• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

thats great amjon. How often are you going to have scans and appointments?

Nicola (and anybody else who is or has used one) what doppler are you using and where did you get it from??

Also I am getting a weird burning sensation in my boobs and into nipples is anybody else getting this??

Tracy, mine is a sonoline b and i love it! I had a pink angelsounds last time which are much cheaper but it didnt show bpm and had to be used with the headphones. Also the probe was much bulkier and more tricky to position. Either works fine though in my experience. Mines from ana wiz which i think are the cheapest siuppliers and customer service are brilliant if you have any problems. A friend on here had one not working so sent it back, they called as soon as they recieved it to say it was the probe not working which reassured her as she hadnt heard baby and they sent a new one back recorded next day delivery so definitely a good company to use for buying things like that!
Just my opinion but hope it helps :shrug:

I will have a look online thanks Nicola. Do you rent yours Nicola?

How are you doing anyway??

On my phone so will be quick. Tracy I have the same as Nicola and also rent mine from Anawiz. I rented on whilst I was pregnant with the girls and was so impressed with their customer service. Something went wrong and my card got declined at the same time I gave birth to the girls, they emailed me to chase payment and I explained the situation. They were really lovely and told me to take my time sending it back and nit to worry, so I knew this time I'd be renting from them again.

xxx

I bought mine Tracy. I can always sell it on e-bay after lol - or pass it on to a pregnant friend. :thumbup:

I mentioned the doppler to my husband and asked him what he thought and he doesn't think it is a good idea as I will become obsessed with it and panick if I can't find the heart beat lol

Spring how are you hun? Have you chose a name for your baby yet?

Ahh yes, my name is spring and I am obessed with my doopler!

I love mine. It's been good this time as my placenta us in front so wasn't really feeling dot. In the last week though she's really started wriggling and it's lovely. I'm finally starting to believe there's a baby in here! I'll be 23ws in wens so getting there. Desperate to get to 24ws when she'll be viable although I really really want to keep her inside fir over 30ws. Seeing my cons on thurs for more hand holding and reassuring pats on my back!

I'm starting work on 7th Jan, 3 days a week. Am going to try and work as close as I can to my dd as if all is well I doubt I'll be back.

Tracy how are you doing withthe clexane? I'm doing some in my thighs now too, to try and give my tummy a break. Thudding it's easier though as I have more flab! With the girls it was a nightmare as I was pretty lean then and so worried I would prick one of them!

Anyway in answer to your q, I think we may have a name but I'm not telling as I want a surprise! Also we haven't Defo decided but I want something soon as found it really stressful with the hospital when we had no names!

Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm so relieved 2012 is nearly over, praying 2013 is a good one!

xxx

I am doing ok with the injections Spring some days I don't feel a thing and other days it can take 2 or 3 attempts just to get the needle in and on the rare occassion it hurts when I push the liquid in but it is only for a few seconds and it is worth it. I have bruises on my stomach but they are much smaller than they were. I tried it in my thigh once at the beginning and it really hurt and I got a massive bruise and my thighs are big (and fat lol) so not sure if I will try that again unless my bump gets so big that I can't grab any fat lol.

I have stopped my progestrone today as the plan is to stop it at 16 weeks so I am glad that I no longer need to insert 2 pessaries a day although I do get a bit nervous when I have to stop any of the medication I started on. I have a consultants apt on thursday too so should find out if I can have a natural birth as they are checking with liverpool womens the type of c-section I had. I also hope I can get another scan sorted this week as I really don't want to wait until the 31st January as they lost my slip of the registrar asking for 16 week scan. Do you have a scan on thursday to??

How many weeks did you get to with the twins spring? I am so pleased that you are at 23 weeks already has that gone fast for you?

What work are you going back to? I think I remember you saying you do HR or training like myself? Don't forget me if your organisation are looking for some external help :thumbup:

good luck with your apt and going back to work :hugs:

Miss you Ladies! With a newborn and lack of sleep I have not been able to post but I have been reading and keeping tabs on you! I am so happy that you all are doing well and your rainbows are growing strong!

I did not have a doppler for that same reason Tracy as I was scared to become obsessed with it but I was lucky and Raif was a big mover inside so I did not have to worry too much and with the amount of scans and NSTs I was quite confident but do what is right for you! I do not think obsession would be a bad thing and if you are worried about maybe limit your checks during each day!

Love and positive thoughts to you all! Congrats on 23 weeks Spring1 You will hit 30 before you know it!

Krippy lovely to hear from you! Its so busy with a nb isnt it? Lovely though. Hope everything is going well and you aren't too tired.:hugs:

Tracy - I got to 29ws with the girls before going into spontaneous labour (that always makes me laugh though as I was having what I now know was contractions for 24 hrs before I gave birth. I also had a bloody show but still the hospital didn't believe I was in labour. Its harder to tell with twins. Although I'm not worried this time if the same thing happens as I'm at a different hospital and I know they'll listen. It hasnt really gone fast, its strange with my dates being exactly the same. I'm really focusing on 14 Feb which is when I gave birth before, I'm obsessed with getting past that!

Weirdly my right side seems better at taking the injections than the left?! both in my thigh and my tummy? I can't remember when I stop them, I think its somewhere around 30ws. Looking forward to stopping them! I'm due to restart the progesterone pessaries soon. Not looking forward to them again! I feel the same about stopping meds, its very scary!

I'm lucky I'm seeing my consultant (and having scans) every 2 weeks. Am just seeing him and not the regs either which I'm pleased about. I would kick up a fuss and get another scan in. I lost all sense of dignity and just cry, then they seem to help. I really don't care though. I'll do anything to make myself more comfortable!

I run a graduate recruitment program for a US law firm. I used to do general but moved to recruitment as all I have did was discipline's and redundancies. It started to really get me down!

I keep meaning to say your post about your puppy, I have been there with Indy. I really felt awful in 1st Tri. (Actually to 20ws) I sobbed all day and puked non stop. I had to get the grandparents to help because I really couldn't cope. I hope you are feeling better now. :hugs:

Right gotta go, I think Daddy needs help with our little lady.

:kiss:

Krippy lovely to hear from you! Its so busy with a nb isnt it? Lovely though. Hope everything is going well and you aren't too tired.:hugs:

Tracy - I got to 29ws with the girls before going into spontaneous labour (that always makes me laugh though as I was having what I now know was contractions for 24 hrs before I gave birth. I also had a bloody show but still the hospital didn't believe I was in labour. Its harder to tell with twins. Although I'm not worried this time if the same thing happens as I'm at a different hospital and I know they'll listen. It hasnt really gone fast, its strange with my dates being exactly the same. I'm really focusing on 14 Feb which is when I gave birth before, I'm obsessed with getting past that!

Weirdly my right side seems better at taking the injections than the left?! both in my thigh and my tummy? I can't remember when I stop them, I think its somewhere around 30ws. Looking forward to stopping them! I'm due to restart the progesterone pessaries soon. Not looking forward to them again! I feel the same about stopping meds, its very scary!

I'm lucky I'm seeing my consultant (and having scans) every 2 weeks. Am just seeing him and not the regs either which I'm pleased about. I would kick up a fuss and get another scan in. I lost all sense of dignity and just cry, then they seem to help. I really don't care though. I'll do anything to make myself more comfortable!

I run a graduate recruitment program for a US law firm. I used to do general but moved to recruitment as all I have did was discipline's and redundancies. It started to really get me down!

I keep meaning to say your post about your puppy, I have been there with Indy. I really felt awful in 1st Tri. (Actually to 20ws) I sobbed all day and puked non stop. I had to get the grandparents to help because I really couldn't cope. I hope you are feeling better now. :hugs:

Right gotta go, I think Daddy needs help with our little lady.

:kiss:
I get far worse bruises on my right side. The left seems to do better. I'm now doing 3 shots a day because I have insulin twice a day also. I still have to get someone else to give it to me and doubt that will change this pregnancy.

Happy new year ladies :flower: I hope 2013 is a happier, gentler year for us all :hugs:

Spring I have to take the fragmin until the end of my pregnancy.
How come you are starting the progesterone again? when did you stop taking it how many weeks were you?

well ladies I ended the year being a little sick and I hadn't even had a drink lol I think the ms is back?? Was driving home and felt sickly and as I was reversing down the path I had to stop the car and open the door to be sick and I felt rough this morning. I had to laugh because obviously no alcohol had passed my lips and anybody watching would have thought I had been drinking :dohh: my tiredness has also re-appeared although I am not sure if that is because I have had a few days of not working and my body doesn't know what is going on?? I thought the second trimester was meant to be full of energy and rosiness :shrug: I guess baby is just trying to remind me they are here.

I am not sure how I feel about being in 2013 because 2012 was both my best and worse year. Best because Dexter was born but worse because he was taken from me. 2012 was all about Dexter and I know I will never forget him it just feels weird to no longer be in his year. Does this make sense to anybody else?

Krippy it is lovely to hear from you I hope you are having some fun with your gorgeous baby boy. Still not sure what I am doing about a doppler I have put a bid on one on ebay but I don't want to pay a fortune for it. I have an apt this week with my consultant and hopefully a scan, I have an appt in 2 weeks with midwife so hopefully that will be when she listens to the heartbeat then I have a 20, 24,28,32,36 week scan so that might be enough for me but I will see :shrug:

I know exactly what you mean Tracy! I burst into tears this morning feeling like that. Its like, i feel like i'm getting further away from my babies, or leaving them behind. Nothing we can do to change time moving forward..i guess it just feels more like that because its a new year?!
Not a great explanation but what i'm trying to say is i feel it too chick. :hugs:

I am glad somebody else understands Nicola :hugs:

I am in pain today ladies my lower back is killing me. I have tried paracetamol, hot water bottle and a bath and it is still hurting. I am not sure if it is muscular or another UTI?? it is hurting to bend down or over or even try to get out of the chair but it also hurts when I need the toilet??? I have an appointment with my consultant tomorrow so they should check my urine so I will mention it to them. have any of you got any other ideas how to ease back pain

I am also hoping I can beg for another scan tomorrow so I don't have to wait until the end of january

Hope everybody else is ok and 2013 has been kind to you all so far :thumbup:

Well i got my 14 week cervix scan after all after being taken to hospital by ambulence with bleeding, contractions, heart palpertationg, high blood pressure and rapid pluse,
Good news is baby is fine got to see him/ her they grow so quick at this stage! and they even gave me free pics :) Will post later baby is laid in a very odd position but explains why i have been feeling movement higher than i expected to and feet are up above his/her belly, cervix looks nice and long apparently not sure of measurement but was nice and long, and no funelling despite worrys that my cervix was possibly slightly open all seems well. I feel fine now other than having a stinking cold and we are still none the wiser what the hell happened but we are now on track for more monitoring and i'm to go straight in/ contact them staight away if i have any worrys.

hope you are all well. back pain wise, hot water bottle and warm bath are my only suggestions if hot isn't helping at all you could try cold. If it is a uti cranberry juice if you can stand it if not drink lots of water, if it hurts when your bladder is getting full try to go to the loo often instead of waiting till you feel you really need it.

sweet that is some way to get your 14 week scan a trip to hospital in an ambulance lol. Glad everything is ok with baby and cervix.

Thanks for advice on sore back. I went to bed at 9pm to rest and watch one born every minute and I have woken up and back feels a lot better so I have no idea what was wrong with it??

Off to my consultants appt at 10.20am so I will ask them to check my urine for signs of infection

had my consultants apt and heard baby's heart beat which was very reassuring but I asked for a reassurance scan and I am to phone up tomorrow to see if EPU can fit me in either tomorrow or monday so hopefully that will happen so I get to see jelly bean on the screen.

I saw a different registrar and consultant and had the usual NHS issues like the receptionist said she didn't have my notes?? they are a massive big file so I don't know how they could misplace them, she suddenly found them, then I asked the registrar if I should have a regular blood count as on fragmin and she said no and then the consultant said to me you are having monthly bloods done aren't you!!! well I would if every body knew I was to do that and her own staff had told me I didn't need it. I have left a slip with the scan dept to book my 24,28,32 and 36 wk scans but I reqally don't trust them as they lost my 16 wk request so I will wait to see if they send me a letter!!

I have got really rosy cheeks today and my face is on fire. I have had this a few times has anybody else got this. I think it is called the pregnancy glow but seriously during my hospital apt my face looked like I had spent 3 hours under a sun lamp lol

its been very quiet on here the last couple of days where are you all ladies. I feel like I am writing a journal on here lol

I managed to get a scan on saturday morning and there was the baby wriggling about, face on at first until they moved for a side shot and we managed to get a photo although not the clearest as jellybean was still moving about. Measuring around 16 wks 2 days which was a couple of days out but nothing of concern. The sonographer was lovely I have seen her a couple of times for my earlier scans and she said baby looks very strong and didn't stop moving around lol.

I am going to try and put my scan photo on but I haven't tried to attach a photo before so not sure if I can do it. Oh and hubby took pic of scan upside down but hopefully you will understand it when you see it :happydance:

Still having problems with my back but don't know what is causing it as it is coming and going and my retching seems to have returned to???

How is everybody else doing?

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members