Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

Oh seaweed hugs ! Lo still cry some times for a few mins .. She's strong willed the other day I kid you not I took her up to her crib for a nap she had screaming fit like a toddler I kid you not .. And it started as soon as we walked in her room I actually left her there for a few mins I don't want her to think she can get away with that it was crazy my friend was over and was like wow you would think she was 2 I'm like yes I no .. She quickly calmed down after 5 mins I went back up and pat her back and she passed out again!

Soo she only woke up Once last night :) :) .. Seems like this is to good to be true .

Hey all! Sorry if not responding to everyone. Catching up quickly because my daughter is sleeping in... I know she will be up soon!

Melly, sounds like you are in your groove. I'm so happy for you.

Seaweed, it's okay to take a break and re-evaluate. Do what works. Relax and enjoy your baby for now.

Argh help! It's 230 PM and he has just woken from his third cat nap. Do I give him a 4th nap around 430-5 or do I try aim for a 530 bed time?

Argh help! It's 230 PM and he has just woken from his third cat nap. Do I give him a 4th nap around 430-5 or do I try aim for a 530 bed time?

Honestly, it's your call. You could either do bedtime around 5:30pm or a short nap at 4:30pm.

Some kids do fine with the early bedtime and just make up the lack of nap sleep at night. Others will treat it as a nap and wake shortly after they're put down.

Thanks Noelle. I'm so tired and so worried about making things worse. I might go by him. If he will nap at 430 I'll let him nap... Man oh man it just seems to get worse and worse! Ha! Thanks heaps as always!

Stephie, I would probably try for a catnap at 4.30 but if he wasn't settling then I would get him up and go for an early bedtime instead.

Clara is a lot better today, I brought her to the doctor and got antibiotic eye drops, her ears are fine, doctor thought it could well be the prodromal stage of chicken pox though.

Thanks Noelle. I'm so tired and so worried about making things worse. I might go by him. If he will nap at 430 I'll let him nap... Man oh man it just seems to get worse and worse! Ha! Thanks heaps as always!

I'm always worried about making things worse with her too its like im always clueless i've been going with the flow a little bit more and not being so strict on her bed time and etc and she's been doing super well she's done a 360 these pass few days... If she continues on this good streak honestly it took me forever to figure her out!! :happydance:

Stephie, I would probably try for a catnap at 4.30 but if he wasn't settling then I would get him up and go for an early bedtime instead.

Clara is a lot better today, I brought her to the doctor and got antibiotic eye drops, her ears are fine, doctor thought it could well be the prodromal stage of chicken pox though.

I hope its not chicken pox ick! i remember having it no fun!

I hope its not chicken pox ick! i remember having it no fun!

Her brother is just getting over it so it's pretty likely that she will get it too. She's still breastfed though so she should apparently still have some immunity from me. Hopefully that will mean it's only a mild dose if she does get it!

Eesh hope she feels better soon Polaris! It's so frustrating when it's one thing after another.

I'm feeling discouraged tonight. I hate the crying every night. Is it too much to expect the crying to be done by now? Even if it's under ten minutes.

I'm really torn, because this has helped his sleep, his routine, and his mood during the day so much. But I'm just sick of the miserable bedtimes. I can't imagine going back, but I want to stop this.

My LO still cries sometimes before going down. It's hit and miss. She has been self settling for months now but you never know with these babies:winkwink: Mine is teething now and I can see the top of the tooth so I know she's in pain.

It's up to you to continue or not. But sometimes it's good to take a lil break and start all over again. You have to do what works with your family. In our situation not getting sleep overweighed the bit of crying so we did sleep train at around 5 months.

Oh seaweed hugs ! Lo still cry some times for a few mins .. She's strong willed the other day I kid you not I took her up to her crib for a nap she had screaming fit like a toddler I kid you not .. And it started as soon as we walked in her room I actually left her there for a few mins I don't want her to think she can get away with that it was crazy my friend was over and was like wow you would think she was 2 I'm like yes I no .. She quickly calmed down after 5 mins I went back up and pat her back and she passed out again!

Soo she only woke up Once last night :) :) .. Seems like this is to good to be true .

Awesome news:happydance:

Sofia had a bad night two nights ago when she woke up twice (at 1:30 am and then again at 5 am). But poor thing is teething and she has a cold. At 1:30 she went back to sleep on her own after 10 mins but at 5 am I waited a bit and since she was still moaning I went to check on her. She was sitting up in her crib and moaning with her eyes close poor things:cry: I gave her some Camilia and she went back down.

Last night she sttn again though so that's good. She still has a cold and it's messing up with her naps. But the short naps don't bother me as much as long as she sleeps at night:coffee:

Oh and Noelle, I'm down to 0.25mg of Ativan and still sleeping:thumbup: I cant cut the pills any smaller though so I think from next week I just go drug free. Getting me to sttn again has been harder than Sofia learning it lol:haha:

Shadowy lady, I'm glad your "sleep training" with yourself is working :haha:

Teething is a bitch!

I'm feeling discouraged tonight. I hate the crying every night. Is it too much to expect the crying to be done by now? Even if it's under ten minutes.

I'm really torn, because this has helped his sleep, his routine, and his mood during the day so much. But I'm just sick of the miserable bedtimes. I can't imagine going back, but I want to stop this.

My LO still cries sometimes before going down. It's hit and miss. She has been self settling for months now but you never know with these babies:winkwink: Mine is teething now and I can see the top of the tooth so I know she's in pain.

It's up to you to continue or not. But sometimes it's good to take a lil break and start all over again. You have to do what works with your family. In our situation not getting sleep overweighed the bit of crying so we did sleep train at around 5 months.

Awesome news:happydance:

Sofia had a bad night two nights ago when she woke up twice (at 1:30 am and then again at 5 am). But poor thing is teething and she has a cold. At 1:30 she went back to sleep on her own after 10 mins but at 5 am I waited a bit and since she was still moaning I went to check on her. She was sitting up in her crib and moaning with her eyes close poor things:cry: I gave her some Camilia and she went back down.

Last night she sttn again though so that's good. She still has a cold and it's messing up with her naps. But the short naps don't bother me as much as long as she sleeps at night:coffee:

Oh and Noelle, I'm down to 0.25mg of Ativan and still sleeping:thumbup: I cant cut the pills any smaller though so I think from next week I just go drug free. Getting me to sttn again has been harder than Sofia learning it lol:haha:

I hear you i keep waking up through out the night now because im like seriously she didnt wake up ?????

Melly that's great! Maybe you're another in proof of the 7 month improvement thing!

Seaweed xxxxx hugs, that's really hard. I think a break sounds good, I'm sure A will be fine with that and it won't all be for nothing, sounds like he HAS made progress!

Polaris sending love and hugs to your lo, that sounds rough but improving! Just think, if its pox she will spare herself the pain later on and now have awesome lifelong immunity!

Well we had another bedtime battle. I think what's happening is he's taking a light nap in my arms and waking falsely refreshed upon transfer. But all attempts to shhhhhh/pat are a dismal failure. I wish I could load the video of him last night. He had a wonderful time slamming his legs down and giggling. He just really cannot calm himself for sleep without lots of help.

After I finally got him to sleep in my bed at 9 he actually had a great night and woke only 2/3 times until 8! So still got all the sleep he needs.

Funny thing, I looked back at when those weeks were that we had good evenings and guess what? Weeks 20-23 in between wonder weeks! Lol

Thanks everyone :hugs: :hugs: I'm looking forward to taking a break. Hopefully his sleep won't get too much worse. He'll still be practicing settling without nursing at daycare (assuming he doesn't go back to refusing to nap at daycare, but hopefully the new routine we're in will take care of that).

Last night was actually great once he was asleep. Up to eat just once at 4 and self-settled with NO crying, just chatting to himself. I don't think he's ever done that in his life. I don't know what kind of omen it is for taking a break from the sleep training :haha: but I do know we can't go on at the moment -- it's just too much. I'm just reminding myself that he needs more help right now. And enjoying the cuddles <3

Polaris :hugs: thank you, as always, for sharing your experiences with Clara. It's very validating to know that you made the same decision when facing a similar situation, and also that her sleep was still better than before you'd done CC.

I'm glad you had a good night last night and got so much rest!! :happydance: I hope Clara is better soon AND keeps up the good sleep!

Stephie, that does sound like a little progress. Glad to hear it :hugs: I'm guessing that together with some longer stretches you will also start to see him sleeping for longer despite the earlier bedtime. What did you end up doing with the nap yesterday? The advice you got is what I tend to do in that situation -- try the catnap but only if he goes down really easily. I hope bedtime went well.

Melly, I'm so so glad you are seeing so much progress!! :happydance: Long may it continue!

Shadowy, 2 wakings with teething and a cold doesn't sound too bad, although I can understand why it would make you tired! I hope she continues STTN from now on though. Glad YOUR sleep is better :hugs: please let us know how it goes next week.

Gaia, I'm sorry you are still having struggles at bedtime. I wish I could offer more insight into why that is happening for you! :hugs: Glad he is sleeping better through the night now though. Our second good period of sleep (after 10-12 weeks) was right around 5 months, too.

Seaweed, I think it's great that you're taking a break. You have to do what is best for you now.
Melly, you're giving me hope for my LO's sleep. My LO will be 7 mo tomorrow.

Last night was OK but still kinda rough. She slept until 1, but was up every hour after that. Only needed to be walked once but seemed to have more trouble settling in general. Still standing up in the cosleeper. Not sure about naps today as OH, who watches her during the day, says he can't remember what her naps were like. He's as sleep deprived as I am. I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi everyone. Hope you all had good nights.

The last couple of nights LO has only woke twice, which is great! But she's been waking at like 5am which is a killer. I literally cannot keep my eyes open at this time and its obvious she's still tired but she refuses to settle. Yesterday I left her to cry since nothing else was working, which was really difficult, she cried on and off but eventually slept in till 8:30. The only problem is she keeps turning herself over and she won't sleep on her back. Tried to do it again this morning but she just kept flipping over more than usual. Eventually oh went in but instead of giving her a dummy or something he gave her a toy instead:dohh: which annoyed me because she wasn't even properly crying at that point, just moaning and it wasn't at all helpful.

Does anyone have any tips to help stop the 5am wakings? It's just too early for me, if I brought her downstairs you can guarantee I'd end up passing out on the sofa lol. It also means I have to throw in a third nap because she takes her two naps to early (and they're never usually good ones when she wakes this early) otherwise i'd end up having to put her to bed at like 4pm, which means she'd be up for the day at 4am, possibly earlier. Plus she's still tired and not ready to be up for the day yet.

Hi everyone, Clara was back to waking up every two hours last night and not settling without a feed! We seem to have one good night and then one bad night. However at least we are having some good nights now rather than just all bad nights.

I have a new problem in that the cat has started waking up when I get up to see to Clara at 5.30 a.m. and has started meowing outside my door until I give in and get up too! I know I probably need to let the cat CIO rather than giving in to the meowing but it's easier said than done! She's not hungry because I feed her before I go to bed in the evening, she has just figured out that I'm awake at that time and thinks I might as well be up playing with her. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->