random topic!!.... static electric shocks

nanomey

Reaction score
hi guys,
completely random topic here lol
i have been getting alot of static electric shocks on random things recently - and even my other halfs noticed and at firsr thought its hilarious... (''electro woman'') anyhow it was on things like - light switches, the kids (!), door handles and not even electric things - the buggy etc ... but in the past 48 hours its attually got really bad and today only ive had 4 bad shocks (leaving my hand throbbing for at least 10min at a time!) i even kissed my OH earlier and a blue spark jumped between our noises... i got a bad shock on the draining board earlier and also i picked up my laptop - got a shock and the screen went blank!! i had to remove the battery to restart it....
getting freaked out :wacko:
anyone get bad static shocks or do you think i should see the doctor!!

Yes me too hun~! Its really annoying me now! This has been going on for a few weeks with me now! Everytime I touch, the car door, the laptop, the sink and my kids (everything really) I give them a shock!
I have no idea what causes it though so will be watching this thread closely!

I HATE static shocks. I usually get them if i change my shampoo and conditioner (Random!) and the type of shoes i wear affects them too!

I get them a lot too :dohh:

Arh I get these a lot too! Shopping trolleys are a bugger for it!

Have you changed shampoo or worn any wool clothing lately? Both of those things make the shocks worse for me.

hi :)

thanks for the replies,
i havent changed my shampoo/conditioner (always get the same ones!) but i do have a few long wool jumper type types i often wear... never thought of things like that, might have to ajust a few things and see if it makes a difference!!...

i just asked my mum what she thought (she knows about the shocks but had'nt yet told her about the bad one that made my computer crash that freaked me right out last night!!) the only idea she had was to wear my wellies in the house to ''ground'' me!! LMAO

if you drag your feet on the carpet that can cause them sometimes certain shoes cause it too do u have any new shoes that you have been wearing?? i get them for no reason from the car my mum gave my LO a static shock the toehr day cuz of her new slippers i told her she was bad granny for electricuting her grandaughter was so funny x

I'm always getting them in shops from rails, elevators and escalators!!
Dead annoying, but I never knew shampoo and stuff had anything to do with it! :wacko:

I get them all the time,The worst ones i get are off shopping trolleys...Sooooo many times ive been shopping and ive grabbed my trolley by the metal bit and been given a horrible shock so much so ive ended up swearing profusely at the trolley while people just look on with fear

Im not even kidding right now, my car door shocks me EVERY SINGLE time I touch it. I have a genuine fear of closing my door anymore!! Hahah. How pathetic of me.

i actually havent gotten shocked in a long time. last time was about 4 months ago when i touched the tv. but thats also something electronic.

Im not even kidding right now, my car door shocks me EVERY SINGLE time I touch it. I have a genuine fear of closing my door anymore!! Hahah. How pathetic of me.
Exactly what happens to me but we have cloth seats. doesn't usually happen with leather ones ;) also, most clothes nowadays are "plastic" makes it worse! so are shoes... i too swear when it happens and people look at me but it HURTS!

if you get a humidifier and run it the shocks will stop...

I thought it was just me! :haha: I was in M&S the other day and used the self-serve tills. I got a massive shock that hurt and I shouted out. A couple of workers came running over thinking I really hurt myself :rofl: Wuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->