Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

thanks dextersmum and nicola - im feeling better today :) Ive had high bp last week and at the weekend so my consultant is seeing me on thursday. Im wondering if its something to do with anxiety so im interested to see what he says. Its not high enough for medication but i had high BP when i lost jacob so i want it checking out. Im also thinking about having some counselling during this pregnancy. Theres a place near me who can offer counselling for women going through anxiety when pregnant so thought id give it a go.

nicola glad you're impressed with your dopper, which one did you get? i got the sonoline and i love it. My OH doesnt like me using it but its just an extra reasurance isnt it :)

I got the sonoline b one too. Yes, extra reassurance and a lovely sound!:thumbup:
Thats good that they offer a service like that near you - we don't have anything like it near us, i'd definitely give it a try. What harm can it do?:flower:

hi ladies. can i please join your thread??

I lost my daughter Sophia at 23 weeks in February 2012 from incompetent cervix. I am now 26 weeks pregnant with a little man. I have a cervical cerclage in (placed at 12 weeks) and i have been on bed rest since September 27th becuase my cervix shortened. I am a single mama to be, me and my fiancee split when i was 16 weeks pregnant. Its been a rough few months and I am constantly worried about pre term labor. Sometimes in other threads im in i feel if i share my worry it will make other ladies upset and worried about there own pregnancies and i would never want that!

Of course you can join!
Sorry for the loss of your baby Sophia but congratulations on your rainbow.:hugs:
Poor you! Bed rest is hard work isn't it!? The days seem so long. Are you in hospital or at home?

thank you hun! i am sorry for your loss as well and so happy you are expecting your rainbow!

yes bed rest is hard but thankfully its not as strict as it was since I have past the gestation i was when i lost Sophia. at first I was only out of bed to go to the bathroom! I live with my mom and moved in with her after my ex and I split up. So I felt bad she had to do everything for me. She would have to make breakfast and lunch in the mornings before work and put it in a cooler next to my bed! I also feel guilty because she is supporting me basically financially. It worked out pretty bad, I got laid off, found a new job at 17 weeks pregnant,and 3 weeks later had to quit so didnt qualify for disablity or anything. Now thankfully since I am past 23 weeks (phew) I can make myself food, sit up in my recliner, even go out to dinner or the movies. If my cervix looks good in 2 weeks at my 28 week scan I may even be able to shop for the baby! lol. i have been very hesitant to buy things. FOB has boughten a lot and it always makes me feel weird, like i am getting ahead of myself.. :nope: do you think its normal to feel that way about purchasing baby items?

I'm so grateful for this thread! We recently lost our twin girls Grace and Paige at 22wks due to Chorioamniotitis. I've had 1st trimester m/c's and one at 16 weeks, but to get past 20wks and loose our perfectly healthy girls was something else entirely. It's not even something I can put into words. However, having our 2 boys gives us living proof and experience of what we have to gain, not just what we've lost, so we're trying again. We thought about waiting, but that's just not what's right for us. I'm nervous, but hopeful. Praying for a BFP sooner rather than later!

Congrats to everyone!

oh hun im so sorry for your loss. i also felt like once i passed 12 weeks everything was fine and i was in complete shock when I lost Sophia. I also decided to ttc straight away. I started in April after first AF and got my bfp in May! good luck <3

Tatormum we'll keep everything crossed that you get your bfp and join us here very soon!
Ich i felt a lot like that last time, i didn't feel i could buy things 'just in case' :cry:
If it makes you feel happier to wait to buy things then do. This time is hard enough, we need to do what we can to get through it!!:flower:

I've been feeling a bit calmer lately. I don't know if it's the doppler reassuring me or what but not feeling that constant dread that i had been. I'm sure it'll appear again at some point but for today i'm feeling positive. :thumbup:
How is everyone today?
Kristin how are you? Haven't heard from you for a while! Any twinges??

hi ladies. can i please join your thread??

I lost my daughter Sophia at 23 weeks in February 2012 from incompetent cervix. I am now 26 weeks pregnant with a little man. I have a cervical cerclage in (placed at 12 weeks) and i have been on bed rest since September 27th becuase my cervix shortened. I am a single mama to be, me and my fiancee split when i was 16 weeks pregnant. Its been a rough few months and I am constantly worried about pre term labor. Sometimes in other threads im in i feel if i share my worry it will make other ladies upset and worried about there own pregnancies and i would never want that!

:happydance: So glad youve found this thread :hugs:

TatorMom welcome to the thread, im so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girls. i hope you get your BFP very soon :hugs:

I have felt better after passing 23 weeks when I went into labor last time. I do have some things but I am hesitant to decorate and stuff. Maybe I'll wait till I get my stitch out at 36 weeks lol. Glad u are feeling well today!

Edward died of sids so i dont think i ever really had a time i felt 'safe' or 'ok' when i was pregnant with Emily. For some reason i never got anything set up at home or bought much - i kind of always had the feeling i wouldn't be bringing her home. That sounds awful but i did.I thought it was paranoia after losing Edward but now i wonder was it instinct? I feel different this time so am hoping that means this is a rainbow i get to keep!
Emily was born at 25 weeks but dont think i'll be relaxing any time before 35 weeks!!

oh hun im so sorry. i am going to read the stories of your angels after i post. i cant imagine what you have been through and i truly hope this is your forever rainbow baby. i think it could have been instinct. I know our situations are different but i never saw myself taking Sophia home either. I was always waiting for something to go wrong always checking for blood its lke i knew i would lose her.. im so sorry for your losses, and to have them back to back like that is just unimaginable . you sound like such a strong women. :hugs:

hello ladies and welcome to the new ladies

I feel like I have been MIA but for some reason I am not getting emails saying anything has been added to the thread??

Well I am 8 weeks pregnant today and am feeling ok. I still have my sickness and it is now like motion sickness so it comes on any time usually when I move or bend down or just even go up the stairs to the loo lol.

I have a scan on thursday to check on progress and my community midwife has set up for me to meet a new consultant to see if he will take over my care instead of staying with the lady that I don't like. I was debating moving as I didn't want to upset any one but then I thought hold on a minute she upsets me every time I see her and I don't feel comfortable in her presence and this is going to be a long road so I won't to see what the other consultant is like and if he agrees to look after me. I am full of bruises due to the daily injections but it is a small price to pay

I am not sure if I will get a doppler because I would be paranoid. Are they easy to use and do they pick up the heartbeat easily? at what stage did you start using yours Nicola? What did you buy it from?

Kristin how are you????

Amjon how are you getting on with your injections? have you done it yourself yet?

hello ladies and welcome to the new ladies

I feel like I have been MIA but for some reason I am not getting emails saying anything has been added to the thread??

Well I am 8 weeks pregnant today and am feeling ok. I still have my sickness and it is now like motion sickness so it comes on any time usually when I move or bend down or just even go up the stairs to the loo lol.

I have a scan on thursday to check on progress and my community midwife has set up for me to meet a new consultant to see if he will take over my care instead of staying with the lady that I don't like. I was debating moving as I didn't want to upset any one but then I thought hold on a minute she upsets me every time I see her and I don't feel comfortable in her presence and this is going to be a long road so I won't to see what the other consultant is like and if he agrees to look after me. I am full of bruises due to the daily injections but it is a small price to pay

I am not sure if I will get a doppler because I would be paranoid. Are they easy to use and do they pick up the heartbeat easily? at what stage did you start using yours Nicola? What did you buy it from?

Kristin how are you????

Amjon how are you getting on with your injections? have you done it yourself yet?

I still have to get someone else to do them. I seem to be bleeding and bruising more with them now. I go to a new OB tomorrow then the hematologist on Thursday.

Hi all thought i would introduce myself i am Debbie and i have one angel baby called nathaniel that i lost at 23 weeks, unsure of reasons why was promised extra scans ect this time round but am yet to see any of that.

I am currently 7wk 4days and have so far had 3 early pregnancy scans due to bleeding bean is fine and has a heart beat :) these were arrange by me calling EPAU and not by my consultant.

I have my 12 week scan on the 18th December and hoping that i will get to see a consultant sometime soon as they are ment to be monitoring me for an incompitant cervix.

what are your appointments for amjon? when will you have a scan?

I don't trust the one doctor at the practice I was going to and am afraid if I ever had an emergency again and he was on call. He nearly killed our baby already. If GNC didn't have OTC progesterone cream I think he would have. (He told me progesterone doesn't matter before 4 weeks. The baby isn't attached to anything and is just floating around in there. This is AFTER I told him I had a BFP two days before and my temp was now dropping and to the point it usually is the day before AF. Plus, he told me before my BFP was from LH on a PREGNANCY test.) I'm going to a new one and I'll see how I like them. I just want to make sure I'm getting the correct dosage of the blood thinners and the hematologist in town has an anti-coagulant clinic, so I thought I would go and have them monitor me during pregnancy. I don't have a scan scheduled yet, but may let them do one in a couple of weeks. I know I'll do the 12 week for sure.

Hi all thought i would introduce myself i am Debbie and i have one angel baby called nathaniel that i lost at 23 weeks, unsure of reasons why was promised extra scans ect this time round but am yet to see any of that.

I am currently 7wk 4days and have so far had 3 early pregnancy scans due to bleeding bean is fine and has a heart beat :) these were arrange by me calling EPAU and not by my consultant.

I have my 12 week scan on the 18th December and hoping that i will get to see a consultant sometime soon as they are ment to be monitoring me for an incompitant cervix.

They told me I'd have extra scans, but they would start around 24 weeks, so they are probably thinking of later ones for you too.

are you ladies on progesterone supplements? i had low progesterone in the beginning, it was 8. I was sure I would Mc.. i was immediately put on vaginal suppositories and am convinced i would have MC if they did not give them to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->