Question - Anyone Who Has Had An Epidural

Hi getting an epidural doesnt hurt it just looks scary its the having to stay so still that shook me up as was scared i was moving when i wasnt was suprised when they said 'ok love its in' i expected to feel like i was being impaled lol.

i had an epi it didnt hurt just pressure on lower back xx

My epidural didn't hurt at all, I didn't feel when he pricked me. The only thing I felt is when he cleaned my back before doing the epidural, it was so cold! But trust me, when your contractions get so strong and are coming every 2 minutes and last for about a minute, you won't mind a prick!!!

I would say it is so worth it... It makes the experience a lot more enjoyable. My contractions were so painful, once I got the epidural I was all smiles and really happy and chatty. I could feel the head crowning and feel the pressure when he was coming out, but it wasn't painful at all. I also tore, so I'm really happy I was numb down there !!!

The only negative point I found is when they empty your bladder (because you can't get up to go to the bathroom, nor get the feeling of having to pee. It's not really fun when they empty your bladder with a catheter into a little bowl (you don't feel anything, it's just a bit humiliating) but they make you feel comfortable about it.

Good luck! x:hugs:

I didn't have an epidural but after I gave birth I needed a spinal anaesthetic & that didn't hurt at all. A needle in your spine sounds bad, but I doubt you'd care once you're in labour. At least you can't see them doing it!

This is what i want.
My mum had one, and i was there at the birth of my sister.
She said it doesnt hurt, so i'll stick too her word.
:D

A doctor has written in my notes

'STRONG PREFERENCE FOR EPIDURAL'

and I never even spoke to her about it! lol

Really peed me off!

xxx

The only negative point I found is when they empty your bladder (because you can't get up to go to the bathroom, nor get the feeling of having to pee. It's not really fun when they empty your bladder with a catheter into a little bowl (you don't feel anything, it's just a bit humiliating) but they make you feel comfortable about it

ooh i didnt know about that bit :dohh:

A doctor has written in my notes

'STRONG PREFERENCE FOR EPIDURAL'

and I never even spoke to her about it! lol

Really peed me off!

xxx

OMG!! thats well bad!! I cant believe that Linzi!!

Im going to cross it out I think lol at least then if I decide I want one I can ask for it instead of being forced.

xxx

I had it Louisa, and I did not even feel the needle going in.
The Dr froze it so well and I just stayed in a relaxed position being held by my husband (who almost fainted).
It is more than worth it.

Im really glad I asked this coz no one has said it hurt going in, and thats what im worried about.. so thank you ladies!!

At least i feel ok about having it as an option now :happydance:

I've been watching tons of labour and delivery programmes and seen a few ladies get an epi and I didnt realise they seem to give a local anesthetic and numb the area before putting in the main needle.. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->