• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Here i am Tracy :wave:
Been a busy weekend so not had much time to post.
Kristin - lovely to hear from you.:hugs: we miss you too!!

Tracy - glad you got your 16 week scan :thumbup: and that everything looks good! Did you getany glimpses of boy/girl or did you avoid looking??
I can't wait for mine - 22nd Jan so 16 more sleeps.
Going to post this now before battery dies as it did yesterday when trying to reply on here. Will catch up with all i missed tomorrow.
Hope you're all well ladies :flower:

Lovely scan photo! We have our 14 week scan next week. I'm hoping the babies cooperate and we'll know the sexes for sure. :) I've been having trouble sleeping, so quite worried about going back to work tomorrow. I'm thinking about asking the MFM to sign me off work. We'll see how this week goes.

I'm still around have my midwife appointment this week hoping to hear the heartbeat :), i'm still really under the weather walking around makes me dizzy and i still have morning sickness :( that mixed with migraines due to lack of food has ment i've been bed bound quiet a lot recently, I was told to rest after being discharged from hospital tho so i guess its my bodys way of making me.

amjon good luck for your 14 week scan i have a pic of ours its amazing how fast they grow, His/her position made the tech laugh legs are in the sky above its head :) heres bean 14 +3 weeks :

Attachments

• bean 14 + 3.jpg
    bean 14 + 3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
can i join too

im laura and 24 have a daughter Bella and 5 months ago we lost our son Milo at 36 weeks, there was no reason for his death :( im also diabetic

i knew soon after i wanted to try and am very cautiously pregnant nearly 10 weeks :) have my first scan Wednesday, i also have had 3 early losses so feeling quite anxious.

xxx

Welcome Laura.
So sorry for your loss of Milo. Do you know what the care plan will be this time round? Hopefully they'll do lots of extra scans and checks to help reassure you but we're all here too! Sadly, on this thread we all know the pain of losing a child, some ladies have also like you had early m/c and we all know how worrying a new pregnancy is. Here to hold your hand chick. :hugs:
Good luck for your scan on wednesday!
How are you feeling so far! Apart from all the worry, first tri is draining isn't it!?

Welcome Laura.
So sorry for your loss of Milo. Do you know what the care plan will be this time round? Hopefully they'll do lots of extra scans and checks to help reassure you but we're all here too! Sadly, on this thread we all know the pain of losing a child, some ladies have also like you had early m/c and we all know how worrying a new pregnancy is. Here to hold your hand chick. :hugs:
Good luck for your scan on wednesday!
How are you feeling so far! Apart from all the worry, first tri is draining isn't it!?

my care wont be too much different as im diabetic i get extra scans ect anyway, i will be given a course fo steroids in case baby has to be delivered early though :)

thank you x

I have to have the steroids too as my last 4 have been preemies. I think it's the most painful injection i've ever had!! (But happily have them if it helps)

How is everyone today? Everyone's gone quiet when i finally get time to chat :dohh: you must all be back at work while my kids are back to school so just Alex home today.
Who has a scan next? Laura, yours tomorrow then i have one on the 22nd. Amjon, what day is yours this week? Anyone else?
Ich, how are you? Not long to go now!!

I have a scan on my cervix, hoping to see baby as well on the 15th Jan, should have one 2 weeks after that and then my 20 week scan is on the 12th Feb.

Ooh lots coming up for you then sweet!
Are you feeling any better now?

My cold has just about gone so feeling less drained, i still have morning sickness but it appears to have moved to every few days which is better than daily, i am achy today down one leg hoping it eases as the day goes on. had a bath yesterday and bean was gave me a few kicks when i poured water on my belly :) stil really faint movement and have to concentrate to feel it that and i keep doubting it but everytime i doubt its bean i get one a little stronger that can't be anything else so all is good. Still weak walking around due to dizziness but doubt thats going to change for a while, and isn't so bad really a good excuse to sit and rest :) and my bodys way of making me rest i guess seen as i was told to rest by the hospital.

I have to have the steroids too as my last 4 have been preemies. I think it's the most painful injection i've ever had!! (But happily have them if it helps)

How is everyone today? Everyone's gone quiet when i finally get time to chat :dohh: you must all be back at work while my kids are back to school so just Alex home today.
Who has a scan next? Laura, yours tomorrow then i have one on the 22nd. Amjon, what day is yours this week? Anyone else?
Ich, how are you? Not long to go now!!

The MFM is Thursday. I'm not sure if the regular OB will do another quick one tomorrow though.

hi ladies

sorry been mia I have been to london for a business meeting and didn't take my laptop. But I am safe and sound back up north now lol.

I dont know about feeling more energised in 2nd trimester I feel shattered most of the time and of course my sleep every night is interupted by needing to get up for a wee lol. I am still having problems with a sore back and it feels muscular but nothing much is helping it. An older lady told me yesterday that there is a saying that you carry girls at the back and boys at the front so maybe this one is a girl as my back was not sore like this when carrying Dexter??. Which I feel quite strongly that jelly bean is a girl so will hopefully find out for sure at 20 wk scan 31st Jan.

I have a bit of work on over the next couple of weeks so hopefully that will make January pass by quite quickly. It is Dexter's 1st birthday on the 20th January so that is another milestone I need to get through and I need to think about what I can do to celebrate it and not just feel sad that he is not here - so if you have any ideas let me know.

I have my midwife apt on the 14th jan so will hopefully get to hear the heart beat as I still haven't bought a doppler and am not sure I am going to now??

sweet your scan is so funny.

amjon have you be signed off work?

spring how are you chick?

dextersmum for nathaniels first birthday we got him pressents and took them up to his grave made me feel a little better.

I have the midwife tomorrow fx i will get to hear beans heartbeat, i also don't have a dopplar and don't intend on getting one i do have a parent listening system tho so can listen from 28 weeks i think it is.

i'm also hoping that january passes quickly as my 20 week scan isn't until 12th feb. infact i would rather like it to me april already so i am passed the point i lost nathaniel and passed vday but i guess i will have to be patient.

hi ladies

sorry been mia I have been to london for a business meeting and didn't take my laptop. But I am safe and sound back up north now lol.

I dont know about feeling more energised in 2nd trimester I feel shattered most of the time and of course my sleep every night is interupted by needing to get up for a wee lol. I am still having problems with a sore back and it feels muscular but nothing much is helping it. An older lady told me yesterday that there is a saying that you carry girls at the back and boys at the front so maybe this one is a girl as my back was not sore like this when carrying Dexter??. Which I feel quite strongly that jelly bean is a girl so will hopefully find out for sure at 20 wk scan 31st Jan.

I have a bit of work on over the next couple of weeks so hopefully that will make January pass by quite quickly. It is Dexter's 1st birthday on the 20th January so that is another milestone I need to get through and I need to think about what I can do to celebrate it and not just feel sad that he is not here - so if you have any ideas let me know.

I have my midwife apt on the 14th jan so will hopefully get to hear the heart beat as I still haven't bought a doppler and am not sure I am going to now??

sweet your scan is so funny.

amjon have you be signed off work?

spring how are you chick?
Not yet. Hopefully they'll sign me off soon. I went to the regular OB today. She couldn't find either HB, so grabbed the U/S and both were doing fine (one was asleep, but HB was there; one she didn't find the HB, but then it moved, so we knew everything was fine). We go to the MFM for the real U/S tomorrow and hopefully find out the sexes.

Hey ladies. I've also got my 20 week scan on the 31st jan, then Joshua's 1st birthday on 6th february followed by his angelversary on 7th. We still haven't announced to many of our friends yet that I'm pregnant. Don't really know how to. The longer we leave it the more awkward it gets. Oh felt his first proper kick last Friday, I'm feeling them wriggle most days, more so when I first get into bed, and my cat is starting to meow and look uzzled when he gets kicked gently whilst lying on my bump!! x

Lexi are you not showing yet? are you going to try and find out the sex on the 31st at your scan?

I am not feeling strong kicks yet just bubbles. I got a bit freaked today as I hadn't felt anything for a while but then I felt them so relaxed a little bit. I can't wait to feel a proper kick and for hubby to feel it to.

Nicola have you and OH agreed on names yet?

Spring how are you doing hun?

Midwife went well, heart the heartbeat she managed to find it straight away :). weight is fine infact ive lost around 5lb since getting pregnant, got given drop in times incase i just want to listen in before 25 weeks, felt my first strong kick today as well rather than butterflys, not strong enough for oh to feel yet, think that will be a while, i still have quiet a bit of extra padding bean needs to kick through so he can feel it :) hope you are all well!

I am rounding/ showing have been for weeks but i'm starting to grow out of the leggings i got to see me trough for a while in 3 sizes 2 big at 10 weeks so i may have to resort to maternity clothes shopping trying to delay it as long as possible tho.

Looks like we're team double blue! DH is excited, but I'm a bit disappointed as I wanted at least one to be a girl (b/g would be the best). She wasn't 100% sure though because she didn't get a good view, but was pretty sure there was too much there. Both babies looked great though and were measuring BIG. (One had a head measuring 15W1d!.) She said they're above normal for now, but thinks they'll fall into normal as the range widens. She thinks they are just genetically prone to be big and my GD doesn't have anything to do with their size yet.

Attachments

• Twins14weeks.jpg
    Twins14weeks.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
  • TwinsA14weeksBOY1.jpg
    TwinsA14weeksBOY1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
  • TwinB14weeksface.jpg
    TwinB14weeksface.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 4
i had my scan on wednesday and all is well, very wriggly baby :) i didnt have change to get a picture (silly me was in a rush to leave the house) but will be rescanned in 4 weeks to have a proper due date, for now they have given me the 14th august, my sons due date was the 20th august, there's a huge chance this baby will be born very close to Milo's 1st birthday, maybe a sign?

sweet so glad you got to hear the heart beat. I have been in maternity jeans for weeks as I just find them so comfortable. Like you I have extra padding for baby to kick through for hubby to feel it lol. But after writing on here last night I only felt bubbles I got a stronger sensation in by stomach which definitely left like baby moving :happydance: so I am hoping this is the start of stronger feelings.

Amjon it is great news that babies are growing well. Have you got a bigger bump this time around yet? I guess you will have to start thinking of a second boys name now :winkwink:

Xlaura I am glad your scan went well :thumbup:

I have lots of work to do today so I had better get on with it. I have put the hyperactive puppy in his cage so that I can get something done lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->