Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Bananaz - 7 hour does seem like a long time to be awake for a baby. Does she protest if you just put her in her crib and let her be?

eeeek we had a MOTN party after like 2 months :/ She woke up at 3:30 am and would not go back to sleep till 5 am. She wasn't hungry (would not take boob or bottle), hadn't pooped, was not in pain (gave her Advil at 3 am)...she was just moving around her crib screaming away...and not a "I'm in pain scream" more like "I'm awake and wanna happily scream" kind! Once she went to sleep she slept till 7 am. Of course the MOTN party was rough on both DH and I so today we're tired, grumpy and fighting over trivial things.

Wonder what the heck this is. She teases me with 5-7 days of sttn and then something else happens :?

Bananaz, that does seem like a long time! At the end of the day, we can't make them sleep as hard as we might try!

Ugh, Shadowy Lady! Righ there with you! We have five blissful nights of STTN without a peed 11+ hours and last night was tough. To update you girls, Charlotte had a high fever on Saturday and she's been refusing most food and drink this week. DH took her to the pediatrician yesterday - turns out she has ulcers on the back of her throat as a result of the fever AND she's about to get her fangs, so she's in a lot of pain. She slept find last night from 7pm until around 3am, when she just really could not go back to sleep. She woke on an off until around 6am despite advil. Poor kid.

Last night wasn't great but wasn't to bad, lo went down just before 7 sounded restless alot of the night woke at 11 managed to settle himself woke at 1 for a feed went back down an was up for the day at 5:15

Vikki, that sounds great!

Yes much better than the hourly wake ups definately think it was the dummy causing it.
I just feel so shattered as I lie there waiting for him to wake up.

Ugh am NOT looking forward to the fang teeth then!

We are having a strange time at the moment. I think and presume he's teething. His top front two teeth. They are all bumpy on the gums but no cutting through yet. He's cranky and pooing ALL the time. I could cry with how much he's pooping! 5 so far today and it's lunch time. His bottom is red raw :( I took him to drs on wed and they gave me daktacort which is hydrocortisone and an anti fungal. Well I swear this has made it worse. His bum was bleeding this morning :( :( So I've been to tesco and am now using bepanthen. I just want him to stop pooping its mental. I think it must be teething causing it???

We've had a week of 7.30-6 or 6.30 sttn. Then last night he cried at 2am obviously pain so I rushed in and he'd pooped (!!!!!!) so I changed him in his cot and luckily he just self-settled and went straight back to sleep until 6.30am.

I just don't know what to do about the pooping it's not fun at all

Ugh am NOT looking forward to the fang teeth then!

We are having a strange time at the moment. I think and presume he's teething. His top front two teeth. They are all bumpy on the gums but no cutting through yet. He's cranky and pooing ALL the time. I could cry with how much he's pooping! 5 so far today and it's lunch time. His bottom is red raw :( I took him to drs on wed and they gave me daktacort which is hydrocortisone and an anti fungal. Well I swear this has made it worse. His bum was bleeding this morning :( :( So I've been to tesco and am now using bepanthen. I just want him to stop pooping its mental. I think it must be teething causing it???

We've had a week of 7.30-6 or 6.30 sttn. Then last night he cried at 2am obviously pain so I rushed in and he'd pooped (!!!!!!) so I changed him in his cot and luckily he just self-settled and went straight back to sleep until 6.30am.

I just don't know what to do about the pooping it's not fun at all

It's probably the teething. My understanding is that the excessive saliva causes the frequently poos.

What a great week, Boo! Hope he feels better soon :hugs:

We had bad poops for a few days before lo cut his top tooth it came through on Sunday. He's had bad poop as well today so not sure if its still the same tooth or another he won't let me look in his mouth

Thanks girls! I hope it is teething. I want them to pop through to give his little bum a rest :haha:

Yes noelle it's good isn't it! Don't want to jinx it so I hadn't mentioned. But now he woke last night I feel the run has been broken and I can 'relax' again. Lol! How backwards haha

maaaan last night seemed to have been a bad one for a lot of formerly good sleepers :/

Boo - I'm kinda convinced that Sofia's MOTN pooping had to do with her cold. Since her nose was so runny, she kept swallowing saliva even though we would suck it out before bedtime. She's also super drooly these days. I'm not sure if she's teething or not.

Noelle - sorry to hear Charlotte is poorly again :( Poor baby...I sometimes wonder how affective Advil is for them...

Btw guys, is there a wonder week around week 32? I'm just trying to understand why on Earth she's waking up now (no poop, not hungry, not in pain...)

WW37 - I think the fussy period begins at week 32 and peaks around 34... sorry hun!

WW37 - I think the fussy period begins at week 32 and peaks around 34... sorry hun!

ughhh I shoulda enjoyed my 5 nights of sttn more :sleep: she seems to go through annoying sleep bits for just one week though (4 months regression was a week, MOTN pooping was a week,...). Hoping this is the same or less:coffee:

ughhh I shoulda enjoyed my 5 nights of sttn more :sleep: she seems to go through annoying sleep bits for just one week though (4 months regression was a week, MOTN pooping was a week,...). Hoping this is the same or less:coffee:

It was only a few days or maybe a week of disrupted sleep for us. Here's hoping the same for you!

Sounds like an eventful night all around! My LO had a weird evening and refused bed until 9:30 as he sometimes does...but then slept pretty well after that, mostly 2 hour stretches with one 4 hour.

I'm not sure I can still call this the 4 month regression? It's officially been over a month now...

Our 4mth regression took two months to recover and our 37ww gave us 5-6weeks of dodgy sleep too. I would say that they have been the worst WWs for us. It's hard to blame his current behaviour on a WW because of everything else that has happened. He is so whiny and constantly climbing up my leg. He is in a lot of pain with these teeth. The other two at the top seem to be coming down now, but all of his fangs seem white. Surely that's too many teeth coming through at once. We are still refusing milk and not keen on water either. He's being very pickly! Xx

Notnic - I love the saying 'pickly' that's so cute! Not sure if you meant 'picky' but I'm going to call Jack pickly now every time he's in a strop :haha:

I have no idea how many weeks old jack is any more! I can't even be bothered to work it out lol!

I definitely meant pickly! Finlay is a big pickle! :) I'm glad it's not just me. I have to check my Bounty weekly newsletter before I put his age down when he gets weighed. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->