/s? I am feeling so lethargic today, and did yesterday too. I try to sleep, but can't seem to. I know I am grieving - but does that make a person feel so exhausted? I'm afraid all my sensible eating habits have evaporated too. My DH bought me Lindt chocolate. I wish he hadn't, because I've pigged out on it.

Before this last pregnancy I went sugar free and felt really good, right now I know I should do it again, but just don't seem to have the control to do it now. I guess I'll cut myself some slack for a week or two. I keep reading about how important a healthy diet is for healthy eggs.

Should I start ttc right away (as I am so old) or should I try to detox/support my body for a month or two first?

Truth is I haven't even discussed it with DH yet, and I have no idea how he feels. I just can't imagine not giving it one more chance.

Mellybelle - I had a look at your journal - I'm so happy and excited for you. And I am so sorry for your losses. So heartbreaking.

I'd love a list for the blood tests if it isn't too hard to find. I don't mind paying if it helps put my mind at rest: at least if there's nothing to find, I'll know.
I wonder if private health insurance covers the blood tests? However, I would still pay.

When I think about how much I've spent on acupuncture, supplements, naturopath, opk's, fertility monitor, pregnancy tests...wow, I probably could have gone on a nice holiday to a tropical island!

I don't mind paying for the acupuncture,I think it does me the world of good - it is very relaxing. I don't think my naturopath was worth it though, I felt I knew more than she did about fertility. She suggested my progesterone wasn't good enough - when I had a LP of 12 days, and had carried until 9 weeks. I've heard that a problem with progesterone would cause spotting and a miscarriage much earlier(however, I'm happy to be corrected if that isn't the case). She did mention one thing which may have some truth in it - my DH was told he was borderline for a thyroid problem. He was supposed to get another blood test done in Feb, but hasn't done it. Is it possible that a borderline thyroid issue could cause defective sperm and a miscarriage? I wouldn't even want to suggest it to him, he'd feel terrible, then use it as an excuse not to ttc. However, I will encourage him to get the blood test if it may be an issue.

I'd love to hear what you think. I'm guessing you have all done a bit of research into recurrent miscarriage?

Did you girls feel super tired after your miscarriage/s? I am feeling so lethargic today, and did yesterday too. I try to sleep, but can't seem to. I know I am grieving - but does that make a person feel so exhausted? I'm afraid all my sensible eating habits have evaporated too. My DH bought me Lindt chocolate. I wish he hadn't, because I've pigged out on it.

Before this last pregnancy I went sugar free and felt really good, right now I know I should do it again, but just don't seem to have the control to do it now. I guess I'll cut myself some slack for a week or two. I keep reading about how important a healthy diet is for healthy eggs.

Should I start ttc right away (as I am so old) or should I try to detox/support my body for a month or two first?

Truth is I haven't even discussed it with DH yet, and I have no idea how he feels. I just can't imagine not giving it one more chance.

Mellybelle - I had a look at your journal - I'm so happy and excited for you. And I am so sorry for your losses. So heartbreaking.

:hugs::hugs:

Hi judy,:hugs::hugs:Am so glad u came and joined us,:hugs:Everything u are feeling mirrors my own feelings,I wud def start trying again ASAP,I have heard u are very fertile after a mc,I am def gonna start taking the coq10 also ,after my mc I am usually exhausted and take a while to get back to my usual self,then I remember how desperately I want another baby and start planning:hugs::hugs: etc,with my latest bfp ,I lost nearly 3 stone in weight and walked 7 miles a day and cut out coffee,caffeine,and anything fatty,I just ate chicken ,pasta ,noddles ,potatoes,,rice,fruit,veg,cereal and eggs and one piece of bread a day ,I also took a vitamin b capsule and 5 mg folic acid and aspirin,I also inject myself with clexane ,I hope some of this helps ,:hugs::hugs:U will receive lots of really good helpful advice here,And I hope and pray u get your really sticky bfp soon,as someone told me before as long as u bleed u can still breed ,good luck,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

If you can bleed you can breed....I think it was me.

angifi...I'll find that list of blood tests....

Ok, I dont know what it all means, but this is what it said on the blood request form....

FSH
Glucose
AMA
TSH
TFT
PRL
DHEAS
SHBG
Testosterone
-AMH
-ANTICARDIOLIPIN AB SCREEN
-FACTOR V LEIDEN MUTATION
-LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT SCREEN
se homocysteine
coeliac screen
COAGULATION PROFILE

All mine came back as 'normal' so it wasnt a lot of help to me. The next step was to test for NK cells, but I fell pregnant again.

Have been following this thread with much interest. I have written this so many times but I mean it with all my heart: you ladies who have gone through this more than once are truly remarkable. This was my very first pregnancy and therefore my first miscarriage and I feel as if I've been run over by a tractor both emotionally and physically. I had no idea what to expect but it certainly wasn't this level of sadness and fatigue. My diet is shot to pieces too and all I want are Kettle Chips and Butterkist toffee popcorn. :wacko: The healthiest thing so far is a craving for freshly pressed fruit juice (apple and mango being my favourite.) but all that sugar can't be doing my PCOS much good.

My question to you all is how do you get over this? At the moment it's all so raw and seems very sad and desolate that I can't ever imagine getting pregnant again (the lack of partner is a distinct disadvantage!!) but that whole snakes and ladders effect as I keep calling it seems so overwhelming. I know you have to pick yourself up etc etc but how do you actually do that? What did you do? What did you think about? How do you stop yourself from crying and wondering about what could/should have been?

PS I'm 37, which may on the surface sound young but I don't feel it! At my hospital as soon as you hit 35 it makes little or no difference, you're instantly labelled as 'past it'. I've had gazillions of blood tests too and it's no joke especially when you bruise easily and they have difficulty finding a vein. My poor elbows and backs of my hands feel perforated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->