Questions on epidurals

WOW!!! Those people SUCK! lol And i wanted to visit the UK nevermind on that!

why would that stop you from visiting the Uk?? :shrug:

Im sure the NHS knows what they are doing.... therefore someone who is in labour for less than 20 hours they prob feel it is unecessary!! I dont know!!
PLus this is only what I heard by 4 people in northampton!! Not the whole of the UK!! :)

ok i was very agaisnt epis until i was in labour and had been for 24 hours plus. gas and air wasnt working and i was about 5cm dialted. i asked for epi which didnt hurt at all it just felt cold going in.
my epi didnt slow my labour down it actually helped me relax and i went from 5cm to 10cm in less then a hour.
i still knew when to push as i could feel bump tightening and pressure in my bum so knew when to push.
i ended with with emergency c section not sue to epi but other factors and was glad i had epi as my c section happened a lot quicker x
Haha I said I wanted an epi if I really needed one considering I thought they turned my gas & air off it wasn't working & I had one I was exhausted and needed to relax but that said I don't think I did.

BTW during labor I felt plenty Humph :lol:

My labor was difficult not because of the epi because my contractions stopped in the middle of giving birth :dohh:

I'd probably go for it again my only worry over it is since giving birth I have had a really bad back & not sure if it is related!

Oh wow id hate to live in the UK so what do they do if you have to have a c-section?? Oh and carley did you have a natural birth?

Is the health care in your country perfection? Never nothing in the news? Never a patient unhappy? Different countries have different health care rules, different systems of care & sometimes that happens with different Countys but why would it stop you visiting the UK?

Saying things like 'I would hate to live in your country' & 'these people suck' isn't very nice!

My fathers wife gave birth yesterday, in the u.k she was in agony, she had gas and air in the night , then a painkiller injection in her arm and then by six in the morning she was in so much pain and she was given an epidural, she was 6cm dilated.

She called it the " magic drug " , it was the only thing that takes away the pain. By the time she was 10cm it had worn off enough for her to push.

So they do look after you in the u.k , i think they just like to try all the other things before an epi , cos every woman is different.

She did say though that next pregnancy she will not be pushing, she is booking in for an epidural :rofl:

That is two people who have gsve birth in a month who are close to me, and both have said look ask for epidural , say now to your MW that you are so scared.

Whats funny is my dads wife was for all natural birth but it was her first and she didn t have any experience of the level of pain...... when she said that her midwife said listen you don t get any medales for doing it natural.

So i say if your not squmish of needles and your in pain , its defo got good recommendations.

Best way

My birth plan was basic

Don't piss me off, don't take my socks off when Im half dozed :lol: hate my feet :blush: and epi etc if needed ...all needed :rofl:

Oh wow id hate to live in the UK so what do they do if you have to have a c-section?? Oh and carley did you have a natural birth?

Is the health care in your country perfection? Never nothing in the news? Never a patient unhappy? Different countries have different health care rules, different systems of care & sometimes that happens with different Countys but why would it stop you visiting the UK?

Saying things like 'I would hate to live in your country' & 'these people suck' isn't very nice!

I agree .... no countries healthcare service is perfect and im sure everywhere you go you will here good and bad, the UK isnt any different

To say "i would hate to live in your contry" is actually quite offensive.

I'd probably go for it again my only worry over it is since giving birth I have had a really bad back & not sure if it is related!

My back is the same!! Keep meaning to see the doctor.

I keep meaning to as well ....:blush: I was very uncomfy when pregnant I'm dreading this making things twice as worse but I'll get through! Ya have to right :lol:

I agree .... no countries healthcare service is perfect and im sure everywhere you go you will here good and bad, the UK isnt any different

Not to mention USA is far far from being Utopia! :lol:

The Chophouse.
You go into labour,they give you a c-section,a tummy tuck and you donate a few organs too in the process.
All wether you like it or not...

The Chophouse.
You go into labour,they give you a c-section,a tummy tuck and you donate a few organs too in the process.

i heard ABIOUT THE TUMMY TUCKS

SORRY ABOUT TYPOS BFING

The Chophouse.

I'd laugh but I know it's true...:dohh:

The Chophouse.

:rofl::rofl:

Right now I'd love a tummy tuck after baby....in a dream world!!!

Can't be serious Nikky :shock: lol! Oh blimey!

iv heard that to that when the stitch u up after a c section they do tummy tucks x

I had a good experience with an epidural and will defo be going for it again if it all goes to plan. I was in the middle of a contraction when he was doing it so i didnt feel a thing just the shear relief when the contractions stopped lol. The midwife let it wear off a touch when i got to pushing stage i could still feel everything i was doing and i could feel my tummy tightening up when i had a contraction. I was walking pretty much 20mins after birth as well i was worried that id be not walking for ages. My birth was very relaxed and calm i hope to have a birth like it again fingers crossed i didnt tear or anything like that either. I was dead againest having an epidural i hate needles and i was all "ill have gas and air and do it naturally" soon changed my mind lol.

Can't be serious Nikky :shock: lol! Oh blimey!

I'm afraid I am...

My OB actually asked me what time is convenient for me to schedule a c-section!
Like,after my manicure but before my hair appointment.
He also asked me wether I want to consult with my astrologist! :wacko:

And tummy tucks are often preformed during a c-section,sometimes I think people here only have kids so they would get a tummy tuck without much waiting...

ok i was very agaisnt epis until i was in labour and had been for 24 hours plus.

24 HOURS!!!!:shock:

I really don't want to have an epi but I don't think I could cope with 24+ hours of labour and nothing coming out. I really want to try all the natural methods first, but my pain threshold isn't very high so I don't know what I'm gonna do!:hissy:

24 hours really isn't that long. I think if I'm only in labour for 24 hours I'll be happy. My friend was in labour for 31 hours with her first baby and 41 hours with her second. I've heard other people say they were in there for over 36 hours.

You would think at that point they would do a c-section or something if things obviously are progressing that slowly, but nope. No such thing as an elective c-section here!

And I would kill for the tummy tuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"