Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

ughhhh I'm here again...and I see you are too Aliss. I was hoping your second one would make up for all the time the eldest one didn't let you sleep. Though he's still young :)

So I'm at my folks and my mom wanted Sofia to sleep in their room and sent me downstairs. She said she'll bring her down if needed. So Sofia was cranky and gassy most of the day yesterday anyway and I ended up putting her to sleep at 7 pm (an hour earlier than usual). She woke up at 11 when my mom gave her ebm, then up again at 1 am coz she was super gassy...then my mom brought her down again at 3 am and I nursed her. My mom said that from 3 am to 6:00 am (her last nursing I did), she was incredibly gassy and was up multiple times looking for her soother :/

I wish I could let her self sooth but I don't know if she knows how. So some nights like this she wakes up a lot needing her soother :/

ughhhh I'm here again...and I see you are too Aliss. I was hoping your second one would make up for all the time the eldest one didn't let you sleep. Though he's still young :)

So I'm at my folks and my mom wanted Sofia to sleep in their room and sent me downstairs. She said she'll bring her down if needed. So Sofia was cranky and gassy most of the day yesterday anyway and I ended up putting her to sleep at 7 pm (an hour earlier than usual). She woke up at 11 when my mom gave her ebm, then up again at 1 am coz she was super gassy...then my mom brought her down again at 3 am and I nursed her. My mom said that from 3 am to 6:00 am (her last nursing I did), she was incredibly gassy and was up multiple times looking for her soother :/

I wish I could let her self sooth but I don't know if she knows how. So some nights like this she wakes up a lot needing her soother :/

So sorry to see you here Lady! I thought of you last night when I couldn't sleep :)

Your LO is still very young. I know it doesn't FEEL that way since you are so utterly exhausted, but she has time to learn to self-soothe. I promise you that the gassiness and digestive issues do get better as the gut matures as well. I wouldn't be suprised if Sophia was STTN by 6 months!

Thanks Noelle, I really do hope so. I'm getting tempted to give her a big bottle of formula before bed as it does work for some ppl (a few of my friends for example). My mom's volunteering to stay with her again tonight so maybe I'll get some sleep.

Glad to hear Charlotte is sleeping well finally though. You totally deserve some rest mamma! I keep my fingers crossed for you that it continues. I'm lucky to live in Canada where we get one year mat leave. I could not imagine going to work as exhausted as I am now...

Back again!! Every 40mins last night so I'm dreading it tonight, my eyes feel like they are burning I'm that tired. I hope everyone else is ok!! X

Back again!! Every 40mins last night so I'm dreading it tonight, my eyes feel like they are burning I'm that tired. I hope everyone else is ok!! X

Oh no Steph! Hope this phase passes quickly for you. That's torture.

Oh no Steph! Hope this phase passes quickly for you. That's torture.

Thank you. I'm hoping it won't last much longer since its been on and off since 23 weeks. I haven't had much chance to update myself on the last few pages so I'll read up on how everyone is doing in the morning. I'd like to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

oh man , hope you have a much better night tonight :hugs:

We have had/are having a crap night! Brodie went to bed at 7 and has been up screaming from 8:30-10, 10:30 he was fed. Then up 1-1:30 and now 5:30 feed. I usually don't have to feed him at night!! Urgh exhasted

well, LO slept a bit better last night and woke every hour, I feel a bit better than yesterday but still wondering if this will ever end!!

Firstbaby1985 :hugs: How are you feeling? I hope you managed to get some sleep

Reading through seems like everyone has been having some crap nights. Coffees all round then!

Joni had her injections yesterday and she was up from 2:30 in pain. Her legs don't look swollen or anything but when I touch her thighs she cries. I guess they must have been aching in the night. I just felt so sorry for her, I held her in my arms all night, every time I stood up to put her down she burst into tears. I am absolutely knackered now!! But I didn't mind, I knew it was hurting her and I just felt so bad for her. She is hard to settle but it is not like her to be screaming through the night or impossible to put down so I think it was probably a one off x

We had a good night. 5pm bed, 7pm-9pm feeding, 11:30pm feed, 2am feed, 4-5am feeding, and it's 5:45 and still asleep (I escaped to have some peace to myself).

Except he was on my chest all night :( But I really needed a break!!

MrsPear- :hugs: I still remember vaccine nights. AWFUL

We had a good night. 5pm bed, 7pm-9pm feeding, 11:30pm feed, 2am feed, 4-5am feeding, and it's 5:45 and still asleep (I escaped to have some peace to myself).

Except he was on my chest all night :( But I really needed a break!!

MrsPear- :hugs: I still remember vaccine nights. AWFUL

That is good sleep for his age but it's still a lot of times and you can't get a good sleep with him on your chest (a better sleep than with him in his moses basket though!), you must still be knackered.

Strangely I didn't mind being up last night, I felt bad for Joni but she seemed calmed by being in my arms so to be honest I was feeling really pleased with myself that she felt comforted! She can't be put down for naps but generally she is not a very cuddly baby and never has been x

Here, here to coffees all around! It's interesting how different babies react differently to shots. Charlotte always SLEEPS great after hers. I thought it was a fluke, but after a few rounds it seems to be a pattern.

Last night was our first real attempt not to feed Charlotte between midnight and 5am per our doctors orders. He thought it would help her sleep better and help her reflux. The plan was to have the last feed before midnight... she woke at 11:30pm and I fed her then. She then woke again at 3:30am and man was she mad not to be fed! I spent an hour soothing her. Then DH took over and she ended up going to sleep (maybe that's key here...). It was hard, but I'm glad we stuck with it. She hasn't been thrashing about this morning like she typically does and I imagine it's because she's not refluxy, gassy and doesn't have a super-wet diaper.

I told myself I'd commit to this for at least a week. Give me strength girls! Even thought the doctor thinks this is best and I KNOW she's not starving (it's not even like he asked me to have her go all night), it's hard to not do the "easy" thing especially when you are tired.

Here, here to coffees all around! It's interesting how different babies react differently to shots. Charlotte always SLEEPS great after hers. I thought it was a fluke, but after a few rounds it seems to be a pattern.

Last night was our first real attempt not to feed Charlotte between midnight and 5am per our doctors orders. He thought it would help her sleep better and help her reflux. The plan was to have the last feed before midnight... she woke at 11:30pm and I fed her then. She then woke again at 3:30am and man was she mad not to be fed! I spent an hour soothing her. Then DH took over and she ended up going to sleep (maybe that's key here...). It was hard, but I'm glad we stuck with it. She hasn't been thrashing about this morning like she typically does and I imagine it's because she's not refluxy, gassy and doesn't have a super-wet diaper.

I told myself I'd commit to this for at least a week. Give me strength girls! Even thought the doctor thinks this is best and I KNOW she's not starving (it's not even like he asked me to have her go all night), it's hard to not do the "easy" thing especially when you are tired.

Yes I have definitely heard that gtting someone else to do the settling helps when you are trying to drop a feed...you need to get your OH on board for the next few nights if you can!

Joni is only 4 months (and no reflux) so I don't limit her milk at night but I'm definitely guilty of doing the "easy" thing- sometimes she feeds for less than 5 minutes. It's so hard through when you feel like it's your best weapon! x

Oooh, good luck!! I personally wouldn't be able to do it because I don't know how to settle my child without feeding! she hates cuddles. I can imagine how difficult it will be for you x

Oooh, good luck!! I personally wouldn't be able to do it because I don't know how to settle my child without feeding! she hates cuddles. I can imagine how difficult it will be for you x

Mine hates cuddles too, except in the middle of the night! The doc said the hardest night would be the first, so I'm holding onto that. A good friend of mine basically had good advice. She said, "What you're doing now isn't working, so trying something new can't hurt. It will either work or it won't and you won't be any worse off than you are now". I thought that put things in perspective.

You can do this Noelle. I'm currently on the "wait at least two hours before you feed" and it is definitely hard, its 5 am and we had a 4 am feed, so I know this hour is just going to be ridiculous.

We can do this. For them! They are worth it.

Noelle- she'll be pretty pissed about restricted feeds but in the end, we started doing that with Alex too. I'm a very hippy "attachment parent" in all ways but one thing that kind of irks me is that girls with reflux babies are often told to continually feed on demand, which can actually do more harm than good. I understand most people can't comprehend what a real reflux baby is like (it's not a wee bit of puking!!!) but I worry sometimes girls make it a lot worse for themselves following standard advice. Good luck!! We noticed a remarkable improvement in his reflux when he was able to sit, stand, and then once he started walking, it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->