Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Hey Lexi - Lovely to hear from you. I've been thinking of you, is everything better with your oh? What you said about grief is so true. It doesnt get easier we just have to find a way of living with it.:hugs:

Welcome Emma:flower: We have a nice little gang here!

Amjon - How are you doing?

Tracy - So pleased to hear Lexi has been kicking away, can she have a word with my bump?

AFM, I'll be 27ws on Wens. C section booked for 29ws if bump hasnt come before that. So, so close now, just got to hang on a little longer....

:kiss:
We're doing good. I had quite a bit of energy today and did a bunch of running around, then I sorted through most of our baby stuff and packed up the girl stuff again. :( I know I'll pay tomorrow. I have an appointment with the hematologist tomorrow and some bloodwork there. He may up my Lovenox dose. We had the carpet put in the nursery this morning and now I've got most of the boy stuff separated by size and ready to put away in the closet. It's kind of exciting having a nursery that is so closed to finished this time. With Taylor we never got to even paint and now we have new carpet, walls done, etc. This weekend I'm going to make DH help me put together the crib and changing table. I was dying to get it done today, but he's been so busy doing work projects all day. (I did get him to bring me some of the crates to sort though by doing a few myself. He hates to see me do anything like that.)

Amjon how is your blood sugar? I had my GTT test at end of March and haven't heard from the hospital which means I haven't got GD which is a good job as I have eaten enough birthday cake for 4 people today it was so nice I kept getting more lol

It's been okay, not great though. My fastings are creeping up again, so I'm sure they'll adjust my night time insulin again. They've had to adjust it the last two weeks already.
I hope your arm starts feeling better. It's such a pain being pregnant and uncomfortable. DH is still hoping for twin girls next time and I keep telling him he better carry them then because twins is much too exhausting. I feel like I'm at the end and I still have another 10 weeks to hold them in.

hey guys i'm very very tired hardly slept but wanted to let you all know baby Zachary Anthony Keith was born in the early hours of this morning weighing 1160g around 2.5lb, i'm home now when i rang earlier he was doing well on cpap, had come off the meds stabalising his blood pressure and had had some breast milk, so hes doing well. will update when i've had some sleep x

hey guys i'm very very tired hardly slept but wanted to let you all know baby Zachary Anthony Keith was born in the early hours of this morning weighing 1160g around 2.5lb, i'm home now when i rang earlier he was doing well on cpap, had come off the meds stabalising his blood pressure and had had some breast milk, so hes doing well. will update when i've had some sleep x

Congrats!

Wow Sweet, congratulations! Lovely name. Hope your little boy is continuing to do well. Big hugs. :hugs:

Update on Zac hes doing well on cpap its set low and hes on it so he doesn't get to tired, blood pressures stable, hes now having feeds hourly of breast milk, we learnt how to do his nappy today, hes under the lights for juandice but they reckon he might be off them by tomorrow so all in hes doing well hes our little fighter :)

photo of zac, hes around 2-3hours old here still with vent in.

Attachments

• 543732_10152721048310648_646884224_n.jpg
    543732_10152721048310648_646884224_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
Oh sweet!!!! Congratulations, zac is gorgeous! ! And doing so well!!!

How are you doing? Must be a big shock.

xxx

Just thought I'd say hi. We lost our daughter last year after a cord prolapse leading to irreparable brain damage. Just found out our rainbow is due in December.

Wow! Congrats on your little boy Sweet! What a little sweetheart! Glad that he is doing well! Can't wait to see more pics!

Congratulations sweet!! So pleased to hear he's doing well. Look forward to more photos and updates xx

Zac Update, they had to turn his cpap up a bit coz he keeps opening is mouth and letting all the air out lol but its fine hes doing well on it.... We had him off cpap for 15 minutes breathing on his own which is ace and so good to see, We got skin to skin cuddles today felt so good to hold him :), we got his weight wrong at birth :O, he actually weighed 2.8lb silly calculator can't convert right, hes now on 1.5ml of milk an hour, blood pressure ect still stable so all in very happy with his progress.

as for me i'm fine up and about as normal now just get tired easier but getting better with time :) will post more pics when i get chance

Oh wow sweet a lot has happened since I was last on the forum but I am so glad to hear that Zachary is doing well and it is great you got skin to skin if I was you I would ask if you could have that every day as it is great for Zachary and great for your milk flow. I used to wear a muslin down my top touching my skin and have another one close to dexter in the incubator and then swap them over so I could smell him and he could smell me. I hope everything continues to go well keep us posted.

hey guys had a minor set back with his feeding he got bile in his tube so we had to start from the begining again and hes back on phototherapy but hes doing well still and his breathing is still good just on air on cpap but he tolerates being off it for short periods really well heres a pic of him off machines

Attachments

• 15065_10152731357760648_899415648_n.jpg
    15065_10152731357760648_899415648_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
How is everybody else doing?

I am 31 weeks today and feeling pretty good glad I am now in my 30's. I have 5 more weeks of working and 7 weeks until my section and lexi's arrival. I have a couple of busy weeks working so that should make the time place quickly and I have a 32 week scan next week.

Welcome to our group Jaydee how are you feeling?

Sweet Zac looks gorgeous x

Hi ladies it been pretty quiet on here the last couple of days how is everybody doing? I have been really busy working every day this week which is really unusual for me as I am self employed but I am not complaining as it means more money in the bank and has made the week go quickly I am just trying to get everything done with a particular client so I can take a couple of weeks off before 3rd July and then 4 months or so afterwards but without losing the client as it is good money and local. When is everybody else starting their maternity leave?

Aww what a little cutie, hope he continues to get stronger.

Dextersmum, I'm feeling ok thanks. Well actually I'm feeling sick but won't complain about that given it's due to being pregnant. I'm also really busy with work, would quite like to say "give me a break I'm pregnant and I feel rubbish" but not ready to share that info yet so will just get on with it for now. Don't think they'll be over impressed with the news given I only came back a few months ago after having, and losing, our daughter but tough luck I guess...

jaydee it is hard isn't it when you are feeling sick but you haven't told people you were pregnant. I was pretty nauseas upto about 18-20 weeks and was even trying to hide it from members of my family but had to have a carrier bag with me at all times just in case I was sick but ended up doing a lot of dry wretching lol.

When will you tell work you are pregnant? When is your first scan?

Nicola how are you? you haven't been on for a while so I hope everything is ok x

Hi Tracy :wave:
I'm ok thanks. Was back in hospital last week for a few days but all fine again now. Contractions and slight bleed again but not dilating. I was admitted at 32+2 which is the gestation Edward was born at so was especially difficult and scary. Thankfully all is calm again now though. I have consultant next Thursday and think i'll be getting my section date then. They are saying around 37 weeks now as they don't want to risk me going into active labour because the notes they got from my section with Emily say my uterus lining is very thin and has 'windows' where its thin so there is the risk of rupture with strong contractions.
Feeling fine for now though and am 33+3 today so getting there slowly!

I saw on 3rd tri thread that Lexi has been admitted to hospital with high blood pressure, protein and is contracting. Hope she is ok.
Thinking of you Lexi!!:hugs:

How are you Tracy? When is your next scan? My 32 week scan said baby is around 4lb! Hard to believe bubs is so big in there already!!

Sweet, hope all is going well with little Zac. :hugs:

JayDee i'm sorry gor your loss, what was your little girls name? It's been a bit quiet lately but this is a very supportive thread!!

How is everyone else? Spring & Amjon how are you getting on?

Hi Nicola sorry to hear you we're in hospital but glad things have calmed down again now. I swear these things happen when you are already nervous due to a milestone from your previous loses. What weight was Edward when he was born?
My next scan is 25th April and I am interested to see what baby's est weight is. I feel like she has grown and I have got a proper pregnancy bump now that I love stroking lol
Have you decided on a name yet?

Sorry to hear about lexi hope she is ok

Spring only 3 sleeps left until your planned section. I will be stalking for an update or if you want to text me with your news to share with the other ladies just let me know

Sweet how are you and Zachary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->