Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Hi Nicola I am ok today, went to my midwife to listen to baby's heartbeat for reassurance as she had been being a little quite although still feeling her. I have been doing a relaxation cd every day which Lexi moves around when I listen or it puts me into a good snooze. Think I am still catching up on my 3 nights of disturbed sleep in the hospital. It is Dexters 1 year angelversary tomorrow and I said to my mw today that I swear the bleeding happened to try and take my mind of it. What it did was make me pray that nothing happened to Lexi during this time and I asked Dexter to do his best to look after us both. I can't believe a year has passed since my precious and much wanted and loved baby boy grew his wings. It certainly has been a hard year to get through and continues to be a little difficult with this pregnancy but I am determined to stay as strong as possible. Dexter showed me strength, courage and determination these are words I used to describe him every day and they are things I need to show and have constantly and if he could do it so can I. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow but husband has taken the day off so I won't be alone.

i'm doing ok :) have midwife tomorrow. I'm just relieved to make it to 24 weeks and counting the days til 28 now,

DextersMum i hope today is gentle on you :hugs: Thinking of you and your precious baby boy xxx

Thinking of you and your brave little Dexter today Tracy. :hugs:

Midwife has just phoned me, shes pushed me appt forward to next sat and instead on the usual initial appt im just to pick up a pack from gp surgery and shes going to do the home visit. I have had her before when she has stood in for my old midwife and she is really really nice, so Im happy its hert this time.

Been to order my little mans headstone this morning so i have been really emotional!

How is everyone else? xx

Hi Ladies

Its been quiet on here over the weekend. I hope everybody is well and happy and babies are growing.

I had a good weekend in that I feel better now that I have gone through all of Dexter's first milestones and that Lexi is kicking away and reminding me she is here on a daily basis and we have reached 27 weeks today. Does that mean I am in 3rd trimester? not sure as different websites say 27 or 28 weeks. Either way I am counting down the 77 days until the planned c-section on the 3rd of June and hoping there are no more issues before then but if there are then my mantra of "this is a different pregnancy" is being said on a daily basis.

what is everybody elses news??

I'm ache today did to much over the weekend but was necessary family drama with the brother in law, basically long and short was social wouldn't let them ( and still may not) take baby and there lo home til house was clean, so everyone spent all day yesterday sorting it!, just hoping its enough waiting on news,

I feel run down and achy as a result today, but i didn't feel right not helping hes a great dad, i dislike his girl she is lazy, and hasn't done the house work which is why it was so bad while expecting bil to run round after her and there littleone coz she was pregnant and apparently that means you loose ability to do anything, not sure how that works since i was sat on her kitchen floor emptying corners and cupboards of rubbish but hey ho, everyone can see bil deserves to keep the kids so needs must.

i'm 25 weeks now!, and feeling a bit safer i hurt less moving around and i feel i can do a little more without getting too tired, bean is jumping around lots now and makes my belly twitch which is fun to see.

I got 3 black bags full of baby clothes from ebay the on saturday all exciting to see lots of blue :), gave some to the sil who is ttc that were to chav for me but she loves them. I worked out i think i got 169 items, that i kept that is (tiny baby, newborn, 0-3 and 3-6 mix) for £22 so absolute bargin.

hoping to get the little room sorted this week but need to rest for a few days and oh is knackered as well, so not making him do stuff when he gets in from work, we have time ( although less time than planned as we have a house inspection next monday, which seems pointless since we start decorating the following week but oh well its only once ever 6 months)

dexters mum i believe 27 weeks counts as 3rd trimester congrats :).

how is everyone else doing? have any of you started buying yet?

ooo i forgot to mention i found a cure to my itching, coconut oil :) sooths and stops me scratching.

be careful you are not overdoing things Sweet and make sure you find time to look after yourself. I know you want ot help you family but it sounds like you have over done things hun. glad you got a cure for your itching :thumbup:

We have got a wardrobe and cupboard drawers full of girls baby clothes some we have bought and some that my mum has collected from the charity shop she works at which is all lovely stuff and has saved us a fortune and I don't mind baby wearing second hand clothes for all the time she will be in them. I think we have enough vests for every day of the first month of her life and they all look brand new.

We are also adding more decorations to her bedroom. We kept Dexters blue colour as the base and have added more colours to make it more girly so it is coming along nicely.

We also have a load of nappies, baby wipes, creams and other baby toiletries and a bouncer :happydance:

I am not looking for a pram or car seat until we are passed 30 weeks.

My sister and brother have also bought us baby video monitors :thumbup:

so I don't think we have much more to buy.

I have 76 days to go until the planned c-section date and am using this as a count down now :winkwink: as it is less than what my counter says as will be doing it at 38 weeks

I'm feeling better today altho still tired. Social were very happy with the work we did and sil and baby are allowed to go to her mums pending enviromental health coming to kick the landlord up the ass re rotten windows and leaky roof which isn't something we can control.

Had a bad bout of braxton hicks/ false labour last night for an hour, painful but irregular, and tailed off after the hour so luckly didn't end up going to hospital. I was monitoring and timing tho, so confused as to when i am ment to ring at the min, consultants say any tightening but it seems pointless to ring for braxton hicks, so working on basis of unless they have a pattern there is no reasn to go in. beans fine and bouncy so not overly worried.

dextersmum you are very organised, we need some draws altho they are coming after we decorate and we still need nappies and things, plan on getting them when i hit 28 weeks, pram will be around 30 weeks as we are waiting on money.

I have 83 days til stitch removal which is when everything needs to be ready for incase it starts labour, but working on mini goals at the min next being 28 weeks :)

sweet we had a lot of things such as nappies, creams, wipes etc when we were pregnant with Dexter so haven't had to go out and buy it all this time just added a few bits to it and some of it have been freebies with different pregnancy groups eg bounty, emmas diary.

I have had a few tightenings but nothing that lasts too long or repeats itself regularly just keep an eye on them and phone triage even if just to ask them if you should go in and to talk about what is happening

hi ladies just wanted to post an update. We had a scan today and everything was great. Lexi has grown she is now just below the normal average range for her weight and on track for all her other measurements. Blood flow to the placenta is as it should be and there is no sign of any other bleeding so fingers crossed we are back on track. We have also booked the c-section for monday 3rd June so 10 weeks on monday :happydance:

thats great news dextersmum :), my stitch comes out a week after your section and then the wait begins..

As for me no more pains other than ligaments, craving steak again so my iron must have dropped abit and i popped some more this week getting big now, turning over in bed is a mission feel like a turtle on its back sometimes lol. will post bump pics 2moz or later when i am dressed in clothes that don't hiddiously clash lol.

Also managed to capture bean kicking on video today :) serious belly waves now hes getting strong and hes getting higher now which is good altho he is laid with his feet near my ribs now i think but beats them down low i guess.

We are planning on setting up the cot this week ( need to make sure we have all the screws when we find them i put them some where 'safe' :shrug:) our friend just had her little boy hes tiny bless shes was only 29 weeks but hes doing well and a great weight at 2lb 13,

I was reading an article about cravings sweet and it said that it didn't mean a dificiency if you craved something so maybe you just want steak lol

That was a good weight for your friends baby I hope everything is ok with them.

I am definitely bigger this pregnancy and Anthony says my bump has grown. I went for a walk with the dog today and felt like I was waddling. I will try and take a photo and post it too

Glad Lexi is doing well, Dextersmum. We went to the MFM again today. I went to the OB yesterday. Tuesday night I had what felt like the same pressure I had during labor when I tried for a BM, so I stopped pushing. I was afraid the babies were going to come out. I told the OB, but she wasn't concerned at all. I told the MFM as she told me she wants to know about an pelvic pressure, contractions, etc. She decided they needed a TV U/S to make sure my cervix was okay, even though it looked fine on the abdominal one. They found it looked even better than on the abdominal and was 4.5 cm, so nice and long with no funneling. Next week she won't be in, so we'll have to see her partner. I think she has different techs, so it will be someone new. We like to get the one older tech as she takes lots of pictures. ;) The boys had good fluid levels, but they didn't do the measurements for growth this week.

dextersmum i read that cravings aren't always due to difficiency but i only seem to crave steak when i also start to get tired and i also get cravings for cabbage (also high iron) i am prone to being iron difficent as i have small red blood cells so it's likly the craving matches midwife seems to think so too as my iron levels have remained exactly the same with no dips on the to tests i've had and she asked what my secret was lol. I have other random cravings that are totally unrelated to vitamins eg i craved pickle the other day which was just random.

Hey, sorry haven't posted in a while. Been going through a bit of a rough time. Me and the oh have been having some problems, I found out he's been meeting up with his ex wife, texting/talking all the time and buying her things. We're on the verge of breaking up, I just need to find somewhere to go. I'm quite worried as they think all the stress during my last pregnancy linked to the iugr. Oddly enough, it was for the same reasons, he was meeting his ex wife behind my back. He hasn't even apologised and at the moment we're sleeping in seperate rooms. Baby has been fairly quiet, so I really hope everything's ok. Why are things never simple and easy :( x

Awwww Lexi! I am so sorry hun! Try to get somewhere safe and relax for you and that precious bundle! Thinking of you!

Oh Lexi i can't believe you are having to go through all this again!! You poor thing. I agree with Kristen, you need to get somewhere stress free and relax. You need to put yourself and your little one first. Big hugs lovely.:hugs:

:wave: Hi ladies.
Haven't posted much lately but been reading! Tracy and Amjon i'm glad all seems well with your bubbies.
Nothing new going on with me i'm pleased to say. :smug: Baby still cooking and still nameless. :haha:
Bump seems to have gone into growth overdrive this past week and is now right up pushing into my ribs and sticking out further than i remember being with any of the boys (or Emily). :shock: Nick keeps telling me i'm huge!
I can't believe i'm 30 weeks on Tuesday! I really didn't think i'd even get this far but now am thinking maybe, just maybe, i'll get my first planned section rather than emergency! Fingers crossed.....

How is everyone today? Any plans for this lovely :)haha:) 'spring' weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->