• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions from a IUI newbie

Jane, that's amazing news! Both your follicle and lining sound great! Mine was only 7mm the day of trigger too! It jumped to 8.5 by the next day (IUI). Yours increased so much :)

I have not tried acupuncture but my girlfriend who is also TTC swears by it. Let me know how you like it!

As for the TWW, I am DYING over here. how can it only be 3 days post IUI? UGHHHHH. this has officially been the longest 3 days of my life.

MrsP. how's it going? Are you triggering with HCG today? Tomorrow?

I feel you, Jules! TWW is a slow and merciless killer. I take great pity in myself in the TWW and must have a constant flow of shopping, chocolate, massage and netflix to take my mind off it. I'm trying to create life - come on, I deserve it!

I have a question:
I tested this morning with an OPK because I wanted to see what ovulation on HcG trigger looks like - and it was negative (2 lines, but clearly the test line was weaker). I thought the OPK was meant to crazy positive on HcG trigger?

YES we do deserve ALL of those things :) That sounds exactly like my 2WW. My husband and I are hosting a party tomorrow so that is keeping my mind off it ever so slightly.

Hmmm....how long after the trigger did you test with the OPK? I did not do that. Maybe I should have?!? I would think that the LH surge would happen shortly after the trigger, but they say actual ovulation happens 24-36 hours after. That's all hearsay and I have no actual knowledge of when I ovulated after mine. The nurse told me that when they took my blood 24 hours after trigger, my levels indicated I was ovulating (what that really means I'm not sure).

So I would talk to your RE before you get your IUI and ask if they can check your levels to ensure you are ovulating!

Hello Everyone!!
Can I join in? Me & DH r trying for number 2 . I have PCOS and the first time i conceived on first cycle IUI with injectables.

This time around, we went directly for the IUI route. First cycle was cancelled since i didnt respond well to the medication. This cycle they increased the injectables.
IUI was done on September 7 & 8 back to back. I only had 2 follicles. Dont know about my lining. The DR said it was good but he doesnt give me measurements which sucks.
The TWW is horrible im symptom spotting all the time and obsessing and googling all the time.

Jules we did IUIs on same days. When r u planing to test??

Baby Dust to all of you!!
May this month bring lots of BFP's

welcome Mirna :flower: Happy to have you join us.
Can I ask what it Means that you didn't respond well to the injectables?

Both you and Jules in the middle of your TWW - I know it's agony but now it won't be much longer. I hope, hope, hope for healthy and sticky little peanuts for both of you!

IUI over and done with on saturday morning. Easy peasy, as you had told me Jules. Husbands contribution had 30 million good ones, which they said was fine. I have absolutely no frame of reference for that number??

I'm jealous of both of you having 2 follicles. I only had 1 and it measured only 18mm on day of trigger. Also, you both did back-to-back IUIs and we only did the one.

PS: Sorry Jules for getting both you and myself wound up about the negative OPK after trigger shot. 12h later is was definitely positive (although I never got that mega-ultra-positive I was actually testing to see).

Hi Ladies!

Sorry to have dropped off the face of the earth for a few days.. I started taking the antibiotic prior to my HSG and I felt so sick until I was done with it Saturday evening. The HSG was fine and super quick! The antibiotics were worse to be honest.

I actually went in for my IUI yesterday morning, with perfect timing, as I was ovulating right then according to the ultrasound. Only one follicle though, which I was surprised to hear, since I had a lot of O pain on both sides. Although since I wasn't doing too much monitoring, the Dr said I might have O'd one from the other side earlier that morning a well. My lining was 10.2! DH's post wash count was only 7 million, but our Dr was happy with that. I'm already antsy and it's only the start of the tww, lol!

Jane, I'm so glad you had your IUI! Your husbands numbers are excellent! Basically, during normal intercourse, only a couple million sperm make it through the cervix into the uterus. So rather than say 3 million making it there, you have 30 million! It really ups the chances of success! We also did only one IUI. I wish our office did back to back IUIs as well, but they told me that their research has showed one IUI is just as effective as two as long as it's well timed. If you have 2 IUIs, there's more leeway as to the timing. But as long as it's done at the right time, apparently it doesn't make a huge difference statistically.

Mirna, welcome! Glad to hear you responded better this cycle. That must have been so frustrating to have the first cycle cancelled! IUIs with injectables have a much higher success rate, so I would think you have excellent chances. When are you planning to start testing? I hope you get your BFP this cycle!

Jules, how are you doing with the tww? Hopefully you're able to keep busy. Do you plan to test or wait to go in for betas? At least your about halfway through the TWW.. although I think the last week is actually more difficult with the anticipation (at least for me).

I hope the TWW goes by quickly for all of us!!

Wow we are all officially in the TWW!!

Welcome Mirna! I don't know when I am going to test. I might take a test tomorrow (8dpiui) just to see if the hcg trigger is out of my system and then I might test Thursday or Friday. It really is the most agonizing wait. When will you test?

Jane that's so great! You only need one good egg and your DH had such good numbers! I am so happy for you!

MrsPecan welcome back :). I am keeping busy but will definitely test early. I know I will cave so there's no point even pretending I will wait for the blood test lol. Also my clinic actually said there is hardly any difference doing 2 IUIs back to back but that it takes the stress off if the clients as most spend the TWW worrying that the timing was wrong. With 2 you can be more certain that one of them was the right timing. They give the option of only doing 1 but I chose 2 :)

I have been occupying my TWW with work and the husband and friends and I even had a few drinks saturday. such a badass I am ;)

I've been stalking your thread and learning so much, so I thought I'd join in. We're supposed to do our first IUI next month, so I love reading the experiences that you ladies are having so I'll know what to expect. Best of luck to you all in your TWW!

Welcome Dandi!! it really is a weird process to go through but it makes it so much better knowing so many others are going through it too! Best of luck leading up to your IUI! Are you doing a medicated cycle?

Yes, that's the plan right now as long as all of my tests come back normal.

Hi thank you all for your replies!! the TWW is definitely horrible!! i cant even get myself to work properly im always reading about symptoms and daydreaming about a sibling for my DD.
yeah it was very frustrating when Last IUI was cancelled i got so many follicles but all small and suddenly i had a heavy bleeding when Ovulation is supposed to happen the day before my scheduled IUI so it was cancelled.

well i was trying to hold out from testing so i didnt buy any HPT. but i discovered i had a wondfo in my bathroom so im thinking of using it tomorrow 8 dpiui
r these sensitive tests? dont know anything about them!

Welcome Dandi, thanks for joining us. Maybe it's all the IUI hormones talking but I'm so happy with our little thread - like you I find it so comforting to share the other girls' experiences. Plus, it's a legitimite way of feeding the TTC addiction without googling your head off on symptoms, meds effects and statistics...

Pecan - so happy you had your IUI. Your lining sounds perfect for holding on to a little nugget.

Jules - Good for you having a few drinks! I frequently have one or two glasses of wine or a cocktail - we've been TTC for more than a year and I am not going to give up the things I enjoy for something I'm not sure will happen. I had one cycle where I stayed off alchol all together as well as cutting caffeine to a bare minimum (less than 50 mg pr day, I think). Miserable 30 days and no baby...

Mirna - maybe there's different Wondfo types of IC but the ones I've seen are quite sensitive, 25 mIU I believe. Still, 8dpIUI may be a long shot...
Ladies - do we now when the HCG trigger is even supposed to be out of our bodies?

Aaaand speaking of suffering through the TWW, my mom called me last night asking WHY IS TIME GOING BY SO SLOWLY? and could it really be right that we still have to wait 11 excrutiatingly long days to know the outcome? :haha: It is so funny that she is as tortured as me in the wait.

well it turned out to be negative BUT i discovered the test expired since 05/2015 . I will surely buy a new set of tests to start testing tomorrow.

good luck to you all. Hope this month brings us lots of BFPs!!

Hi ladies, mind if I join u? We are having our first Iui next cycle... Doing cd3 blood work and cd 7 ultrasound/ hystosaliegram? Or something to that effect... They are making sure tubes are clear with saline. Then next month we do our first Iui!

Hi Miskas Mommy. Sounds like we are going to be on roughly the same schedule. Im about to do those tests too, then first iui next month if all is well. Good luck!

Hi Ladies, sorry I have been MIA. We are moving house and the new place needs all new hardwood floors, paint, lighting fixtures etc etc etc so we have spent each and every spare moment at home depot and the new place getting things ready, coordinating with painters and contractors, OMG what a process!

Glad to hear everyone is just barely dangling in there with this TWW. Mirna, 8dpo I tested and got a very faint line, but at 9DPO I tested and nothing, so I think that was my trigger shot leaving the system. I haven't tested again. I am 10DPO. I am having mixed feelings about testing again. I really don't want to see a negative, and at 10DPO, I feel like that would be a pretty bad sign. I have my beta test on Monday so I am contemplating waiting, however I also don't know if I would rather get bad news in person, or already be prepped for it having tested on my own. GAH! The turmoil of this! lol.

Jane, 11 days sounds like a lot, and it is. There's no getting around it, but how cute is it that your mom is right there with you agonizing over it. I love that! Yeah Mom!!!

Miskas Welcome! You've come to the right place. Whenever I need to vent I just do it here rather than to my husband. He thanks you all :) lol. The sonohysterogram was not my friend. My advice is take a couple painkillers before hand. I have some scar tissue from a LEEP I had several years ago which is why it wasn't fun for me, but if you can take advil before hand it should be easy peasy :) GL!

I will keep you all updated as to whether I test over the next couple days or not.

My cheapy opk's and tests came today. Gotta love amazon... Thanks for the heads up Jules, I will do that... Dr says its not to bad, and it's way better than the hsg. But we gotta wait till Tuesday to get dh's full sa results.... I got the prelim. Count from the nurse.. It was 152 million. But only 32% motile.... None of the other info yet.. But I'm waiting to get the full results from dr on Tuesday when I have my ultrasound.

Hi ladies! I hope you're all doing well!! This TWW is just dragging on for me.. and I'm only 5 dpo! Thankfully it's almost the weekend, so maybe my mind can be on other things instead. I keep this running countdown in my head until I can test.. which I'm not sure if I even want to! I'd love to wait until I'm late... but not sure if I can hold out.

Miskas mommy - Good luck with your testing! Definitely take the pain reliever before hand. I just had my HSG last week and it was a breeze. I think the saline test may be even simpler than the HSG too. Your DH's count sounds very good! The motility is a little lower than they like to see, but it might not matter too much since his count is very high! Definitely wait for the full report though. I bet it will be fine!

Jules - I always feel that way around 10 dpo. I want to test, but don't want to see it if it's negative. Thankfully your beta isn't that far off if you decide to wait! My RE doesn't do a beta until 17dpo.. there's no way I could hold out that long. I don't have that sort of self control! Hoping that you get your positive test either way!

MirnaBabyBump - You're still so early, so a negative test at this point means nothing! Plenty of time to get your positive still. Hopefully you were able to get your hands on some new tests!

Jane - Your mom sounds adorable! It's nice that you have her to go through the wait with. As for the trigger, I've heard it can really vary depending on how you metabolize HSG. The half life of orvidel is 29 hours on average, but can be up to 35. So for the average person, a 10,000 iu trigger will be out of your system from 8 - 10 dpo. But some unlucky people can have it stick around longer. I hope that helps!

Dandi - Welcome! I hope you're able to complete all your testing quickly so you can move onto your first IUI! We actually were able to get all our testing done very fast and I was so happy to do our first IUI this month. Good luck!

I hope so mrs. Pecan! I guess we will find out Tuesday... Just want it to be over with so we can move on to the Iui.. Time seems to drag when you want to go fast.. We will be doing femara cd5-9 and the trigger shot whenever the dr tells us to... I'm not sure about dh sticking me with a needle.....

Hi ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend.

So, I caved and tested yesterday morning and this morning. I had a shadow of a line yesterday at 12dpo and thought it was either the trigger (even though I tested it out at 9dpiui) or that it was an evap line. This morning I had another line which was the tiniest bit darker and I could see it had pink color to it. I am now 13 dpo and 14 days past trigger and driving myself mad wondering if this is still the trigger or an actual bfp. ergggggg. I am having my beta test tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->