• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question/Favor to ask of my UK ladies!!! Page 50 Xxx

ahhh! i took prednisone for 9 months. (not for the same reason - i was taking it for my crohn's disease) don't worry, it won't give you nausea. it will actually make you hungry. might actually even help with any nausea you might have!

good luck stucki!!!!!! i'll be rooting for you!!

ahhh! i took prednisone for 9 months. (not for the same reason - i was taking it for my crohn's disease) don't worry, it won't give you nausea. it will actually make you hungry. might actually even help with any nausea you might have!

good luck stucki!!!!!! i'll be rooting for you!!

Oh really?!?!?

That's great to know because I've been pretty queasy [almost threw up yesterday] and I just assumed that it was from the steroids!

Maybe it's from the little beanie!

10mg isn't a super large dose, so you hopefully shouldn't get any negative side effects from the pred. (i had weight gain, acne, 'roid rage, etc. the side effects can be nasty!)
but i was also on 60mg at times...is the doctor going to have you do a taper when you're done with them?

10mg isn't a super large dose, so you hopefully shouldn't get any negative side effects from the pred. (i had weight gain, acne, 'roid rage, etc. the side effects can be nasty!)
but i was also on 60mg at times...is the doctor going to have you do a taper when you're done with them?

I'm going to wean after the first trimester....if I make it that far.

Everyone is saying 25mg is the dose to be on, but doc doesn't agree and won't give me more that 10mg.

too bad we're not closer! i have bottles of leftover pred!! :)

i'm sure the 10mg will be fine, but if you want to take more, just double up your dose. you can always refill the script, and if it's refilled too soon, tell your doc your purse got stolen, and your meds were in it!

sheesh, i hate when doctors think they know everything. is there any way you can get a second opinion? 25mg of pred won't harm you. it may make you fat, but it won't harm you!! :)

too bad we're not closer! i have bottles of leftover pred!! :)

i'm sure the 10mg will be fine, but if you want to take more, just double up your dose. you can always refill the script, and if it's refilled too soon, tell your doc your purse got stolen, and your meds were in it!

sheesh, i hate when doctors think they know everything. is there any way you can get a second opinion? 25mg of pred won't harm you. it may make you fat, but it won't harm you!! :)

Ummmm....so I was just able to buy 360 10mg tablets of prednisone online, without a prescription....

I'm waiting for the swat team to swoop in and arrest me. lol

haha, right as i emailed you back!!!

if they sell it online, you shouldn't worry about getting in trouble. just remember to always taper....stopping it cold turkey, especially a larger dose, can lead to heart failure and all kinds of scary, weird shit.

and you can always cut 10mg tabs in half (in fact, ALL pred tabs are very easy to cut in half to specify your dose!)

oh i hope this works for you!!!!!!! :)

lines are looking fab hun!!!

Stucki i think you know your body wayyyyyyyyy better than any doctor will ever tell you!.. So if you feel that you should be on 25mg then deffo do it! Take control Chick!!! :thumbup:

Did the ladies in the re-current MC section shed any more help on what to try next for your Sticky Beanie??? is that who suggested the 25mg? x

Great lines hun!!! Early BFP's seem to be much more likely to stick IMO, so I'm thinking this one wont need glue... it's gonna stick fast!!! :yipee:

I don't think you should take 25mg... Your dr knows what works,etc and I don't thInk you should take a rx you bought online.... Who knows what's really in there and if it will harm baby.... Could be made in china and filled with lead for all you know. Don't want you to do anything that could hurt you or baby.. Be careful :)

stucki, is this same doctor who prescribed you 10mg pred the same one you've been going to all along?

stucki, is this same doctor who prescribed you 10mg pred the same one you've been going to all along?

Yes, he's the very same one.

He had no good reason for me as to why he wouldn't rx the full 25mg, and I'm going to do what has worked for a lot of the other ladies here.

I don't think you should take 25mg... Your dr knows what works,etc and I don't thInk you should take a rx you bought online.... Who knows what's really in there and if it will harm baby.... Could be made in china and filled with lead for all you know. Don't want you to do anything that could hurt you or baby.. Be careful :)

They are coming from a medical supply company in my area...looking online it seems to be a non-controlled substance that you can often buy over the counter...

Prednisone is used to control pre-E, and a lot of other conditions, women take it their entire pregnancies, so it's not harmful to the baby.

i'm pretty sure that no person/company online is going to fill pills full of lead. (and prednisone is a solid tablet anyhow, not a "filled" pill) if anything, it would be a placebo pill (highly unlikely) that would create no effect.
honestly, i would do exactly the same thing. lots and lots of people with crohn's disease have to be on prednisone for bad flare-ups, and sometimes their doctors won't give it to them for stupid, shitty, non-medical reasons. so they buy it online.

you don't want 11 losses. i get it. make sure to monitor your reaction to the new pills, and you should be fine.

oh i have my fingers crossed so tight!!!

people take pred for a TON of issues. basically anything immune-related. i have an immune disease, so i've taken it.

you will be fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->