• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random Small Questions Thread?

Ellie, the bleeding immediately after birth is pretty bad but for me it calmed down to normal AF heaviness after 2-3 weeks, I think it depends on the person mind, most people I've spoken to have said similar to me, but 1 had it pretty bad, won't go into it, don't want to scare anyone, just saying it's dependant on the person. Also I believe BFing makes a difference, I BF my 2 for the first weeks so that may have helped

well im hoping to bf, my nana and mum didnt so maybe that made theirs worse? :shrug: how long do you bleed for all in all then?

well we dont have that, we have paracetemol but theyre not strong at all, i much prefer to take ibroprofens. They cause reyes syndrome which causes miscarriage, so best avoided! lol

my question is how long do you bleed after labour? and how heavy is it? my mum and nana are making out its like a horror scene and have made me keep the plastic on the new matress until i stop bleeding, is it that bad?!

OH MY GOD. Don't even ask me how much I bled right after labour. Just after in the hospital shower - it was like a murder scene.

BLOOD. SMEARED ACCROSS THE WALLS, IN THE SINK. IN THE SHOWER. ALL OVER THE FLOOR. ALL OVER THE TOILET.

My god I'm suprised I didn't die :rofl: I've never seen so much blood in my life!

If I didn't wear a pad it literally just poured out of me :haha: after about 2/3 days it calmed down to just like heavy period type flow and after 2 weeks it was just browny discharge then now 4 weeks later I just spot now and again along with normal discharge - but I still wear tesco maternity pads cause they're comfy :rofl: like a mini cushion!!!!!! x

so baths will be out of the window for a while i take it? :rofl: thats horrible... Oh dear :dohh: maybe it was a good idea to keep the plastic on!! xx

and another thing im curious about, the things we've had to cut out because of pregnancy, i.e certain (legal may i add :rofl:) drugs and foods, do we have to stay away when bfing as well?x

Aww Ellie don't eorry, I had 2 baths a day (with lavender oil) for the first week, it helps things heal, and it wasb't that bad, it's just the first day or 2 that's really bad, the bath after they are first born is red, YUK!
But total proper bleeding for me was like 2 weeks then spotting for a week i think

Yea unless you wanna be swimming in your own blood :rofl:

Hmmm I don't think food is the issue its more drugs etc etc, you can still take para's and ibru's but very moderatly!

Theres no way I could have breastfed cause I was smacked out my face on codine and double strength ibrupofen for 3 weeks :rofl: x

oh no! :| so when im really in agony afterwards ill have to deal with it on paracetemol alone??! Paras are a bag of shit! lol.
Oh no i dont want a blood bath but i do want to heal... Arghh lol. The things we do for these babies and they wont be grateful? :rofl: xxx

if your breast feeding avoid spicy food and onions though :) onions cause it changes the taste and spicy cause it wont just be you with the runs.....
and on the bleeding bit im still bleeding after 19 days but a panty liner covers it now so no more bricks inmy pants :D everyones different i dont think i was as bad as love bunny as i could have baths and just have a pinky tint to the water after i was done...

oo i think i will be showering then lol. Im not great with blood and to be swimming in it does not sound nice at all lol

My baths really weren't that bad apart from the first one straight after birth, I don't have a shower so had absolutely no choice, but lavender baths really do help with healing down below!

I probably would have stuck to showers has I have had the choice, but no such luck, but yeah only paracetemol for BFing, hopefully you will recover quickly, I only had paracetemol in hospital and was fine, apart from the contractions when BF, oh it hurt so bad, but that was with her being my second!

it does make you grateful for your own mum bc you know the bloody hell she went through to put you on this planet! &my mums birth was hideous with me, horrible, and i never was deserving :rofl: I doubt with Ordi being a boy hes ever gonna understand tho altho im hoping hes gonna be a little suck uup ;)

like he's dropped hehe. Im walkin like john wayne which says it all, i just want him bloody outtttt!! How about you?x

aww bless ya. Im hoping that LO is engaging.. Ive been feeling different and it sort of looks like my belly is lower down but that could just be him playing tricks on me haha.
Hopefully MW will be able to tell me that he is starting to engage :D but who knows.
I bet your so excited :) im so impatient lol

your mw can tell if your baby is engaging or
engaged :thumbup: hurts like hell when she
does it though!

xx​

your infront of me a few days brandonsgirl! :)
Ooh do they go up you? She had a feel of my bump at last app when i was 34 weeks and said he wasnt yet but now my tummys dropping xx

mine never did an internal
although yours might but she
did it by pressing her fingers into
the base of my belly and feeling
the babies head, she needed to dig
her fingers in though which is why
it hurt :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics