QOTD: When will you tell?

We will tell our parents right away and will wait as long as possible to tell friends. I'll tell work earlier than after the first tri if needed (like if I'm showing or if I am getting sick frequently).

Has anyone had any thoughts as to HOW their going to tell??

I don't know! We didn't do anything cute with the others so it would be nice to try and do something a bit creative with this one. (If there is another one!) I like those photos where they have all the family stand in a line with just a pair of baby shoes at the end and the caption is something like "Arriving May 2014" or something. I suppose it all depends on how far along you are to what you can use for an announcement. Using a scan photo would be cool if you wait til after the scan.

With hubby's parents I want to take a mothercare catalogue with us and then when we're sat down in the living room get it out of my bag and ask if they want to look at travel systems with us :blush:

I've actually got this for hubby for when we get a bfp, which I want to try and remember to give to him with the positive test :haha:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pregnancy-...3482&sr=8-1&keywords=man's+guide+to+pregnancy

Iv thought of nothing else than how to tell. I will be telling ppl in as creative ways as I can

I have been considering that, when i was trying we were convinced we would tell family and work straight away but now i think 12 weeks for everyone except two close friends and mum .. no one in our families are good at keeping secrets :haha::blush:

I've already decided that when it comes to telling people I'm going to put DD in a t shirt that says "big sister" and go around visiting everyone and see how long it takes them to notice :haha:

I'd wait until around 13-14weeks.
I guess I'm superstitious in that I think if I were to tell folk beforehand I would jinx the pregnancy.
x

i would wait until the 2nd tri to tell as I am at a higher risk of MC and wouldn't want to put anyone else through that pain if i did MC. However, I may tell my best friend earlier. wont have a OH to worry about, though I may have to tell work as it can involve some heavy lifting. But, I may wait until I start to show before telling family

Since I had a mc last year at 9+ weeks we decided to wait until 12 weeks scan when we are in the "safe zone".

We plan on shouting it from hill tops right away!!! We are hoping for a :bfp: a few days before Halloween. I think the cutest thing ever would be to have my costume announce the pregnancy to all our friends. My LO will be the first to know followed by the parents and then friends. Everyone will know ASAP!!!

I told close friends and family almost straight away with number two, everyone else at 8 weeks, with number one only my mum, dad and hubby knew until 12 weeks.
This time only hubby will know until 20 weeks. Expect possibly my best friend as we see each other almost as much as we see our partners so itd be impossible to keep it from her. Xxxx

I am thinking about keeping it quiet for long as possible or at least gender scan, purely cos i find alot of people just wanna be nosy not cos they care... With family i wanna say this is your grandson/daughter/niece/nephew!
x

Like most people, we'll probably tell our immediately family straight away, and wait until 12 weeks to announce to the world.

I don't know! We didn't do anything cute with the others so it would be nice to try and do something a bit creative with this one. (If there is another one!) I like those photos where they have all the family stand in a line with just a pair of baby shoes at the end and the caption is something like "Arriving May 2014" or something. I suppose it all depends on how far along you are to what you can use for an announcement. Using a scan photo would be cool if you wait til after the scan.
I'll probably embroider onsies for the twins with big brother to be with month and year of due date

I think in our heads we plan to keep in to ourselves (and our parents!) until 12 weeks. BUT I'll be soooo excited as soon as we get the BFP :bfp: ill be telling strangers in the street! Hahaha

well duh my husband would know as soon as i know. lol and then i would probably tell my super close girlfriends. (& he can tell his close guy friends if he wants) and then after like 6-8 weeks i will tell my family and his family. but i wont post on any social media sites until i have a baby bump and know the sex.

I will probably find out in the morning. One of my best friends/co-worker will find out during that day, as there's no way I'd be able to not tell her the entire day. OH will find out that night, when he's home from work. Then that night I imagine we'd drive straight over to my moms first to tell her. His parents next.

Everyone else would be after 12 weeks.

I will tell OH and my BFF right away. Maybe wait a while for my parents and his parents because I did have 3 early miscarriages early on and don't want to get them sad too. And then everyone else probably 12 weeks or after.

I always thought I'd like to keep the news to ourselves until 12 weeks, but I don't think that will work. Too many people know when we will be TTC, so chances are someone will ask and I'm not sure I'd be able to lie. Also, my OH is so close with his family, I doubt he will be able to keep it a secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->