Quilts for LOs over 12 months

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Its right I can use a quilt ...?

Ive always been scared to use one :blush: and the idea makes me nervous but we love snuggling under duvet I guess I should be thinking about it.

What do you/did you use for LO around 16 months?

Also do you put it over them or tuck them in it? (Like tuck them in at the sides).

Im still hmming over the pillow situation too! I only have normal ones so guess I shoul buy a toddler one because of the materiels!?

Benn had a cotbed duvet that i got from dunelm mill and a fairly flat pillow and i gave him them when he was 13 months. He'd been walking from 9 months and was more than capable to get up if he wanted to. I tucked him in because he looked more snug.

cotbed quilts exspensive? x

I think i paid £8 they still sell them in dunelm mill im going to get a new one for Ellie they also sell the cotbed sheets and there not a bad price either if my memory serves me right.

What about covers? Or are they covered and washable? :blush:

We don't have one near us Ill have to looksie online :D

We bought Kaya's pillow and quilt from Tesco.

i got jacks out of asda a pillow and duvet set anti allergy x

I think i saw some cot ones in ikea:D

uknow bidtv ? well theyve "lickle bear" bedding its SO cute, quilt etc, it alwasy starts at £75 but goes for £20 !!! really nice lovley material it is, i wud defo of gotten on (if i had an older baby that is!)

also matalan and wilkos have got some lovley ones in aswell, am sure they all will have to be made with special guide lines etc........so cute,there own little quilt !

Well I found one cheap on ASDA but they don't sell the covers just flat and fitted sheets which I think is pretty useless.

I got sam a quilt from dunelmill it was £8 he as ad it since he was 10 mths old wen i got it
oh and i tuck it under him x

I got one made of wool from my nana ..she made ..i use it but not very often ..

Livvys in a single bed now & also has a 13.5tog quilt & pillow. She doesnt seem to wriggle & move around as much in it. I tuck her in at the sides & her bed still looks made by the morning.

Forgot to say we got it from Dunelm Mill in a bedding package. Got single duvet, pillow, fitted sheet, duvet sheet, pillowcase for £14.99 (think they were supposed to be £19.99)

i got leeon a bedding bundle from primark for £8 a single duvet 13.5tog and a pillow plus a pillow protector and mattress protector he is in a cotbed i just tuck it under the mattress x

"rock a buybaby" i mean on bidtv, comes with quilt and other things as a set x

"rock a buybaby" i mean on bidtv, comes with quilt and other things as a set x

have seen these they are lovely but i couldnt imagine in winter it being -4 outside and sleeping with a 4tog cot quilt brrrrrr i freeze under my 13.5tog haha x suppose it depends how cold your house is ours is drafty single glazing :(

Char has had blankets and quilts on her since she was BORN. Never had any problems with it. I don't know who makes all these rules (pillows, blankets, etc) but they seem crazy to me!

i got 2 cotbed quilts, one is a 4 tog the other a 4.5 tog for around £11 inc postage (the little bargain hunter I am!!) so you should have a look and see what you can find.

As for warmth treat every tog as a blanket like sleeping bags so if you have a 4 tog that would be the equivilant of 4 blankets. :)

Well I have one of those cot quilts already patterned and I put it over her last night and she slept for 13 hours ...erm :rofl: not sure if thats coincidence shes been a nightmare for a few days now at night which isn't like her. Maybe she needed something to snuggle at night she always snuggles the little blankies downstairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->