Quinny, pram, buggy board, help!!

samlee08

Reaction score
Help please!!!???!!!

Hi, I have a 3 year old daughter who walks everywhere and has done for the last year!! But.... Ideally I'd like to get a buggy board for her to sit/stand... Makes journeys quicker and easier! As I don't drive but OH does, so it wouldn't be used all the time.

Does anyone have the Quinny buzz 3 and use a buggy board or have done?!

Yes, we had a double buggy initially (there's a 23mth gap between our boys) but once Toby was about 2.5yrs old and wanting to walk everywhere there seemed no point in trudging the double everywhere so we got a lascal buggy board and fit it to our quinny buzz 3. It took OH a couple of hrs to figure it out and get it set up but once he did it was v handy and we were able to sell the double.

The only thing I'd say is that it does make the quinny harder to steer. I used to be able to push it one handed but once the buggy board was on it started to behave a bit more like a tesco shopping trolley! :wacko:

I've got a Lascal board to go with my Quinny Zapp. I've set it up ready but when having a little practice I'm finding it hard to manouver backwards with DD on the board :wacko: Do you find this?

Maybe it'll be heavier once the car seat and baby are onboard to and then work better I don't know. :shrug:

I've got a Lascal board to go with my Quinny Zapp. I've set it up ready but when having a little practice I'm finding it hard to manouver backwards with DD on the board :wacko: Do you find this?

Yes, very! I found I basically lost the ability to reverse at all, so if I needed to go backwards, like backing up in a shop so I could turn around and go the other way, I used to have to ask Toby to step off for a minute. It was a pain but the alternative was pushing a tandem pushchair and holding his hand as he was in and out of it all the time so I felt like the buggy board although it made manouvering difficult, was a better alternative.

Yes, very! I found I basically lost the ability to reverse at all, so if I needed to go backwards, like backing up in a shop so I could turn around and go the other way, I used to have to ask Toby to step off for a minute. It was a pain but the alternative was pushing a tandem pushchair and holding his hand as he was in and out of it all the time so I felt like the buggy board although it made manouvering difficult, was a better alternative.

Did you find in practice though that going forwards and round corners etc was ok?

Yes, forwards was fine, just backwards that was a problem. Also had to be a bit more careful bumping up/down curbs, Toby fell off a couple of times :blush:

Thank you both! That's great info! Will look into them a bit more and see if its worth getting one! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->