• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions from a IUI newbie

I feel like its gonna be the longest two weeks ever! How long did you ladies iuis take? I know it's like an hr for the sperm wash... And I would imagine the actual,procedure is quite fast?

Hey girls. Sorry was so MIA. It took a full week for AF to arrive after it was due, because of the HCG still in my blood from having a chemical.

Jane I am so so sorry about your BFN. What are you thinking for this cycle?

How's everyone else doing? Miskas did you have your IUI? When do you test?

I started my second cycle and responded really fast to the meds. So fast that they triggered me today (CD 10) and we have our back to back IUIs starting tomorrow. I only have one lead follicle this time (25mm) and the others are 15mm, 14mm and 12mm so they aren't sure those will go.

My nurse gave me a little ladybug today and said it's supposed to be lucky for fertility. So sweet.

hi girls! mind if I join?
I had my first IUI on Monday. I was downgraded from an IVF cycle b/c my follicles didn't respond to the injections very well, so we only had one, maybe two, that matured. The right side was all but asleep the whole time. So weird how that happens. Anyway - DH's sperm were outstanding, which was a complete shock. Hopefully those great results, my slow-cooking/CoQ10-infused egg and my thankfully-thick lining are the perfect storm for a little implanter (or 2!)

my beta is on 10/19 and I'm probably going to go a little nuts waiting. I started Crinone this morning.

I read through this thread yesterday but was shy to post. :blush: I also now don't remember where everyone is in their cycles. But I'll try:

Jules - i'm so sorry about your chemical. good luck with the IUI today!! Let's hope this one sticks!
Miskus - you must be close to beta by now? are you feeling anything?
dandi - hello love! :friends:
DandJ - also on the other thread together! when do you start your process? are you doing medicated?
jane - are you on to a new cycle yet or taking another route?

if I missed anyone, i'm sorry! Good luck and dust to all!

Hi Wish2BMom! Yes, we're on the other thread together and I'm on CD5, doing a medicated cycle for my first IUI - scan next Wednesday to see how the follies are & if get the approval to trigger that night. Nervous!

As for you, your stars may be aligning as those signs sound very promising!!

oh wow, DandJ - no scans in between to see if you're responding and change things up? I could be confusing my IVF scans with what they do with IUI. :)
either way - good luck to you!

Hi Wish2BMom! Welcome :) We are almost at the same place in our cycle, I have my beta on 10/21. I think that your numbers sound great! 2 follicles and good sperm! that's incredible!

I had my IUI today and DH's counts were low again, only 3.8M. GAH. I know that this is our issue but there's always the glimmer of hope thinking his numbers will all of a sudden be AMAZING! lol. The other bad news on top of that is that I had one follicle that just jumped out ahead of the other 3 which were growing at a normal speed. The one guy was 26 mm today! the others were all under 17mm so likely they won't ovulate. so we have one chance with low sperm, but the fact that sperm met egg last time is keeping me hopeful. We know it's possible right.

How's everyone else doing? We just moved house and life is crazy right now! Living out of boxes is making me crazy! At least it will give me something to focus on during the TWW!

also welcome DandJ! I keep thinking you are Dandi haha! You're not far behind Wish2BMom and I this cycle ! Keep us updated!

so exciting, jules! new house and possible new pregnancy! how fun
yeah, i'm not sure if we did actually have 2 follicles - the one in the lead was taking its sweet time. It was 16.7 the day of my last scan and the day they triggered me, with a 13 or 14 following. So I had one more dose of menopur plus the trigger that night, so I don't know if the smaller one would have added 3-4mm more in the next 2 days. It's possible!

and the low counts are why we do this right? so the sperm get even closer and have a chance of meeting that little egg. Fx'ed!

And MiskasMommy WHEN do you test?!? must be soon now!

Wish- I though it was odd too! They did a scan on Day 3 and said my follies looked good and I started 25mg of Clomid Monday through Friday. Hopefully I don't O before then!!!!

@Jules-I have my fingers crossed for you! Knowing the sperm met the egg last time is also a good hopeful reminder it can happen again! And I even confuse myself when I see Dandi's name! :haha:

Same here DandJ! Sometimes I'll see your name and think, "I didn't post on that thread today, what's going on?!" :haha:

So glad to be following along with all of your experiences. I'm just back from the RE and we've been given the green light for the first IUI next cycle. I'm so excited for it to get here!

:lol:

Yay!! So happy a lot of us are within around the same time frame of our IUIs and can support one another! Will you be doing a medicated IUI?

Yes. My doctor is putting me on Femara, but I'm not sure of the dosage yet.

I am not doing a beta.. Dr told me to test in around the 16th... I did test today.. I am 5days past Iui, 7past trigger and I did see a faint line... I don't want to get to excited as I figure it's the trigger giving me the line.. I'm not sure how long the trigger lasts... I have been feeling ok except today.. I have been very queasy today, and lightheaded... Feeling something like twinges as well....

Such great symptoms MM! Keeping everything crossed for you!

I've read from other past members that the trigger lasts at most 10dpiui and then you should see nothing and hopefully another pink (faint) line. Some even took progression pics to see how lighter their hcg line went until it went to a true positive. Fx for you!

yeah, that's what I thought too, re: the trigger shot timeframe. All fingers are crossed for you, though, miskus!

Is 5dpiui the same as 5dpo? or do we tack on an extra day or 2 b/c of the trigger? I figured the trigger made us O right around the time we went in for the IUI but I'm not sure why I thought that...I'm 3dpiui but I would MUCH rather think that's 5dpo! :) move up the symptom spotting!

For a normal cycle, "dpo" means after you ovulated and only can tell by temperature spike. With the trigger shot we don't know exactly when we O (unless we track our temps but with the hCG in our system, it could make our temps spike regardless of O), so I think we should count possibly the dpiui?

I'm not sure, I'm a newb on this as well! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->