Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

I'm in a pickle.

Philippe doesn't really wake out of hunger much (2-3 feeds) but rather gas pains. If I burp him, it takes a lot of work and he's wide awake after from the effort. If I don't, he squirms and whines a LOT.

What to do...

I'm in a pickle.

Philippe doesn't really wake out of hunger much (2-3 feeds) but rather gas pains. If I burp him, it takes a lot of work and he's wide awake after from the effort. If I don't, he squirms and whines a LOT.

What to do...

Poor kid. What if you fed him sitting up?

I'm in a pickle.

What to do...

I still do :( I have an overactive letdown/oversupply which has been greatly reduced by now but it's still worse than average.

He could whine for 30 minutes before a proper cry, but we only have 1 bedroom so he's right beside me and it's annoying LOL

I'm in a pickle.

What to do...

I still do :( I have an overactive letdown/oversupply which has been greatly reduced by now but it's still worse than average.

He could whine for 30 minutes before a proper cry, but we only have 1 bedroom so he's right beside me and it's annoying LOL

ugh so sorry! I think it may be something he has to grow out of. Can you try gas drops? Not sure how they work with breastfeeding.

On another note, aliss, I had a dream I met you in "real life" the other night! Philippe was with you too but he had loads of dark hair. And that's all I remember :haha:

Aliss we have nights like that. I had some braised cabbage last night and from 4am on it was restless whining. Thrashing around and pulling legs up :( I hear you on how annoying it is!

He used to get gassier with no burping but had stopped!? Not sure why, but I struggled with that too. I nurse lying down and never burp in the middle of the night and was considering starting but he got over it...

So yah I guess I have no advice at all, sorry. Lol.

The only thing I can think of is having him sleep elevated a bit? Hard with bedsharing though!

I'm in a pickle.

What to do...

Talk about a broken record as I just posted this somewhere else but for Quinn if I put him on his tummy he would bring up his own wind and then I could turn him back over (if I didn't fall asleep). It was either that or walking up and down the stairs with him over my shoulder. Could be worth a try :flower:

Can't believe how much progress there's been around here nowadays. Bananaz, I'm sorry that you've had a hiccup but hopefully it passes soon and she gets back to improving.

Quinn has been very good of late. We had a blip with the light mornings and early wakings but he seemed to get over that with a blackout blind. I really hope I'm not jinxing this but he does generally seem to sttn now which I truly didnt think would happen until he was 3. He did have to learn though, shhh patting,night weaning, dummy ditching etc etc lol

At the weekend, I was brave and he had a sleepover with his cousing so my sister could have a night out. It was amazing! I put his cousin down at 6.30 and then Quinn at 7.30 and they both went down without a peep until morning. Not bad for a 9 month old and a 14 month old :thumbup:

Just about to put lo to bed now he's chewing on his comforter is this as bad as a dummy?

MrsBean, the stars aligned for you when you were babysitting! I really want to offer to take Charlotte's daycare buddy for a week when her mom is on a business trip (her hubby is a surgeon and works crazy hours), but my husband thinks it's going to be a nightmare.

Vicki, comforter is fine! Any sleep association that can be recreated without a parents help - a comforter/lovey, a paci he can re-insert on his own without mom "replugging" him, white noise that can be played on a loop all night - is fine.

Took the comforter out of his mouth put him down awake think he's asleep now having a little glass of wine feel so nervous lol got to stay tough if he wakes :)

This link from the Sleep Lady came up in my facebook feed today and I thought of you ladies. Sleep needs/schedules by age:

https://www.sleeplady.com/baby-sleep/typical-sleep-schedules-recommended-hours-of-sleep/

For those of you who don't know of the Sleep Lady, she's a gentle sleep coach, so this info might be of particular interest to anyone looking for sleep help of the non-CIO variety.

Noelle and Shadowy - Hurrah for sttns!!! :happydance: That's sooo nice!

Bananaz - so sorry everything's gone backwards for you both. I really find that the most frustrating and depressing, when you thought it was going well and then it turns to shit :( We're having more of that here, unfortunately. I am still blaming Mia's new teeth for a lot of the grumpy moods so perhaps it's still affecting her sleep, it does seem to take a while for these teeth to stop upsetting them. I also thought you were older too, 30 or so

Mamasmelon - Your LO sounds a lot like mine. She has (bar a few nights in the last week or two) woken up in the middle of the night to play for hours on end, for the last couple of months. It's very hard work :hugs: I also rocked LO to sleep from birth and have realised it's probably the cause of our problems now, but there's no point in regretting/beating yourself up over it - it's done and now we just need to try and fix it! We've had a bit of success lately with putting LO down awake and what I do is put one hand on her tummy, one on her head and stroke and shhhh until she falls asleep. The first night it took 15 minutes with a small amount (much less than I imagined) of crying and the next couple of nights it only took 3 minutes :shock:!!! She's still been waking but a lot less than before and not having to rock is great! I read Noelle's 'troublesome tots' article and decided from that to put an end to the rocking. Best of luck with it, I know how impossibly difficult it is when they're up like that in the middle of the night

Vikki - Good luck with the pacifier weaning, hope it goes smoothly for you both

Aliss - Sorry you two are having such a hard time. I had an overactive letdown too and LO would choke and spit everywhere lol! I used to just soak the first, shooty, sprayish milk into a muslin and then let her feed. Have you tried that?

And well not a great night here, unfortunately. This baby keeps getting my hopes up and then destroying them! Her dad put her to bed last night and for some reason it took him 20 minutes to shhh and pat her to sleep... it's not taken me that long even on the first night so I think I'll stick to doing bedtime myself from now on. She was asleep at 7:15pm, woke breifly at 9pm, 11pm (OH heard her cry but I can't remember getting up and he didn't go resettle her :wacko: not sure what happened there!) then woke at 2am and had a motn party until 3:30am :( woke for the day at 7am. Oh well. Will try again tonight

I've been putting down LO after 1,5 hours being awake. Had 2 walks and naps in the pram a d one together in my bed :) 3 good naps a day. Bed time bit later than I planned, but he was asleep by 8pm, so fingers crossed.
Still long way till he will be napping in his cot and yesterday night Lucas decided to chat for an hour at 4am, but slept till 7.30am which was brilliant :)

MiniKiwi- I'm glad your LO is waking a little less during the night, sounds like your having some success with the method your doing. I think this is probably the route I'm going to take too, by putting him down awake and then staying by his side until he's asleep. We tried putting him down tonight and leaving the room and he screamed the place down until he was almost sick. It broke my heart and I eventually went in and picked him up and he went to sleep. I know I shouldn't have as I've got to be consistent with any method I use at the moment, but I just don't know what to do for the best. :cry: I feel awful now and have spent the last hour crying. I read the article on troublesome tots, and I must say I totally understand where they're coming from. My LO has a dummy and white noise machine for bed, and they recommend not using them but I just can't bring myself to take everything away at once, so I'm going to do things gradually. Hopefully I'll find a solution that works for our family.

I think this method is nice and gentle and if you try it out tomorrow night, you might be pleasantly suprised, like I was.

Don't feel bad about tonight, ok? Start again tomorrow, there's no point in beating yourself up. But you're right that you should be consistent and you should only do what you're comfortable with. Hope you get some sleep tonight and if you're interested in this method, let us know how you get on tomorrow :hugs:

No dummy is going hard he slept brilliant till 11:45 but as been up since he just polished off a 7oz bottle so hoping he will sleep now

First night no dummy went well till 11:45 then I made a mistake lo was moaning for over an hour I kept going in trying to settle him without picking him up he just wouldn't then after 90 mins I fed him why I did not do this first I do not know as most nights he still takes a bottle after a bit of moaning he went back sleep two hours after original wake up. I then heard one small moan around 4:30 where he settled within a couple of mins if that then up for the day at 6.

Well, he only woke twice last night which is a big improvement, and he didnt have his motn party lol! However I'm not sure if that's just because he was exhausted from crying. He woke for the day at 5.45 though which is earlier than usual :shrug: MiniKiwi- would you be able to post a link to the information you have on the method your using please? Hope tonight goes well for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->