pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Geez...wish I had something to contribute to this..but I just do not know a thing about egg sharing egg donors. :nope:

Hoping someone can help shed some light on this for you....it sure does sound confusing, along with frustrating. Why oh why cant anything just be EASY for a change :hugs:

Well, bit confused. :wacko:

Just had a consultation at the Agora Clinic in Brighton. Wasn't told anything I didn't know. AMH is 1.97 which is fine for my age, but very low for fertility. She said OH's SA was fine, she said it was obviously up to us but she didn't recommend assisted conception due to my age, the odds are just too low. So I said we had already decided about DE and she said that was what she was going to suggest.

She said we should put our name down for their Egg sharing list. We can have the treatment at Brighton, which would be very convenient. They don't do egg donation though at Brighton just egg sharing. . I am not sure what the difference is between egg donor and egg sharing though. She was vague about the differences (you could tell she wanted us to stay at the Agora), apart from saying you only get half the eggs with egg sharing. So surely it's a better option to go with an egg donor?

Anyway, she said for us to carry on TTC naturally and to take DHEA, which I already have at home but not taken yet and to let her know if we want to be put on the list, with our requirements. It's £5300, plus meds, would be between £6k & £7k for egg sharing at the Agora.

I think we will try another couple of clinics for consultations (I know we will have to pay again), that do egg donation as well as egg sharing. I need to have as much as info as possible.

Which choice is better, egg donor, or egg sharing? Just when I thought I had got my head around something...something else pops up!!

Hope everyone is ok. xx

Geez...wish I had something to contribute to this..but I just do not know a thing about egg sharing egg donors. :nope:

Hoping someone can help shed some light on this for you....it sure does sound confusing, along with frustrating. Why oh why cant anything just be EASY for a change :hugs:

Tell me about it! With egg sharing, I only get half the eggs but you get all of them with an egg donor. So I am assuming an egg donor would be more costly but a better success rate??. You would think I would have got all this info from the Clinic today, but she was only interested in getting me to sign up egg sharing at her clinic..:roll:..OH was not impressed at all when we left the clinic, he said he got bad vibes off her. :coffee:

We will be going to another couple of clinics. Grrrr! And breathe. :winkwink:

Sounds like she wasnt the best communicator. Honestly!

You'd think working in that line of field you'd try to be supportive and actually seem like you care enough to not let anyone walk out of the office with any unanswered questions *sigh* :shrug: ESPICIALLY when you are forking out $'s too! Doesnt seem right to me.

Perhaps you can call and get a customer service/nurse type person who knows everything about everything.

Sounds like she wasnt the best communicator. Honestly!

You'd think working in that line of field you'd try to be supportive and actually seem like you care enough to not let anyone walk out of the office with any unanswered questions *sigh* :shrug: ESPICIALLY when you are forking out $'s too! Doesnt seem right to me.

Perhaps you can call and get a customer service/nurse type person who knows everything about everything.

I know, it's such a lot of money, I need to visit at least 3 clinics - weigh up my options.

Sounds like a good plan for you both!

Praying someone can help you with your questions. I'll be checking for some positive updates. :hugs::hugs:

Thanks for sharing all of this Heavenly we are learning so much as well. I guess that's what this is all about. I agree just BREATHE. Do you do any relaxation techniques. Just asking because I do and have found them very helpful with all of this ttc stuff. I am not the most relaxed person to begin with.

Sounds like a good plan for you both!

Praying someone can help you with your questions. I'll be checking for some positive updates. :hugs::hugs:

Thank you hun. xx

Thanks for sharing all of this Heavenly we are learning so much as well. I guess that's what this is all about. I agree just BREATHE. Do you do any relaxation techniques. Just asking because I do and have found them very helpful with all of this ttc stuff. I am not the most relaxed person to begin with.

Well, trying to find out more today. You obviously get more eggs with an egg donation programme and only half the eggs with egg sharing programme but I think the waiting list for egg sharing is a lot shorter.

If I decide to go with egg sharing, the clinic in Brighton is fine. But I am going to make an appointment at a Fertility Clinic in Tunbridge Wells, they do egg donation. Will have to wait a month though as have to pay again!

I am normally a pretty relaxed person, seeing I have been TTC for 4 years, I think I am pretty sane considering!! :coffee: But I was hoping I would have a lot more info today after the appointment yesterday so it threw me a little, but I will get there!

I start acupuncture on 5 April, lady says she sees a lot of ladies going through fertility treatment and assures me it's a massive help!!

Hope everyone is ok. xx

Yeah heavenly I think it is probably tougher to get an egg donor than an egg sharer unless you know someone who will do it for you. I think it isn't really something you think about doing unless you know someone who has fertility problems. So yes you might have to wait longer for an egg donor. They do quite a lot of egg donation at the European ones I think so it might be worth thinking about those. :flower:

44 :hugs::hugs:

Heavenly, you're amazing! :flower:

I don't think so!! I haven't a clue what I am doing, so many ladies on here and other forums seem so clued up about all this, I have no idea what I am doing though, sometimes I think it's best to not know too much in case your head explodes, I don't know!! lol

Yeah heavenly I think it is probably tougher to get an egg donor than an egg sharer unless you know someone who will do it for you. I think it isn't really something you think about doing unless you know someone who has fertility problems. So yes you might have to wait longer for an egg donor. They do quite a lot of egg donation at the European ones I think so it might be worth thinking about those. :flower:

44 :hugs::hugs:

Thank you hun. :hugs: I have been reading up on clinics abroad, there is an excellent one in Athens and in Prague, very reasonable as well. The ones in Spain are quite dear.

It's weighing up time off work, also I am really bad at flying, so it's a difficult one.

Well, been on the National Gamete Donation Trust, which puts you in the right direction.

They advertise when they have egg donors available, what a fab idea!

SEFC (Tunbridge Wells): We have an egg donor here for whom we need to find a suitable second recipient. We are hoping for the proposed cycle to start as soon as possible.

Our ovum donor is altruistic, 31 years old, brown eyes, brown hair, slim build, white Caucasian.

It's a fab website, lists all the clinics in the country which offer egg donation.

https://www.ngdt.co.uk/finding-an-egg-donor

Sorry for taking over the thread with all of this claptrap but if I don't put it down somewhere, I really will go mad. :blush:

Well, been on the National Gamete Donation Trust, which puts you in the right direction.

They advertise when they have egg donors available, what a fab idea!

SEFC (Tunbridge Wells): We have an egg donor here for whom we need to find a suitable second recipient. We are hoping for the proposed cycle to start as soon as possible.

Our ovum donor is altruistic, 31 years old, brown eyes, brown hair, slim build, white Caucasian.

It's a fab website, lists all the clinics in the country which offer egg donation.

https://www.ngdt.co.uk/finding-an-egg-donor

Sorry for taking over the thread with all of this claptrap but if I don't put it down somewhere, I really will go mad. :blush:
Don't apologise I love all the claptrap :thumbup::haha::hugs:

I also dont mind all the "claptrap".
Honestly I find much of it fascinating (even though for most opf us it is frustrating!)
Amazing, I've spent 40 + yrs not even thinking about reproduction. I reckon if there was such a thing as an exam on it I would be close to an A+ :haha:

...and to add, I can't believe I spent an hour or so last night after work researching feng shui to help things along fertility wise.

Thinking about changing some things around the house :wacko:

My god I might be losing it :headspin:

Also, heading to the hospital today for the start of my CCCT yippee!!

Honestly I find much of it fascinating (even though for most opf us it is frustrating!)
Amazing, I've spent 40 + yrs not even thinking about reproduction. I reckon if there was such a thing as an exam on it I would be close to an A+ :haha:

:thumbup::haha::hugs:

Amazing, I've spent 40 + yrs not even thinking about reproduction. I reckon if there was such a thing as an exam on it I would be close to an A+ :haha: .and to add, I can't believe I spent an hour or so last night after work researching feng shui to help things along fertility wise.

Thinking about changing some things around the house :wacko:

My god I might be losing it :headspin:

Also, heading to the hospital today for the start of my CCCT yippee!!

This whole DE thingy is a whole new ball game for me but I have sort of got my head around it. It's all a learning curve!

Go for it re the feng shui, why not? :happydance: Keep us posted re the CCCT! x

I think the feng shui sounds awesome. I was thinking about if for my Dd bedroom as she has been having trouble sleeping lately? Let us know what you decide or change.

Heavenly-I certainly don't mind all the info about other options I mean this is a thread for those of us who are getting to the end right?? We have to keep our minds open to different options. So thanks for that.

Heavenly-I certainly don't mind all the info about other options I mean this is a thread for those of us who are getting to the end right??

Blimey, where are my razor blades.....:wacko:.:rofl:

Have to keep a sense of humour, don't we!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"