Rant about weight gain!!!

Laws2008

Reaction score
Apologies in advance for the rant, but I'm so fed up, I feel like screaming!!!!

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and my best friend's sister in law is 33 weeks pregnant. We were both size 8's before pregnancy and saw each other quite a lot before we got pregnant.

We hadn't seen each other yet while we'd been properly pregnant (i.e. showing) but I know she's been drinking alcohol, smoking and on a diet throughout her pregnancy (none of which of these I have done).

I was so frustrated because we saw each other last night and she's put 6lb on during her pregnancy and her bump is tiny (she's been sent for a growth scan and the baby's smaller than it should be). I, on the other hand, have put 2 stone on and my baby's a normal size and weight.

She made a comment about being glad she hadn't put as much weight as me on while I was with her, but I just let it go over my head. Then, when I got home, she'd posted a picture of her baby bump on facebook with the title 'so glad I care about my baby and haven't eaten crap my whole pregnancy like some people I know'. It made me so angry! I admit I haven't eaten the healthiest I could have done, but this was mainly down to severe morning sickness in my first and second trimester and only being able to keep pizza down (strange I know). I did try eating fruit and vegetables but they just came straight back up.

The problem is, it's my best friend's birthday on Saturday and I'm supposed to be going to her party, but really don't think I can be in the same room as that stupid woman. She's really irritated me and made me feel useless!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

This says far more about her and her priorities than it does about you my dear. 2 stone is perfectly normal but then each woman is going to experience pregnancy differently in all that it brings. So you ate pizza? Be safe in the knowledge you are healthy normal and your baby is too. If you fancy going to the Party, damn well go and make sure you take a 12" pepperoni :)

Thanks! She just really frustrates me with her whole 'I'm better than you attitude'! I might actually take 2 pizzas!!!

That is awful - I know it is sooo hard but you have to ignore the bitch and think that you are doing much better by your baby - dieting, smoking & drinking and then being proud of your under-sized bump is truely sickening. Ok your diet may not be text book perfect (whose is!) but your weight gain is NORMAL and your baby will be much healthier because of it. If I were you I would be proud to show off my healthy bump at the party and rise above it.

Good luck

Kx

2 stone from a size 8 to now is really good I think! You have a normal sized baby and are providing a lovely snug home for her.

Your 'friend' on the other hand clearly has her priorities wrong and isn't worth worrying yourself about her flippant, uninformed, unreasonable comments.

Well done you, sounds like your doing a good job there xx

Think of it this way, shes the one whos got a small baby and needs extra care as she hasnt eaten properly and maybe her smoking and drinking has played a part in that to..

Your the one with the perfectly healthy sized baby... and youve ate some pizza, so what.. its obv not harmed your baby as you dont need the extra care

Chin up hun .... Oh and tell her to do 1! ;)

Thanks everyone :) I needed cheering up! I felt like I was right but doubted whether I was just being selfish!

aww bless you ! you are the better mtb if it comes down to it, eating properly whilst pregnant ensures your baby grows healthy, eating not so much like your erm...friend is not going to give her baby the best start, jeeze you must get her to read this thread after all us ladies have put our comments down then we'll see how gobby she is then! i'm soo very sorry that she said such horrid things about you, you must be soo upset!!

Oh Hun ignore her.

The reason she has a small bump is prob down to the smoking and drinking and diet. I bet she hasn't mentioned those things to her dr/mw etc when going to appts

Just think about your baby and how well your cooking it. Coz you clearly are.

As for the fb comments she's obv not your friend if she needs to make comments on there rather than to your face.

Plus everyone's pregnancies are diff I'm sure the weight will fall off you once bubbas here.

Enjoy your bump time it's soon over

:hugs:

Maybe childish but I would have posted

"Soooo glad I care enough about my baby to eat properly and not smoke so that he/she has not been stunted unlike some people I know(and then tag her in it)"

x

"Soooo glad I care enough about my baby to eat properly and not smoke so that he/she has not been stunted unlike some people I know(and then tag her in it)"

x

oh yes....go on hun...she deserves it!!!

She sounds like a right cow and clearly she hasn't been looking after her baby very well if she's been dieting, drinking and smoking throughout her pregnancy. Maybe that is why her baby isn't growing properly, whereas yours is! You are supposed to put on weight during pregnancy! I have put on two and a half stone and was a size 8-10 pre-pregnancy but apparently this is pretty normal. Only putting on six pounds by 33 weeks actually sounds really bad if she was small to begin with.

i must say that ive not put much weight on, only pounds not stone but my mw's happy with how babys growing, i dont understand it tho as i eat like a horse!!

In first four month changing hormones in the body can feel you tired and nervous also you can see the difference in the your body .But exercise can be helpful for you, and Pilates exercise can be done on the bed itself. Often little exercise can be actually felt mentally and physically better, relaxation technique will relax both body and mind. This will help in child birth.

I cant believe that tbh.. I can't believe she's got the cheek to say that on facebook! She can't care about her bump that much if she's been smoking, drinking AND dieting! To put her unborn baby at risk by doing that!
Don't you worry about not exactly eating healthy.. Least your getting food to your baby.. (I was the same with eating pizza lol) .. Look at it like this.. Would you rather eat food you can keep down to feed your baby? Or smoke/drink/diet and know its harming your baby with risk of low birth weight ect? I know which I'd choose ... Eat whatever I can keep down!

Don't worry about the weight gain, 2 stone is totally normal.. And you'll loose it after, least you've got a healthy baby. Whereas she will have a low birth weight baby with risk of all the complications (might sound nasty.. but she's only got herself to blame!)

I know it might sound immature.. But I would have commented on the picture and put "and who exactly is this that doesn't care about baby and eating healthy" see what she would have to say!

:hugs: ignore her! xx

This post made me mad! You are the healthy one Hun, because you are suppose to put on weight when you are pregnant. As one of the ladies said, you have already given your baby a healthy start in life, while that cow is certainly only thinking about herself. Smoking and drinking in pregnancy? Blimey! No wonder her baby is tiny. I only hope for the LO's sake that there are no further health issues caused by her careless lifestyle.
You should be proud of yourself, your weight and your bump.

x

I would have out something like this too...
"Look at my lovely healthy bump growing so well, I'm glad I haven't put my baby at risk with smoking, dieting or drinking during my pregnancy!"

Sorry you have to deal with such a biatch! I would do one of two things:

1) Pretend you haven't seen her stupid Facebook comment, as what she obviously wants is for you to have seen it. You can play dumb and enjoy watching her squirm as she tries to work out if you've seen it or not

2) Pretend you haven't seen her stupid Facebook comment and ask her a load of patronising questions at the party, like whether the smoking and drinking may have affected the baby's growth and her dieting (duh!) and how she feels about possibly risking her unborn child's wellbeing, all the while giving her advice on how you've managed to keep yours at a healthy weight, along with some tips on what she should be eating.

Obviously the second one is somewhat sinking to her level, but what the hell!

Oh my goodness thats terrible. Its not that she has eaten health throughout her pregnancy she has starved her self by the sound of it. Her baby must be so tiny if thats all she weighs :-/ and the smoking thing thats just stupidity i think even if she had put on a healthy chunk of weight and bubs was great then the whole smoking thing would cancell out the healthy eating. Silly girl.
you get your self dolled up hun have a great night i can gaurntee that all the funny looks of discust will be circulating around her for smoking a drinking whilst carrying as oppose to you who has a happy healthy baby and body
i have put on nearly 5 stone during pregs and i dont care at all i know my baby is healthy ill worry about the weight when shes born :) xx

Sorry you have to deal with such a biatch! I would do one of two things:

1) Pretend you haven't seen her stupid Facebook comment, as what she obviously wants is for you to have seen it. You can play dumb and enjoy watching her squirm as she tries to work out if you've seen it or not

2) Pretend you haven't seen her stupid Facebook comment and ask her a load of patronising questions at the party, like whether the smoking and drinking may have affected the baby's growth and her dieting (duh!) and how she feels about possibly risking her unborn child's wellbeing, all the while giving her advice on how you've managed to keep yours at a healthy weight, along with some tips on what she should be eating.

Obviously the second one is somewhat sinking to her level, but what the hell!

i like number 2 haha this would sure make her feel a million times worse than what she is trying to do to you hehe and its so true :-/ can i cum to the party as your plus one as id love to see her face if you did this lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->