raigmore hospital inverness

S

scottishgal

i was wondering if i transfer to this hospital for the remainder of mypregnancy if i will get the growth scans etc needed due to my disability cerebral palsey and the size of baby cause i saw consultant at york hospital where i am registered for my pregnancy and he said i need them because will prob need inducing plus have to give birth on my side due to disability and i am worried that if i change to this hospital i wont get all the care i need as i heard from some 1 they are not good at giving this sort of care and i am scared things will go wrong if i do not have it. thanks

I had a friend who was registered with Dr Grays in Elgin but wanted to go to Raigmore as they have the option of epidurals and was advised NOT to transfer by her midwife untill all the the scans she required had been carried out (her baby had kidney problems) so to wait untill the end of her pregnancy. There was a campaign against Raigmore about the lack of scans and care for higher risk patients this time last year so it is possible things have changed, have a talk with your consultant about how you feel he may be able to put your mind at ease. Elgin may be another option for you if travelling is not a big issue. Hope it all works out x

hi hun what is elgin like i have never been i will just travel to england if my baby is going to be put at risk i know they dont have 20 week scan at raigmore and i dont fancy going private all the time for scans etc cause will cost alot and also the consultant till need an in put on the scans on weather to induce baby etc

Where are you in Scotland? Dr grays has a very good maternity unit, as does aberdeen. I wouldnt fancy Raigmore at all x

hi hun i live in alness which is about 20 miles from inverness i think i just dont know what is best to do cause its not just a normal pregnancy due to my CP

I would be asking your midwife to ask for a consultant appointments both at raigmore and dr grays. Give you the opportunity to discuss what care you would get, scans etc, and even get your foot put down over number of scans. Its horrible that all the other options are so far away, but you need to do whats best for you and bubs xxx

Dr Grays is has a great mat unit, and 3 scans are given as standard to all women. I had 4, an extra one just to double check my dates. I seen my consultant 4 times (same one every time) and in general just treated very well before, during and after the birth. It was def a much better experience than when I had my first in Stirling!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->