quick question ppl!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by emzlouize, Oct 13, 2008.

1. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

on thursday i have got my 1st antinatal at 8.45, then straight after that at 9.30 i have got my scan, on the letter it tells me to go with a full bladder, does this mean for the antinatal or for the scan! im comfused?!

2. sapphire20

sapphire20 Olivia & Alex <3

Hey, You need to go with a full bladder to the scan, its easier to see whats going on with the baby that way, or in your case babies!

I went for an early scan and started to drink water too early and 30 mins before my appointment i really needed to pee, I couldnt hold on any longer, I got told you get a lot better view when your bladder is full......so drink 1 and a half pints an hour and a half before your appointment and you should be fine!!

3. mummy to be

mummy to be Cautiously Pregnant

ohhhh yes that would be for your scan! i had to drink 1 litre of water before the scan and i was busting 15 mins after i started drinking the water.... so i kept going and 'letting some out" hehehe you know how hard that is!!!!! then the scan was running late.. i am talking over a hour late!!! NOT COOL lol.... but still had massively full tummy when finally got scan bubby pics were great :)

4. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

ohh god haha i will be sick if i drink that mch! and she is going to be pressing on me belly too with the scan thing? omg ill pee ! hehe

5. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Lol its not a great feeling....when the scans done you tend to jump off the bed and go straight to the loo....you then go back to talk about the scan lol

6. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

7. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i was told to go with a full bladder and when i got there the doctor had ago at me **sobs** he goes to the nurse bloody hell go tell all them ladies to go pee i dont need a full bladder lol but yeah on this letter is says i need i full bladder to

8. sam*~*louize

sam*~*louize Well-Known Member

I started drinking at 9.45am, went in at 10:10. Drank 1 1/2 regular size water bottles and that was fine :D

9. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

Good luck darling. Cant wait to see the piccs xxx

10. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

We have scans and booking in on the same day!
    The filling up with water is so bad,LOL
    I am desperate to pee after about 5 mins!!!
    Best of luck!!!