• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions from a IUI newbie

Oh gosh, how wonderful if the first time was the charm!! Best of luck tomorrow, fingers crossed for you!

Jules - wow!!! Update please :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My temp dropped today (9 dpo), which it always does either 9 or 10 dpo, a couple of days before AF i full flow. I know it doesn't mean I'm definite out but I know it's not a good sign.

Good luck testing Miskas mommy!

Mirna, have you tested again?

Have you ladies decided what you want to do if this round of IUI doesn't work out?
We have only done this one, but I'm not particularly keen on looking forward to many more.
It seems that in our situation (unexplained infertility = I'm 38 and my eggs are close to their sell-by date) we'd have much better odds with IVF, like maybe 40% per try compared to the maybe 10% we right now (docs estimate). I'm considering if the better odds makes up for IVF being so much more invasive... what are you girls thinking?

Hi ladies,

So I got my blood test results back and they are not good. Beta of only 9. So they said that I am likely having a chemical pregnancy :( It's weird but I really feel sad about it. That second pink line really starts an emotional bond to that little embryo when it's still so early.

Is there any good news anyone has to share? Would love to hear it.

I'm so sorry. You're absolutely right, as soon as you see that line, the bond is there. It doesn't matter how early the loss, it still hurts. :hugs:

Oh no, Jules, I'm so sorry. Are you getting another blood test?
I feel for you, I know how much this hurts and how dificult it is to deal with because it doesn't feel "rational". Like, how can you mourn what you never had? My last loss I only knew I was pregnant for little more than a week and from day one I had doubts because lines on HPT didn't really develop well. I was so sad and it hurt like a bitch (*sorry). My husband and best friend was... well, while incredibly supportive they didn't quite understand (I wasn't upset like this with my two other losses) and the best I could try to explain was that I felt I already knew her, that she was already mine (no idea whether it was boy/girl). Blubbering mess just writing this to you eventhough it's been more than 8 months...

No good news from me either. Temp still low this morning (10 dpo) and test BFN.
I really hope some of you other lovely ladies have better news!

Thanks girls. It's really great to be able to chat with you ladies who actually understand this stuff. I have another blood test tomorrow morning as a just in case. They told me to stop taking the progesterone though. So I did. I will update you tomorrow. I talked to my DH and we think we will go straight into the next round of IUI. The silver lining to all this is that now we know his sperm can at least fertilize my eggs. So we want to keep the momentum going.

Jane I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. It's just the saddest thing that this happens. I'm also sorry you had a negative test but 10dpo is still really early and at least you know the trigger is out. will you test again? When are you scheduled for blood work?

So I had my hystosaleogram thing today.. Dr saw fluid spill out one tube super easy, the other one he said it was bubbling, and looked good, but he ran out of sailene and lost pressure to make the other tube spill, but the bubbles were all the way to the end of the tube, so he said he thinks it's ok.
And because we are on day 8 he started me on femara today, and we will see how the follicles look on Monday weather or not we do the Iui this month depends on follicular development. He thinks its still early enough in my cycle to give it a try. I tend to have longer cycles anyways, so he doesn't think it will be an issue with the late start of femara.

We will be getting the novidrel trigger.. Dh gets to give it to me.... Hopefully we don't have to trigger on Friday or Saturday next week, Saturday is my birthday and we are going away for the weekend...

I'm excited we will still get to do the Iui this month even with the late start.

Jules, I'm happy to hear that you are moving straight to IUI#2 with the knowledge that you can conceive! Have you seen AF yet?

So this morning I got wildly excited after taking my temp: for the first time since BBT'ing it has gone up on day 11, which is normally always the day it really drops. Here's my current chart with my average for the last 6 months...
But BFN (absolutely no doubt) brought me straight back down to earth :nope:

Attachments

• Udklip.jpg
    Udklip.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
Jane, it's still early! I wouldn't worry yet. The temp rise is a good sign! Maybe implantation has just happened???

I had another blood test done today and it's as we suspected. My level was down to 6. So definitely a CP. The nurse says she doesn't know when I can expect to start AF but that my hcg has to first get down almost to zero and that could take up to 2 WEEKS!!!!! ugh can you imagine? So starting IUI right away may not be right away after all. when I told DH we were confirmed as having a CP he said "what can I do?". so sweet lol. It must be so hard for the boys as well when this stuff happens. Sometimes its easy to forget how confusing it must be to them.

Jane keep us posted girl!

Miskas glad to hear your SHG went well and you're cleared for IUI this month. GL!

Deja Vu... Another BFN this mornig after getting excited because my temp is still high.
I expect to start spotting today or tomorrow morning latest if the hormones hasn't messed with my LP. I tested out trigger already about 6 dpo, so I'm thinking that I would expect normal LP??

What do you ladies get for a trigger shot? And out of curiosity what do you pay for it? I ordered mine yesterday, it's an hcg trigger, not sure what brand yet.. It comes tomorrow, but it was $120.00. I'm in the US if it makes a difference

Miskas mommy, my HcG trigger is called Ovitrelle (I belive it is exactly the same as Ovidrel in the US). 6500 mIU/ 250 microgram.
Price here in Denmark is app. 40 USD but having been diagnosed with infertility it is almost free (because then it's subsidized).

120 USD seems like a lot and I assume you have to pay for the Clomid also?

13 DPO - still BFN. Temp dropped so I'm expecting AF today. My LP is normally 12 days. Isn't it typical that the first IUI I go past that with high temps, get my hopes up only to come crashing down again. :cry:
I'm calling the Clinic today to get prescriptions for the next round of hormones...

Any of you other ladies have good news to share?

Jules - thinking of you. I really hope the HcG drops really fast so you can move on girl.

That's good information to know Miskas Mommy. My insurance doesn't cover anything, so we're paying for it all out of pocket. I had wondered how much it might be.

I had my Day 3 tests today, as well as a glucose tolerance test. I had 7 follicles on one side and 5 on the other. The nurse said that was good, but I've found conflicting information on the internet. Do you girls remember what your day 3 count was?

I am on femara, but my insurance covers that... My trigger is novarel 10,000 something..

Dandi, freedom fertility pharmacy is where my dr orders from.. Some of the shots have a rebate.. Not this one though...

I wish the us was like that Jane...

AF finally showed, which means the hormones extended my luteal phase from 12 to 15 days. Such fun! I have been a PMS monster the last few days, like full-blown psycho.

Be careful what you wish for Miskas Mommy. Free health service comes with a price tag of 50-60% income tax...

Hi ladies! May I join? I am sorry to those who had BFNs and a chemical :(

AF is supposed to arrive Thurs/Fri and then I start my first round of IUI early October. I'm fearful because we're paying out of pocket for the procedure and I can't bare wasting all that money if it doesn't work.

Dandi, I am reading your blog now and I feel like we're the exact person or experiencing the same things.

Welcome DandJ! Our usernames are even similar :). I'm hopefully right behind you with our first iui in October. We're paying out of pocket too. Ugh.

So I had my ultrasound today.. 1good follicle at 18mm, triggering on Wednesday and Iui will be Friday. I hope it works! That would be an amazing bday present.. My bday is Saturday, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a long 2 weeks...

Positive thoughts Mishka! :dust:

Dandi, do you have a BnB journal I could stalk & general chatter? Would love to follow your journey!

Good luck MM! I hope you find some distraction in your TWW to make it easier. I hope this is it for you!

DandJ, no I just have the blog and it's all I can do to keep up with that, lol. I see you have one though, so I'm going to read up and follow. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->