pushing it here. anyone else over 45?

Feeling fabulous this morning thanks!

Got my first FSH blood draw done the other day. No work today and taking first dose of Clomid. Here's hoping no nasty side effects come with it!

Got the day off and going to attack the first few changes for the feng shui fertility test :haha:

Hope everyone else is off to a good start as well. Weekend is almost here.

44 - am interested in the feng shui fertility tips if you have any to share :flower:

Af arrived in full flow today :growlmad:Any tips would be greatly appreciated about anything for me :haha::thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh no...so sorry desperado :hugs: I know that feeling :cry:

Well girls...I have collected the tips from various places that Ive found most interesting AND they all had the same common ground of info. So for me that relates to being more legitimate. I placed them all in 1 big pile for you to browse through whenever you get the time. Seems like a lot but it's not that much :haha:

About 3/4 down you will see a link that caters into much more "specific" feng shui and relates to you and your hubbys personal FS. Enjoy :flower:

-----------------------------------------------

Feng shui (pronounced "fung shway") is the ancient Chinese tradition of arranging objects to achieve harmony in your environment. It translates literally as "wind-water." Feng shui has long been used to help promote health, relationships, and prosperity, and it works by maximizing positive energy, or chi, in your environment. Feng shui practitioners employ "cures" such as mirrors, wind chimes, and crystals to deflect bad luck; arrange furniture to encourage the free flow of positive energy; and decorate with certain colors to invoke feelings of harmony and peace.

Many wonder if this traditional Asian practice can also increase your chances of getting pregnant. (Comparatively, tons of moms-to-be sure do rely on the Chinese Lunar Calendar to determine their baby's gender …) Might it work for you? The answer may well be yes.

Traditional Feng Shui Cures
The following traditional feng shui cures have been used in Asian homes for centuries to bring good luck to families who want to have a child:

Outside the home
Plant a fruit tree—then take good care of it! Fruit trees are an ancient symbol of fertility, and the more fruit your tree produces, the higher your chances of conceiving.
Remove anything blocking the front door, such as a tree, overgrown bushes, even a car parked in front of your house. The front door is the "mouth of chi," so blocking the door prevents positive energy from entering your home.
Add a brass wind chime to your entranceway to welcome energy into your home.

Inside the home

Keep it "calm"—you might want to put off remodeling the kitchen or starting any other big project while trying to conceive.

Eliminate "poison arrows," especially those pointing toward your front door. Poison arrows are corners that make sharp angles, either inside or outside your home, and slash through the power that comes with good chi. If you can't get rid of them, try to cover them up with plants (this works inside as well as outside).

Make sure all your plants are well cared for, and get rid of any that have seen better days.

In the bedroom

Clean up. Clear the clutter from the tops of dressers and pick up the clothes and shoes from the floor. Clutter depletes the positive feng shui energies and thwarts your attempts at conception.

But don't clean too much! While the area under your bed should be clean and clutter-free, you don't want to sweep or vacuum there for fear of disturbing the energy.

Hang red paper lanterns on either side of the bed to bring a positive influence into the bedroom.

Put a hollow piece of bamboo in the north section of the bedroom.

Place a dragon on the man's side of the bed to increase passion and potency.

Hang pictures or other decorations in pairs: two birds, two people, two fish, etc. The display of two fish is the symbol of marital union.

Continue the animal theme and place an elephant—or a group of seven elephants—on your dresser; elephants have long been considered a sign of fertility, and the number seven represents children.

Make It Modern and Meaningful

Linda Varone, a Boston-based feng shui consultant for more than 17 years, says that while many of these traditional cures may help you conceive, people in Western cultures might be uncomfortable with the idea of completely redecorating their homes "to look like a Chinese restaurant."

Instead, Varone encourages people who do not feel particularly tied to Asian traditions to use symbols with more meaning to them personally. "A photo, a piece of artwork, or a memento might raise your energy more than a traditional Asian symbol," she says. "I recommend that people use objects that speak directly to them."

Chart a Course for Children

Varone also suggests that couples superimpose a bagua template over their house or master bedroom and pay particular attention to the child/creativity area. A bagua template is a tool used to map a room or location to see how the different sections of the area correspond to different aspects in one's life. If you imagine the bagua as a tic-tac-toe grid, the section for children is the right-hand square in the middle row.

Feng Shui for Fertility

"Couples who want to conceive need to look at the bagua map and make sure the child/creativity area of their room is clear of all clutter so they are ready to receive energy in that aspect of their lives," Varone advises.

Then, they should put a "cure" in that area—a light, a plant, a color. Varone suggests a white flower, since white represents the color of children and a flower symbolizes life. And it doesn't have to be a rare white orchid; any real flower, a high quality silk flower, or even a photo of a flower would work.

Alternatively, you could place a figurine of a baby or family in this area of the bagua.

"The symbol itself is not important," Varone explains, "but whatever you choose, it has to speak to you. You want to use symbols that are meaningful to you."

Feng Shui in the Bigger Picture

Finally, while you are seeking to bring a child into your home, you also need to celebrate what you already have. Varone suggests putting up a picture of you and your husband or one of a beautiful, peaceful place to remind yourselves of what you are grateful for.

"Feng shui is more of a guide than a prescription," Varone says. "It should be viewed as just one of many factors that influence your life and, thus, your fertility."

6 Tips for Improving Fertility Feng Shui

1. ACTIVATE THE DESCENDANT’S LUCK DIRECTION.

The northwest (NW) is the direction of descendant’s luck. It is also the direction of “heaven” according to feng shui (and aren’t all babies heaven-sent?).

By positioning the man to sleep with his head pointed in the northwest direction, sit at work facing the NW, eat facing the NW, etc., this will activate his descendant’s luck.

It might look odd, if necessary, couples should turn the bed so that the man is sleeping with his head pointing NW. If this makes the man’s head point toward the door or sleep with his back to the door, then try another method.

Another way to activate the descendant’s luck is to install a metal oscillating fan in the bedroom. Placed in the NW corner and turned on during the day, the fan produces a generous helping of descendant’s luck in the bedroom. Be sure to turn it off while sleeping, though, or this luck will be scattered and unable to attach itself to the couple sleeping in the room.

2. USE PERSONAL FENG SHUI.

Personal feng shui is a powerful method for creating good descendant’s luck. To calculate your personal feng shui directions, go to

https://www.redlotusconsulting.com/KuaCalculator.html

Based on the KUA number, you can determine the man’s “personal descendant’s luck direction.” The man should work, eat, and sleep facing this direction if the NW direction does not work for him.

KUA NUMBER
1 South
2 Northwest
3 Southeast
4 East
5 Northwest
6 Southwest
7 Northeast
8 West
9 North

3. REMOVE ANY BLOCKS TO THE FRONT DOOR.

It worked from Lillian Too, so it might work for you. Be sure that there is an open space out the front door and that there is nothing in direction line with your front door, such as a tree, street, or other object. The front door is considered the “mouth of chi” and is where all energy enters the home. Make this area clean, auspicious, and beautiful.

4. ENHANCE THE WEST SECTOR.

The west is the sector associated with the children. For that reason it is best to avoid having fire objects here, such as candles or bright lamps. Earth objects, such as vases are excellent fertility enhancers. Enhance this portion of the house, living, and bedroom with metal objects, such as fans, stereos, or other electronic or metal items.

Lastly, be sure to address problem areas in the west sectors of the home (and the west corner of your bedroom and living room) such as crowded closets or junk rooms. Work at getting these cleaned out to allow new creative (fertility) energy to enter your life.

If there is a bathroom in this sector, make sure bathroom doors are shut and to keep a bright light on in this room.

5. OBSERVE PROPER BEDROOM FENG SHUI.

Bedroom feng shui is extremely important when you are trying to conceive. Beds should never share the same wall as the door, a bathroom, or a kitchen. Televisions, work objects such as computers, mirrors, plants, and exercise equipment should be removed. Rest and romance should be the only activities in this room.

6. USE FERTILITY SYMBOLS AND ENHANCEMENTS.

Feng shui uses a number of symbols, many of which are thought to enhance fertility. Some of these would include:

Dragons: Placed on the side table of the man’s side of the bed, the dragon can add a little extra “oomph” in the bedroom. Make sure the dragon is small, otherwise, it will create too much “yang” energy in the room and make rest difficult.

Elephants: Place a pair of elephants on either side of the bedroom door. Elephants are associated with pregnancy. Or, place one statue of an elephant in the living room. Placed prominently in the bedroom, elephants are said to produce male children.

Double fish: The double fish is a symbol of marital union. Display this in the southwest corner of your bedroom.

Single piece of hollow bamboo: Place this in the north sector of the bedroom to enhance fertility. These are said to aid conception.

Red paper lanterns: hung on either side of the bed, these are believed to bring excellent yang (creative)energy to the bedroom.

When you are trying to conceive, it's always worth taking a comprehensive approach. Fortunately, feng shui can help you make sure the environment supports your endeavors to bring that new addition to your family.

Just want to thank u lovely before I read through it ,every little bit of info helps ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Definitely going to look more into the feng shui thing!! Very interesting and thanks for sharing all of that with us.
How is everyone doing??

Morning everyone it's pretty quiet on here ,hope everyone's ok ,af has calmed down today thank goodness as it was so heavy ,it's a lovely morning and am planning on a big walk today :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

Thanks 44 for the great info! I am working on *fixing* things this weekend:happydance: everything helps!:flower:

despie so glad you are feeling better:thumbup: Have a lovely walk today:hugs:

I am down to a small list of 4 things to do for the Feng Shui! :haha:

I'm still on the fence about red lanterns (oddly enough I have a small night lamp with a red material shade on my side of the bed and DH has a lamp with a red shade on his side. I secretly wonder if thats enough LOL)

Aaaaaaaaaanyways, Im doing pretty good. Last day (5th day) of the Clomid today. I seemed to have superrrr uncomfortable ovaries on the 3rd day. Not too sure of that is a side effect but ~ yeeeeowch! Talk about uncomfortable!)
I was also in the nastiest mood that day! So strange. I felt bad for DH having to listen to me get pissy at just about EVERY LITTLE THING that day :dohh: Talk about ugly!

Anyways, coming up towards the big "O" day in few days. :happydance:

I would love to try clomid but I can't get it over here ........:nope::hugs:

Where are you Desp??

I am only on it for the CCCTest ...the doc still has to do a tube check and read DH's SA before I'd start any sort of monthly RX. But here's hoping this might spark something :thumbup:

DH is getting his SA done Thursday. I had to postpone last weeks due to darn gate officials doing their car checks at the Naval Military gate the entire week.. and the time to get sample to the hospital would normally have taken me 25 minutes (plus 5 mins to RUSH into the lab after parking - lol) well, it would've taken me over an hour last week! UGH

Soooo praying this Thursday there will be nothing stopping me from getting that sample to the lab on time :haha: I think this stresses me out the most compared to anything else in the past 12 months :wacko:

Where are you Desp??

I am only on it for the CCCTest ...the doc still has to do a tube check and read DH's SA before I'd start any sort of monthly RX. But here's hoping this might spark something :thumbup:

DH is getting his SA done Thursday. I had to postpone last weeks due to darn gate officials doing their car checks at the Naval Military gate the entire week.. and the time to get sample to the hospital would normally have taken me 25 minutes (plus 5 mins to RUSH into the lab after parking - lol) well, it would've taken me over an hour last week! UGH

Soooo praying this Thursday there will be nothing stopping me from getting that sample to the lab on time :haha: I think this stresses me out the most compared to anything else in the past 12 months :wacko:

Hope everything goes as planned on Thursday ,I am in northern Ireland :thumbup::hugs:

44- I hope all goes well on Thurs. I remember when I got dh to do that it was stressful and that cycle,of course, we got our BFP. It ended in mc but at least we knew his little swimmers were good! Just wondering though if you are o'ing this week you might not want to waste an effort on this. Also when we did it we had to abstain for at least 3 or 4 days before??

AFM- cd4 and af is also backing off thank goodness!! Looking forward to a new cycle. Waiting for that magical one!!

I am down to a small list of 4 things to do for the Feng Shui! :haha:

Aaaaaaaaaanyways, Im doing pretty good. Last day (5th day) of the Clomid today. I seemed to have superrrr uncomfortable ovaries on the 3rd day. Not too sure of that is a side effect but ~ yeeeeowch! Talk about uncomfortable!)
I was also in the nastiest mood that day! So strange. I felt bad for DH having to listen to me get pissy at just about EVERY LITTLE THING that day :dohh: Talk about ugly!

Anyways, coming up towards the big "O" day in few days. :happydance:

Well done with the Feng Shui stuff! I only have one cycle of Clomid left after this cycle, I was lucky enough not to have any side effects but it will actually be quite nice going back TTC au naturelle (apart from supplements and acupuncture) during the next few months whilst we wait to do IVF/DE.

Re the SA, OH had to find somewhere to park in the hospital car park, then he had to keep asking people where to go, whilst holding the sample....:rofl:

AFM- cd4 and af is also backing off thank goodness!! Looking forward to a new cycle. Waiting for that magical one!!

With a new cycle, Spring hopes eternal. :hugs:

Morning everyone it's pretty quiet on here ,hope everyone's ok ,af has calmed down today thank goodness as it was so heavy ,it's a lovely morning and am planning on a big walk today :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

Hope you have had a lovely walk. xx

AFM, AF is due end of the week. Have had a sore throat for over a week, very annoying!! Legs still aching from the walks at the weekend. I have just had an afternoon nap...I am such an old git. :rofl:

Love to you all.xx

44- I hope all goes well on Thurs. I remember when I got dh to do that it was stressful and that cycle,of course, we got our BFP. It ended in mc but at least we knew his little swimmers were good! Just wondering though if you are o'ing this week you might not want to waste an effort on this. Also when we did it we had to abstain for at least 3 or 4 days before??

Marathon I so agree!! I have been driving myself insane with the Oing date this cycle. Now, to be clear for past 2 cycles I have o'ed on day 12 (friday this week which is day after Dh's SA EEK!!) Usually I like to BD a few days before and morning of O day if I can. No problem abstaining from BDing for a few days especially since he is away tonight at duty on base...I wont see him until late tomorrow night and then the following AM he has to provide a sample. Oh boy!! What to do.....if my OPK's were more positive looking at the moment I'd just boycott (again) this week..I agree my O day is waaaaay more important :haha:..lets face it LOL

I think the only thing that probably bugs him not being able to do before the SA is have his beer at night when he gets in. :dohh:

I wonder if the Clomid will prolong my follicular phase this month. I wouldnt mind that so I could get all the "jobs" done HAHA!

Will wait and see how opk looks wednesday (tomorrow) night for sure and then figure it out :thumbup:

GL and :dust: ladies to the new cycle. Starting afresh we all are!!! Phew! Here we goooooo....

Well done with the Feng Shui stuff! I only have one cycle of Clomid left after this cycle, I was lucky enough not to have any side effects but it will actually be quite nice going back TTC au naturelle (apart from supplements and acupuncture) during the next few months whilst we wait to do IVF/DE.

Re the SA, OH had to find somewhere to park in the hospital car park, then he had to keep asking people where to go, whilst holding the sample....:rofl:

Hahahaaa...Oh myyyyyyy! Sorry but I really did ROFL imagining the car park outside the hospital (oh believe me, we discussed it too!!)

But after determining that I CAN make it to the hospital within 25 minutes (as long as no ID check that takes forever in a day and that I can find a quick parking spot.....I CAN DO IT!) LOL But it has added a margin of extra stress in me this past 2 weeks Ay ay.

Hahahaaa...Oh myyyyyyy! Sorry but I really did ROFL imagining the car park outside the hospital (oh believe me, we discussed it too!!)

But after determining that I CAN make it to the hospital within 25 minutes (as long as no ID check that takes forever in a day and that I can find a quick parking spot.....I CAN DO IT!) LOL But it has added a margin of extra stress in me this past 2 weeks Ay ay.

Our clinic said 2 hours was maximum for sample, we have no car at the moment so it was 2 bus journeys but the sample had to be kept at body temp so I had to help catch sample(!!) then run for bus and sit on the bus for over an hour with a small jar in my cleavage! The things we do, eh?! Xxx

LOL Just_married, can imagine you sitting on the bus with a sample in your cleavage :haha::haha:

44 I think we are almost cycle buddies - I expect to O this weekend sometime - it would normally likely be Friday but I'm not sure if my cycle will be off as this will be the first proper one after MC.

LOL Just_married, can imagine you sitting on the bus with a sample in your cleavage :haha::haha:

44 I think we are almost cycle buddies - I expect to O this weekend sometime - it would normally likely be Friday but I'm not sure if my cycle will be off as this will be the first proper one after MC.

It makes me laugh to think about it too, the lengths we go to! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->