question (might be tmi)

purplelou

Mummy to Lana Erin
Reaction score
Hi,

this is sort of a yucky question, so I am sorry in advance :blush:

how do you know the difference between ewcm and :blush: spermies. if we dtd the night before, and I think I should be having ewcm about now - how can I tell which it is (iyswim)

again sorry, but since we are only starting to ttc and I have been on the pill forever, I am only getting used to my body and it's workings.

Hi,

how do you know the difference between ewcm and :blush: spermies. if we dtd the night before, and I think I should be having ewcm about now - how can I tell which it is (iyswim)

again sorry, but since we are only starting to ttc and I have been on the pill forever, I am only getting used to my body and it's workings.

First off, there is no such thing as TMI, just look at some of the things we discuss! Lol. Although I don't get EWCM, from what I have read, EWCM will be stretchy and semen, not so much, LOL! Hope that helps. :hugs:

Hi,

ha ha just bin reading all about that ewcm will stretch but spermies wont i asked cos had huge glob , sorry tmi, this morn day before af :wacko: x

Hmm, I guess it looks the same, but since I'm checking my CM about 10 times a day I know what the status of it is BEFORE I DTD if that makes sense.

Umm at the risk of even TTMI you could smell it I guess (oh this is too gross)

You have to check CM a few times a day at least.

God knows what I used to do with my time before I started TTC :shrug:

Hmm, I guess it looks the same, but since I'm checking my CM about 10 times a day I know what the status of it is BEFORE I DTD if that makes sense.

This is the funniest post I have read in a long time...:happydance: At least we now know what you were not doing before you started TTC'ing.

Thank for the cheer-up!

thank you all!! I felt so daft typing this in hehehehe. you would imagine a person of 39 should know their own body!! again, thank you xxxx

Sperm is normally more milky and ewcm clearer and more stretchy. It isn´t the first time that question has been posted on here so don´t worry you aren´t alone in wondering. It is the problem with relying on cm to define ov, I´d back up with opks or temping too. Hope you catch that eggy!

Yeah I second the temping/charting (though it doesn't tell you you've ov'd til after the event).

since this is only my first cycle since stopping the pill, we thought we would see what happens, especially since I am not even sure how long my cycle is yet. I have been eyeing up the opks and thermometers on amazon though!

since this is only my first cycle since stopping the pill, we thought we would see what happens, especially since I am not even sure how long my cycle is yet. I have been eyeing up the opks and thermometers on amazon though!

A BBT thermometer is only a few £££s so it's not a huge investment, opks are a bit hit or miss, some people get better results than others with them.

I bought Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weshcler off amazon 2 months ago and have been obsessing about these matters ever since...a lot of us on here have read that book.

Thanks for that Northstar, I have ordered the bbt and will have a look for that book :flower:

I use a CBFM and temping which I have been really happy with though this was my first cycle with both.

The CBFM tells you when you're entering your fertile period and when you are ovulating and then the temps back it up by confirming if ovulation has occurred.

I did temp for a couple of weeks before recording my temps so that I got into the habit of waking at the same time and reaching for the thermometer before doing anything else.

Some ladies find temping to stressful or obsessive, some find the CBFM too much, some find OPKs too much and then some do everything :)

It seems to be have a play and see what's right for you :)

I'm definitely considering the CBFM as recommended by Ms Macwooly and also the Duo Fertility Monitor which costs £500, but I want to try DTD at the exact right time a few times first!

This is the funniest post I have read in a long time...:happydance: At least we now know what you were not doing before you started TTC'ing.

Thank for the cheer-up!

Happy to be of service ma'am :winkwink:

I'm definitely considering the CBFM as recommended by Ms Macwooly and also the Duo Fertility Monitor which costs £500, but I want to try DTD at the exact right time a few times first!

I´ve been considering the duo monitor too, my friend is using it and they have been able to pinpoint her problem. But it is very expensive so I want to try a couple of other things first. I hope you get your bfp before you buy it then you will have an extra 500 to spend on baby things.

I´ve been considering the duo monitor too, my friend is using it and they have been able to pinpoint her problem. But it is very expensive so I want to try a couple of other things first. I hope you get your bfp before you buy it then you will have an extra 500 to spend on baby things.

I am thinking about this one as well!

£500 is a bargain compared to IVF, that is how I'll be justifying it to myself.

Definitely :thumbup:

Are you able to sell them once they have been productive and you no longer need it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->