Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Thank u so much Noelle! Hope this was the worst of it too! I shall report tomorrow

I realised that I was making F's wake ups worse by going in too soon Shadowy. I wasn't giving him a chance to settle and by going in too soon I gave him a reason to start waking. Now I go in after a few minutes or when the cry pitch changes. I lay him back down, say nothing and walk back out again. Gradually they get fewer.

Our milk strike is over! 5 days felt very long and he was starting to fight drinking things full stop. We also seem to be definitely making one daily nap more than a habit. He woke at 5.30am, played for 30mins and was up for the day. He then went for a nap and I had to wake him after 3 and a half hours as we needed to go out. When I woke him, rather than cry or try to climb out of the cot he sat down and played. He was still overtired by the end of the day but he didnt nap again. So we've done 4.5hrs amand 6.5hrs pm I'll try to push that a little longer next week.

Man, who told Finlay the clocks were changing? He wakes at 5.55am actual time! :dohh: OH now has Finlay's bug so I was up throughout the night and losing an hour as well equals one very tired mama. On the upside apart from one wake up at 10pm he slept through. I'm just too tired to appreciate it

Another better night lo was in bed 6:45 he woke up crying at 10.30went into him to find his mobile that was on the floor had managed to come on and wake him up. He soon settled after it. Woke again at 2:50 I fed him an then up for the day at 6:50. I think maybe I should have waited a bit longer before I fed him last night as this morning he hasn't drank much of his bottle

Notnic - that is exactly what DS used to do. I always hoped that I would be able to fool him into sleeping until 6.30 instead of 5.30 by keeping the rest of his schedule the same (old time) but it never worked, he always adjusted incredibly quickly to waking up at 5.30 a.m. new time. :dohh:

Well jack woke at his (sadly now) usual time of 6.15, however the clock read 7.15 so that made me feel better, lol!

He was surprised by being up and fed in record time whereas usually he'd be left to chat and play. So hopefully we're just back on his usual schedule xx

LO went through til 6.30 but the clock read 7.30am which was so nice!

I was so annoyed that the phone in the living room kept beeping at 3am because the battery was low. Ughhh! I was so angry I had to get up and switch it off and couldn't do it in the dark. I just wanted to throw it on the floor and stamp on it! Went back to bed and half an hour later LO started crying. Thankfully she re settled herself and I didn't need to go to her but I woke at 6am, looked at the monitor and she was still fast asleep. She started crying at 6.30 and when I looked all her toys were strewn all over the cot but its an improvement on the 5am thing. I was just too done in last night to contemplate setting the alarm for 4.30.

I know its so common for the 5am wake up but I cant bear the thought of it until shes 15 mths and drops to one nap like Polaris says! But at least there is light at the end of the tunnel......until the next baby comes and we do all of this all over again!

Shadowy- I have been reading your posts on the poopy nappies at all hours- we have had so much of this. Why cant they turn their bowels off at night? Its a highly unsociable thing to be doing at 3am lol!

Wohoo for late wake ups! Charlotte had a late nap yesterday and went to bed at 7:30pm, so I'm hoping she'll "sleep in" a bit too. I'm up, but I like the alone time. On that note, who would have thought when they were 16 that 7:30am would have been "sleeping in"?!

Charlotte's doing pretty well. Since she's been feeling better, she's still STTN but a bit more noisy. It wakes me and I just wish she was quiet! I'm probably asking too much.

We had a better night but no sttn...she woke up at 3 am and we waited about 20mins then turned on her monitor (which we don't really use anymore ). She was on top of her crib sorta stuck :( so DH went and moved her and she fell asleep within 10 mins till 7 am. She had gone to bed at 6 pm.

Hoping as she discovers she should move around during the day we get our sttn baby back lol!

Oh happy Easter everyone :)

I don't know if its a coincidence but a few changes have made for a better wake up time the last 2 mornings.

It really does make a difference what time I put her down for her afternoon nap. I have found 1pm and we get the early wake ups (too long a stretch until bedtime= over tired), if I leave her until 1.30pm then it seems to be better. Ive capped her naps too, 1 hr 15 in the morning and 1 hr in the afternoon. This seems to have helped and if she goes down just after 7 rather than before 7 then this seems to be better too.

We've had a few issues at bedtime due to her getting up as soon as I leave the room and standing against the bars in her cot. Ive had to go back quite a few times to lie her down so she hasn't been actually going to sleep until about 7.10pm as opposed to 6.50 as it always was before.

I have also put some toys in her cot so when she wakes up at 6.30 shes been playing until 7 which was so nice this morning.

Or perhaps its nothing ive done and shes just through whatever difficult phase it was she was going through and is sleeping better, who knows!!!

I think I'm going in too quickly on a morning! When he was tiny a quick dummy at 6.30 got us until 7.30 easily. Since he's been mr personality, often the dummy doesn't get us any longer and he's awake. But I've still been running in just in case. Mostly he gives me a huge smile, then after I've gone just plays and fills his nappy

The 6 am wake up calls are killing me as I'm not able to get back to sleep even if he goes quiet for a while... It's really getting to me! Why 6am every morning??????

This morning I heard him at 5.55am and I thought no bloody way so I left him. All went silent until 6.40 then a couple of cries. Then silent again and he slept until 7.40! Not sure if this is the clock change or something but I'll try to leave him more often and hope it sticks!

Oh and no poo when I went to get him which may also be why he went back to sleep. But unfortunately he's bound to poo most other mornings lol

I think you girls are jinxing me! Charlotte seems to be waking earlier and earlier. That coupled with playing at bedtime makes me worry she's not getting enough sleep! I'd say she clocked 10 hours last night. Put down at 7, played until 8, woke at 6am.

lol, babies in this thread talk to each other.

Our night was better than the night before. Down at 6:45 pm and asleep till 5:00 am. Then she had flipped around and moved and gotten stuck again :/ I went and moved her back and she went to sleep till around 7:30 am. She usually wakes up at 6:30 am when she sttn though.

Does anyone else have a LO who refuses to go to bed at a reasonable time? I try to put him to bed from about 8pm but he never settles until at least 10pm, sometimes 11. We have the same routine every night, so he knows it's night time, but if he falls asleep around 8 or 9 he always wakes after a few minutes. Then I have to start all over again with feeding and rocking. OH and I never get any time together :(

Does anyone else have a LO who refuses to go to bed at a reasonable time? I try to put him to bed from about 8pm but he never settles until at least 10pm, sometimes 11. We have the same routine every night, so he knows it's night time, but if he falls asleep around 8 or 9 he always wakes after a few minutes. Then I have to start all over again with feeding and rocking. OH and I never get any time together :(

What time does he wake from his last nap?

Fighting sleep is usually an indication that baby is overtired. He may need an earlier bedtime :flower:

Fighting sleep is usually an indication that baby is overtired. He may need an earlier bedtime :flower:

He will only cat nap during the day, usually has 3 or 4 20 minute naps. I think he just hates sleep!

He will only cat nap during the day, usually has 3 or 4 20 minute naps. I think he just hates sleep!

Oh I just realized he's a little one! At his age I might try putting him down every 90 minutes or so to ensure he's not overtired. The catnaps are somewhat normal at this age, so I know it's going to feel like you're putting him down for a nap all day long. But it is a phase that passes quickly :) I'd do bedtime no more than 2 hours after he wakes from his last nap - it should be between 6pm and 8pm ideally.

Hope this helps!

Daniel went bed at 7:15 last night usual wake up of 1am had a 7oz bottle put him back down but he wouldn't go sleep think his teeth are playing up again so gave him a small dose of calpol and he settled after that around 2:30 and awake again at 6am. Thing is this morning he only took 3oz of his morning bottle which makes me think he doesn't need the 1am feed so would you start cutting the oz down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->