Question about the pill and pregnancy symptoms..

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
Im on Marvelon, the combined pill and have been for about 6 months now. Its been perfect for me, no side effects or anything.

Now the past few weeks I havent been great at taking my pill on time, and for the past week Ive had lots of pregnancy symptoms (exactly the same as I did when I was pregnant with my first). And Ive just been "feeling" really pregnant iykwim??

Now, Ive taken two tests in the past week :blush: Just because I was going mad and they were neg. However, Im still having symptoms and still feeling this! Im due AF on sunday... so what is the earliest I can do a test?? And also, is it true if you get pregnant on the pill you can still have a period :shrug: I heard that...

What should I do?? x :flower: x

I think you can get tests that work a few days before your period is due, but I'd wait and see if you're late first. It is possible to still bleed due to the pill but I'd be surprised if you were already a few weeks gone and had 2 false negatives.

HTH

Stacey

Thanks I not its not very likely but I just want to know because Im going to alton towers on sunday (day AF is due) and I woulndt like the thought of going on rollercoasters if i didnt know I was pregnant iykwim??

Hope i dont sound silly but im just a bit worried. So can I test the day before af is due?
x

Yeah I can understand why you might be worried. The only thing I can suggest is to take a test that's designed to give a result before your period is due such as clicky

Just be aware that it's only 62% accurrate this early!

With my last baby, I only got a BFP a few days after AF was supposed to arrive. I tested almost everyday until then because I was SO impatient.

Thanks. I will test the day before af is due and the day of... and a few days later if i dont come on. Ill just be soooo worried at alton towers. argghh x

i was on marvelon for a while and if i remember... i think i had some weird symptoms at some point... sicky and headachy?

do a first response day before and day due as u said... but give urself a few days before doing a normal test/cbd if af doesnt arrive.

good luck! xxxx

Yeah I agree, I'd say try the day it's due, then a few days afterwards. I got pg on the pill even though I took it at 6am every single day and wasn't sick, and I swear if I took it later one day it was only by about 2 hours lol.
Good luck, and hope you get the result you want :)

thanks fuffyburra :) im terrible with takin my pill. i took yesterdays at 5.30 this morning because i didnt feel very well before i went to bed so i forgot :blush: x

Does it matter if you don't take your pill at the same time every day?? I never do!! I just try to take it in the morning before work but sometimes I forget til the evening or at the weekends I sleep in.... Fuffyburra did you really get pg on the pill?? And you didn't miss any?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->