Questions on epidurals

ok i was very agaisnt epis until i was in labour and had been for 24 hours plus.

24 HOURS!!!!:shock:

I really don't want to have an epi but I don't think I could cope with 24+ hours of labour and nothing coming out. I really want to try all the natural methods first, but my pain threshold isn't very high so I don't know what I'm gonna do!:hissy:

24 hours really isn't that long. I think if I'm only in labour for 24 hours I'll be happy. My friend was in labour for 31 hours with her first baby and 41 hours with her second. I've heard other people say they were in there for over 36 hours.

You would think at that point they would do a c-section or something if things obviously are progressing that slowly, but nope. No such thing as an elective c-section here!

And I would kill for the tummy tuck.

24hours feels like forever when your uterus feels like its trying to grow over your head....

Rae 08 ....DARLING, IF YOUR PAIN TOLERANCE ISNT VERY HIGH, THEN I DONT SEE YOU LASTING MORE THAN 2 HOURS OF PAIN...
24 hours is a very long time and that is to people with a high pain tolerance! I would wait until you have been through labour before making judgements on what others say :) Not trying to be mean darling, but when you have been through it, then you will understand.
:hugs:

I mean 24 hours in general isn't very long to be in labour, some people are in there for days.

I actually have no intention of getting an epidural, thank you for asking.

just to clarifly i was in labour 24 hours before i had the epi i was then still in labour after i recieved it. if u read my birth story u will see that i had no pain relief until just before my epi when i tried gas and air (which made me sick).

another clarifying point my comment wasn't a dig or anything like that...

Sorry I think my post was misread or I mis-said what I was trying to say.

I wasn't saying that 24 hours isn't very long without epidural. I was just saying that it wasn't extremely long in general. I was in no way saying that someone who suffers out 24 hours of labour without an epidural didn't do it long enough.

owww its just dawned on me this babys going to have to come out....... dont like it... lol

I see women in labor for 2-3 hours so I'm pretty pissed mine was 23 hours :rofl: not including the 12+ hours I'd already been up for before my waters decided to go! Was a life time :rofl:

i thought u was saying it was a quick labour it certinely wasnt it lasted a lifetime. it started at 10:00pm on the saturday night and he didnt arrive until 7:05am on the monday morning (via c Section).

I'm hoping for an Epidural :D
I've said it since day one, lol.

i remember begging for an epidural with skye like 6 hours into active labour, then going no i dont want it actually yes i doo for like 6 hours they must have hated me

i thought u was saying it was a quick labour it certinely wasnt it lasted a lifetime. it started at 10:00pm on the saturday night and he didnt arrive until 7:05am on the monday morning (via c Section).

Nooo I think I just worded it way wrong.

as soon as i got in to delievry and tired gas and air i was begging for one best descion i made in labour and i finally began to enjoy myself (as much as poss) x

ok i was very agaisnt epis until i was in labour and had been for 24 hours plus.

24 HOURS!!!!:shock:

I really don't want to have an epi but I don't think I could cope with 24+ hours of labour and nothing coming out. I really want to try all the natural methods first, but my pain threshold isn't very high so I don't know what I'm gonna do!:hissy:

24 hours really isn't that long. I think if I'm only in labour for 24 hours I'll be happy. My friend was in labour for 31 hours with her first baby and 41 hours with her second. I've heard other people say they were in there for over 36 hours.

You would think at that point they would do a c-section or something if things obviously are progressing that slowly, but nope. No such thing as an elective c-section here!

And I would kill for the tummy tuck.

24 hrs is a WHOLE DAY!!!!!!!:cry: OMG!!!!

I know people who have gone for longer though. But the women in my immediate family have managed to just pop 'em out in 8 hours or less - it's like there's a race to see who can get their baby out the fastest!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I intend to push twice, sigh delicately, deliver a perfectly clean, dressed-and-ready-to-go baby, then order a martini. I doubt I will even break a sweat. Epidural? Not for today's modern woman! :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I intend to push twice, sigh delicately, deliver a perfectly clean, dressed-and-ready-to-go baby, then order a martini. I doubt I will even break a sweat. Epidural? Not for today's modern woman! :)

:rofl: sounds like a plan!

lol, even 8hours is a long time to be in pain and exhausted...

I am going to see how the pain goes. If its not too bad, then maybe I wont have an epi. But if it is too bad then I will get one.

The health care system when I am is pretty good, most of the doctors respect your wishes unless you or the baby is in dire need, then they will do what is going to save the babies life. I have not heard of people here being forced to have c-sections unecessarily.

I mean 24 hours in general isn't very long to be in labour, some people are in there for days.

Medically defined labour, or someone saying they were in labour for that long? Some people start counting from the moment they start contractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->