Questions on epidurals

I must say, I'm scared of needles anyways, so to have one in my spine, I would be extremely scared of! Heh, I suppose it'll come down to a choice between pains and facing my fears?

I think that you will do fine vamp, when the time comes you will be strong enough to make the decision thats right for you.

Well I got a letter through that I have to see an aneasatist (spelling may be wrong) anyways, so I think they're considdering a c-section anyways. But I am hoping to give birth naturally. I'm bad with pain anyways, but my fear of needles is extreme. When I was younger I had an operation, and they tried 17 times to get a needle in me to give me the anesthetic (well I think thats what the needle was for, I just remember the pain lol). I know it's extremely rare that they have that much trouble, but I guess I have shitty veins? Just scared it'd be the same.

Oh wow, yeah no wonder that you're afraid of needles! I'm not scared of them luckily, I like watching them put them in, lol.
Why are they considering a caeser?

Well, I have a high BMI, and borderline diabetic, so I think it's something they consider in-case it is needed. To be honest no-one told me why I have the appointment. At my 12 week scan / appointment they midwife said they'd send me an anestetic referal letter if they needed to.. And a few weeks later one turned up. I made a thread about it at the time actually because I was concerned. I was like.. does everyone get one? but I think it's just a mixture of the high BMI and the Borderline Diabetes thing? I'm hoping to pursude them to let me do natural and have everything sorted for the c-section incase it is needed? It says on the letter it is nothing to be alarmed about.. haha.. yeah.. like thats gonna stop me worrying.

i was petrifed of needles to but once i was in there and the contractions were getting so painful and i was so tired u quickly forget that ur scared of needles. and by the way u dont see it going in and i didnt even feel mine as i was so out of it and it doesnt hurt at all compared to the pain of the contractions xx

Well thats what I was thinking, I'll probably be in too much pain to care lol. I need to face my fear of needles anyways tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->