• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Loving all the name talk!!
We like names with a meaning too, or for a reason. We like...
Evie - meaning 'life' or 'living one'
Violet - 7th colour of the rainbow and my 7th child.
Hope - obvious meaning!
Got others but can't remember them at the moment! Will go look.
Tracy and Sweet - Alexander is a brilliant name!!:winkwink:

Spring and Tracy, are you both looking for X names then?
How about Xara? I know Zara means 'dawn' or 'new beginning' so has a lovely meaning too.:shrug:

Hey Nicola

No we aren't looking for a name with an X in it, although I'm not adverse to an X!

We are looking for anything not beginning with M.

Im voting for Violet, it's so pretty and has great meaning for you. Although I like them all just Violet is my favourite.

I've got my 25w midwife appointment tomorrow. Feeling a bit anxious today Dot has been very quiet, hope she's ok in there!

:dohh: i meant Tracy and Sweet!
Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow :thumbup:
I keep thinking sprout has gone quiet and panicking then will get a whole load of whacks and kicks to reassure me! Hope you get some of those later, i'm sure all's fine but you're bound to worry. Have some of these. :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks Nicola! She seems to have a run of days when she literally doesn't stop moving and then days when I get nothing. The girls were like it too, wish it was mire constant by hey ho!

What about Darcie, spring?
I like Dolly but as we're not married yet, baby won't have oh's name til we leave hospital/register so while we're in, baby would be Dolly Bird :rofl:
I can't think of any boys namesni like at all so kinda hoping this one is a girl!!

I think the days of lots of movement, then less, are normal but because of our history, it's all so much more scary to us and we're looking for it a whole lot more i guess. Just a worrying rollercoaster of a journey, this pregnancy after loss life. :cry:

Haha, that did make me laugh!! That's an excellent first and last name combo!

I really like Darcie but Oh has already veto'd it! Grrr!

Have to admit I'm relieved we're having a girl. Oh and I never managed to agree on a boys name! That's was partly why we found out. We thought thus one was a boy and were both panicking about names!

hi all back from the scan ....

not very reassuring to be honest and i think i am now more worried rather than less... bean ( who the sonographer thinks may be a boy!) was fine however my cervix has begun to shorten that had me in fits of tears so embarassing. I'm back next week as i didn't feel happy waiting 2 to see if theres any change, fingers crossed that it stays the same, if not i may have to throw a paddy on the floor till i see a consultant and not a midwife at my consultant appointment.

Nicola we aren't looking for names with x specifically infact we managed to agree finally on names at the beginning of jan they will be:

Gabrielle Eve if its a girl ( eve is after my grandma eva) and
Alexander ( xander) Keith if its a boy ( after the OH uncle who saddly passed 10+ years ago)

Congratulations on bean probably being a boy!! Did they say what your cervix measured?

I'm
All for throwing paddys. I really don't care, we've all been through hell and we need that extra reassurance. Don't be afraid to insist on seeing a cons.

xxx

cervix meassured:

@14 weeks - 4.5cm
today @16 weeks - 29.4mm

so quiet a big drop although only just out of 'normal' range from what i understand and research.

Ladies

I am so glad I have come on here tonight as I was just having a little wobble as not even sure if I have felt any "baby bubbles" today and was panicking about lack of movement from Jelly Bean but I see a few of us are having a day like that so feel a bit more at ease. Like you say Nicola it is such a roller coaster. It probably didn't help that I was delivering a training course today and one of the participants who was sat opposite me is 29 weeks pregnant and has a great bump and kept rubbing her belly all day.

Sweet glad baby was ok just keep throwing a paddy if it means they will listen to you and keep their eye on your cervix.

Spring I love the name Lara Bay :thumbup:

Nicola I nearly wet myself at Dolly Bird :laugh2: I really like Evie and I mentioned Hope (and Faith) to hubby think they are on our list. I really like your daughters name Tiegan because my maiden name was Tracy Regan so Tegan feels like a great name to continue my old name :happydance: but hubby said NO!!! :dohh:

Sweet Gabrielle is a beautiful name but if the sonographer is right I guess it will be Xander which is very trendy :thumbup:

midwife thinks I may have pelvic girdle pain so has referred me to a physio. I don't have pain all the time but she said it is worth going as they will support me throughout the rest of pregnancy and couple of weeks afterwards

I don't understand anything about the cervix sweet what does it mean??

That is quite a big drop. But as you say you are still within normal range. My cons said its really common for the length to change all the time and it can go back up as easily as it can go down. I haven't seen that yet tbh mine has steadily decreased every 2 weeks. Last time I was at 32 I think. Id push for a TVS every 2 weeks now.

xxx

Tracy sorry to hear you are having a wobble. It's horrid!! Hope you little bump starts wriggling away soon.

They monitor your cervix if they are concerned about prem labour. If the cervix gets too short it could be that birth could happen soon but what they do is put a stitch in to keep baby in! They monitor you until 24ws when you are viable. Stitches seem to work really well.

We also thought about Summer but then we'd have Indya and summer and when you say it quick it sounds like Indian summer. So that's out!

xxx

I've been told 30mm and above is normal and below 25mm is when they will step in/think about acting and placing a stitch. I am being monitored every 2 weeks minus this one when it will be in a week coz i'm worried.

Sweet i had regular cervix scans last time and was also told 30mm + is normal too. It's good they're keeping regular checks but i agree, kick up a fuss, throw a tantrum, cry, chain yourself to the midwives- whatever you need to do to get seen by a consultant and put your mind at ease!
There's a great group of ladies on gestational complications on a thread called incompetent cervix/ cerclage support or something that were really helpful with all the questions i had if you have any.
Gabrielle is a lovely name (and Alexander too obviously:thumbup:)
Shall i add you to the first page as team blue?!
Tracy sorry you're having a wobble but glad you came on and found you're not the only one! :hugs:
Hope everyone else is ok.

nicola can you leave me as blank for a while we are going to double check at the 20 week scan as the sonographer wasn't 100% sure ( looked like a boy to me as well but we shall wait and see)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->