Question re being induced

Frankie

Reaction score
My SIL was induced yesterday shes had the gel and her water have broken or have been broken?

How long roughly before LO comes? and will she be on the delivery ward now

if shes been taken to delivery she must have dialated past 3cm as they tend to keep you on the other ward till then

I was on delivery for 15 hours, so fingers crossed the baby will be here before midnight

No one can give you a rough idea on how long because i was already in labour but got taken in as my waters had broke and they "induced" me just to get things ging quicker and i was still in labour 54 hours later and ended up with a section it all depends on how her body reacts to the induction it could be hours it could be days just like any normal labour

Thats what I thought i assume she is in delivery as we speak - hopefully it wont be that long

if baby has pooed in water (like mine did during induction) they won't let her go too long in labour as can be dangerous, if baby hasn't pooed and isn't showing as distressed during monitoring they'll be more likely to let it progress more naturally

She would have to bee past 3cm for them to break your waters aswell - if she doenst have it within 10 hours or somthing like that she will be put on a drip a further 10 hours then will have a c-cestion (thats what happened to me anyway) x

As said above hun nobody can really give you a time, I had my waters broken for me at around midnight with josh from being induced, & he was born at 8.50am.
Each labour is different so baby could come fast or take his/her time :) x

It can take any amount of time.

I was induced twice the night before and at 11pm my waters were broken. 11 hours later I had Tom :)

Gives me some idea then thanks you lot

Well i got induced on Monday 7:30am - had ava by c-section on wednesday at 1:22pm :)

I was googling this yesterday as I am being induced next tuesday if he doesn't decide to come before then. All I concluded was every labor and woman is different. I hope baby comes soon for her though.

My waters broke and contractions started at 4.25am on the 30th July 09 i was induced at 12pm on the 31st July 09 and had Ben by C section at 10.54am 1st August 09.

Shes only 1.5 cm dilated - shes been in since yesterday. She has some strong pain killers which have stopped the contractions and she is on a normal ward

Will they give her the drip next? how long will they put her on that for? bare in mind her waters have gone. Also will it be a c sec? x

She will probably be put on the drip after she has had more gel or tablets depending on which they use.

They will probably give her more to try and get her to dilate.

oh right one more shot i reckon just hope things get going soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->