Question about feeding?

sam040509

Mum of 4 beautiful kids!
Reaction score
I had my baby 3 weeks ago and tried to breastfeed but she wouldn't latch on and i'm ashamed to say i gave up easily! So for the last 3 weeks i have been bottle feeding. My question is... Is it too late to try breast feeding again? I dont think my milk has dried up but i dont leak at all. Little drops come out if i squeeze my nipple. I really wish i had tried harder to get her to latch on. Would it be fair on her to change her method of feeding now after 3 weeks? also i finished some antibiotics just over a week ago so would they be out of my system by now if i was to put her to the breast??

Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam x

It is possible. You'd need to see a lactation consultant. And its gonna be hard.

Thanks for your reply. Hard in what way?

try posting in the breastfeeding section. you'll get tonnes of advice and support there!

Yes come over and post this in the breastfeeding section. I think there have been plenty of mommies who stopped breastfeeding then went back to it. If your milk hasn't dried up then that would suggest that if your daughter starts feeding your body may start to produce more again. Expressing could be a good way to get the volume up. I am not sure if you would be able to change exclusively to breastmilk from formula. As i haven't done this personally though my advice is coming from bits i rememeber reading and may not be entirely accurate, try posting in the breastfeeding bit x

MOVED TO BREASTFEEDING FORUM
Thanks for your replies ladies! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->