• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Glad your scan went well Tracy. :thumbup:
What is 728g in lb's and oz's?! :haha:
At my last growth scan at 24 weeks they were saying baby measured 23 weeks or slightly less on some measurements but by the scan on monday, 26+6, she was back on track and above for weight!
Sonographer said it happens quite often where baby has a growth spurt, then a little rest then growth spurt again so it's not always a consistent day to day growth but usually evens out over a few weeks iykwim?! Not sure that made much sense, sorry! :dohh:
Have fun at girls aloud!

I'm doing fine thanks, heartburn is kicking my butt but will gladly have that over more tightenings!!

baby is measuring at right gestation for all the growth charts of height etc but it is her weight that is saying she is in 10 percentile. The weight is approx 1lb 10oz Nicola. It is nice to hear stories where other babies have measured behind and the caught up with where she should be.

Sweet my consultant told me that if the baby has a pattern when they usually move and they don't stick to that pattern then you should phone your triage dept at the hospital if they have missed a couple of the times that you would usually feel them moving rather than the old fashion way of saying as long as you feel baby move 10 times in 10 hours because they now also work on babys pattern of movement so if you know your baby is more of a night owl and he is not moving until the night that should be ok but if there is a pattern of when he usually moves during the day but he doesn't then it might be worth making a call??

dextersmum hes usually quiet during the day, was bouncing around and kicked hard enough for oh to feel earlier :), he doesn't seem to have much of a pattern other than being awake when i go to bed between 10-midnight and has been up when i have for the last few nights at 3 in the morning. usually i start to get worried then he boots me like stop being stupid and goes back to sleep lol

glad OH has been able to feel bean sweet it is lovely when that happens. Sounds like baby is a night owl and that could be his pattern??

Went to Girls aloud concert last light and Lexi was very active when support act was on between 7-8pm but fast asleep when girls aloud were playing apart from one of their new songs near the end when she kicked me so hard twice that I nearly jumped out of my seat. She has been a little quieter so far today but if she isn't active at her lunch time pattern I will think about calling triage

Well after saying hes awake all night he slep last night lol i think anyways as i managed to sleep quite well last night, thought he was being quiet this morning and was gonna call midwife but just had a cup of tea ( crave it so much decaf bags are arriving tonight whoop) and he is bouncing around to be fair i've only been awake an hour so can't blame him for being asleep.

oo and our pain samples have arrived for the nursery, we are redecorating the whole house as it needs doing and we asked permision last september from landlord but it go pushed back due to being to cold to do it. nursery is only room that is going to have colour tho rest of the house is staying white.

Hey everyone. Glad to hear everyone is doing ok. Tracy, I'm sure her weight will catch up, at least she's still on the scale which is good. I'm getting nervous about tomorrow. Mothers day was a bit of a blur last year, but I do remember oh getting me a card from Joshua. This year, not only is it mothers day, but it's my birthday too. So mixed emotions. Baby is constantly kicking, oh feels pretty much every movement she makes. No one ever really felt Joshua as he wasn't big enough, or strong enough, and the lack of fluid meant he didn't move much. My bump is already bigger than I ever got with Joshua, even at delivery, but still quite small. What do you ladies think?
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/23EF1865-9CB2-4A8A-BD89-A220D7A3F73F-209-0000001898C21824.jpg
Excuse the dirty mirror, clearly I need to do some dusting!!

Hope everyone is doing alright, and that tomorrow is gentle on you all xx

Lexi that is a lovely bump you are a slim lady so it is very easy to see you are pregnant. I am having another nightmare weekend as I started bleeding again yesterday early evening and got admitted and have spent another night in a delivery suite being monitored. They did a thorough scan this morning to look at whether the bleed is coming from baby or me and I was crapping myself as if it was from baby she would need to be delivered today. Consultant is confident it is coming from a lobe on my placenta which is a bit like an arm coming off it which is unusual (why can't I just be normal?) so now I am being observed and monitored. The bleed was a lot less than last time and has already turned to a light, brown discharge which is a good thing. Not sure how long I will be in Hospital for but I will stay her for the next 12 weeks if that keeps baby safe

Oh no :( hope everything's ok. I've never heard of that before. At least they don't think it's baby though. What a scary time for you. xx

Beautiful bump :flower:

Evening ladies, hope nobody minds me asking- but did you all get an early scan in your current pregnancies? I saw my GP yesterday to let him know I was pregnant- im to book in with the midwife in a couple of weeks when i will be 8/9 weeks. He was really good but he didnt mention an early scan and i completely forgot to ask, only thought on when i got home.

It just seems like such a long wait to 12 weeks :(

I only had an early scan as I had severe pain and some bleeding and they were worried about ectopic, otherwise I wouldn't of done. I asked before that, and they just said there's no reason for an early scan, like any other pregnancy. x

Tracy poor you! So scary. Glad evetything looks ok with baby though. Hopefully all will settle again and you'll just have to be monitored more, but you're right- if staying in will be safer for you and Lexi then i'm sure you'll willingly do it! Thinking of you lovely. :hugs:
Loraloo i didn't get an early scan this time as generally my problems aren't anything that start early.
It did feel like a looonnngg wait til 12 weeks!
Lexi you have a lovely bump! I have a bit of bump envy. :blush:
Mine is a lot more squishy round the edges!!:haha:
Loraloo i saw Tasha is pregnant from your siggy! Tell her to come join us. :thumbup:

Tracy poor you! So scary. Glad evetything looks ok with baby though. Hopefully all will settle again and you'll just have to be monitored more, but you're right- if staying in will be safer for you and Lexi then i'm sure you'll willingly do it! Thinking of you lovely. :hugs:
Loraloo i didn't get an early scan this time as generally my problems aren't anything that start early.
It did feel like a looonnngg wait til 12 weeks!
Lexi you have a lovely bump! I have a bit of bump envy. :blush:
Mine is a lot more squishy round the edges!!:haha:
Loraloo i saw Tasha is pregnant from your siggy! Tell her to come join us. :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. I guess my problem didnt start in early pregnancy either. Well, to be truthful, we dont even know what the problem was :shrug: I just went for a scan and he had died. Obviously Eve wasnt pregnancy related, but its worrying all the same. Worry all the way through pregnancy then worry some more when baby arrives. xx

Ditto to that Loraloo! I've had early mc, lost Emily at 25 weeks and Edward from SIDS....the worry never ends! I do wonder if i'll be able to relax at all once baby is home or if i'll become a neurotic mess!!
How many weeks were you with Alfie?
I think if i had asked, i would have got extra early scans because of our mcs before Elliot and for reassurance but i kind of thought - what could i do to change things if the worst happened?
I decided to try to enjoy being pregnant as much as possible as this will be my last time - regardless of what happens, it's hard but i'm trying!
I like Tracys favourite mantra - this is a DIFFERENT pregnancy! Reminds me to remember there is no reason the same thing should happen as did with Emily or Edward.

Tracy i hope things are ok with you.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you. :hugs: you are all beautiful mummys. :hugs:

Ditto to that Loraloo! I've had early mc, lost Emily at 25 weeks and Edward from SIDS....the worry never ends! I do wonder if i'll be able to relax at all once baby is home or if i'll become a neurotic mess!!
How many weeks were you with Alfie?
I think if i had asked, i would have got extra early scans because of our mcs before Elliot and for reassurance but i kind of thought - what could i do to change things if the worst happened?
I decided to try to enjoy being pregnant as much as possible as this will be my last time - regardless of what happens, it's hard but i'm trying!
I like Tracys favourite mantra - this is a DIFFERENT pregnancy! Reminds me to remember there is no reason the same thing should happen as did with Emily or Edward.

Tracy i hope things are ok with you.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you. :hugs: you are all beautiful mummys. :hugs:

I know. All through my pregnancies with Amy, wIlliam and Alfie I worried, and people would try and tell me that Eve wasnt anything to do with the pregnancy so Id be fine. She may not have been but she died soon after, how could I not worry? And obviously i now have so many friends that i met through SANDS that have lost babies in pregnancy- i knew/know too much what can go wrong. Others would tell me that Id be fine when the baby arrived- wrong, i worried more than ever then, constantly checking on them. I still have never been able to leave Amy or William over night or for more than an hour with my mum if im really desperate, im too scared, so anxious that something will happen to them.

I was 18 weeks with Alfie, just had an inkling :nope: Tried and tried to get an appt but the mw wouldnt return my messages, nearly 2 weeks later...no heartbeat. She told me i was listening to it, but i knew it wasnt. Sent me for a scan just to reassure me, and he'd gone.

This is our last baby too, so also going to try and enjoy it. Easier said than done though! xxx

Hi ladies just found out I am allowed to go home tonight as bleeding is now just a brown discharge on occasions. I am to go for a growth scan on the 21st march and I am praying that lexi has grown and it shows that there is good flow from placenta to baby. They are a little concerned that the umbilical cord is not going to the centre of the placenta it is at the side and I have the lobe off the placenta. I am trying not to be too worried and keep the faith that everything will be ok but there are a few things that are similar to dexters pregnancy it was around this gestation that things went wrong with the placenta and he had to be born. So my goal is to get through the next 2 weeks and try to stay calm and not crumble with negative thoughts and pray that I don't bleed again. Although there is nothing I can do to stop it happening

I'm so pleased you 're allowed home Tracy. Are you glad or wouldyou rather have been kept in? I know i felt so anxious after being allowed home as there isn't that constant monitoring to make you feel safe.
I don't really know anything about placenta/cord position or what that means but hopefully the scan will show Lexi is growing well.
What was the placenta issue with Dexter? :hugs:

Hi Nicola I actually didn't come home until Monday morning as there was a change in the colour of my discharge so I stayed in for another night. I didn't feel as nervous coming home this time as I did the first time but I am feeling a little anxious today and am waiting for baby to move. I think being lay in a hospital bed makes baby move more and knowing you are monitored every 4 hours and lexi always jumped around when they were listening to her heartbeat. My midwife has said I can go see her anytime and every day if I want so I will do that if I feel the need.
Apparently in Down syndrome pregnancy there is a higher risk of the placenta not working properly and at 28 weeks we found out it had stopped feeding dexter so he hadn't grown and needed to be born

Hi ladies :wave:
It's been very quiet in here lately, hope everyones ok!

Tracy i get what you mean about movements in hospital - there's nothing much to do except lay and feel baby and if you are worried at all, you're monitored so often you know nothing is wrong. It is very reassuring but at least you have the option of going to mw whenever you need to. :thumbup:
How are you feeling today?

Loraloo have you got your first appointment date through yet? Hope everythings going smoothly.

Lexi, Sweet, Amjon and Spring how are you all doing? :flower:

Lexi, Sweet, Amjon and Spring how are you all doing? :flower:

We're doing good. Both of the boys were 18oz last week. We go back tomorrow, but they won't be doing weights, just fluid check (and heartbeat I'm sure). I've been feeling a bit run down. I think babies are just getting too big now and taking up so much room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->