Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

I feel like utter shit today! Up every 20 minutes to 'feed' :)roll: dealing with cluster issues) and then Alex stripped naked at 1am, pissed all over the bed, I had to get up & change the bed with a screaming newborn, brought Alex into bed, he kept smacking at me and wouldn't sleep, the baby kept waking him up, argggh..... but then finally got in a good 3:30-6:30am.

I swear these boys are tag-teaming me. Why are they trying to kill me? I have no inheritance for them yet???

Well.. here goes then. Its nap 1 of day 1 of no nursing to sleep anymore. :( Here we go. I expect it will take a couple weeks... uuuggghh thank goodness for this thread.

I feel like utter shit today! Up every 20 minutes to 'feed' :)roll: dealing with cluster issues) and then Alex stripped naked at 1am, pissed all over the bed, I had to get up & change the bed with a screaming newborn, brought Alex into bed, he kept smacking at me and wouldn't sleep, the baby kept waking him up, argggh..... but then finally got in a good 3:30-6:30am.

I swear these boys are tag-teaming me. Why are they trying to kill me? I have no inheritance for them yet???

Sounds utterly exhausting, Aliss! I don't know how moms of toddlers have newborns. You're a hero.

I'm pretty sure my baby has been trying to kill me for ages now... Can't quite figure out why! It's a good thing she doesn't have a partner-in-crime to help her. She'd be deadly.

Sounds utterly exhausting, Aliss! I don't know how moms of toddlers have newborns. You're a hero.

I'm pretty sure my baby has been trying to kill me for ages now... Can't quite figure out why! It's a good thing she doesn't have a partner-in-crime to help her. She'd be deadly.

Make sure your birth control is order, I'm sure she's plotting to replace your pills with tic tacs to get a partner in crime!! :baby: :haha:

I wouldn't be surviving without my OH here on pat leave. I haven't had to take care of Alex in the day for a bit and it helps.

Oh Aliss, I'm pretty sure that cluster feeding and growth spurts are big reasons for people quitting BFing, it is just so so exhausting without even throwing a toddler into the mix. You'll be so proud if you stick at it :flower:

Saying that, I didn't and although I was so over-the-moon when I finally threw in the towel, I do now feel bad about it.

Well done to your hubby for helping out too. You know this as you're a pro anyway, but it'll get better!

Noelle, the good weeks are awesome. I'm still a miserable Mum with high expectations during the bad weeks though :haha:

Jessica - a later bedtime has helped us massively. I think I was mistaking Quinn's last nap for bedtime for quite a while but now if he goes down at 7.30-8pm after I've made sure a full feed is in his tummy, he will go for 10 hours on a good night.

Well.. here goes then. Its nap 1 of day 1 of no nursing to sleep anymore. :( Here we go. I expect it will take a couple weeks... uuuggghh thank goodness for this thread.

Aww, she'll get there. It's better now that it would be in a few months time x

Aww, she'll get there. It's better now that it would be in a few months time x

You can do it! I was just chatting with a fellow mom (she has a toddler) and she made a point that no one regrets sticking to making a positive change, even if it's hard in the short term.

How many naps does she take? When Charlotte dropped her 4th nap (she takes 2 or 3 now) she really needed an earlier bedtime. It's not exact every day, but between 6pm and 7pm depending on the time of the last nap and how fussy she is seems to work well for us.

Now that you mention it, she has been in the process of dropping her 4th nap over the past couple weeks and almost always only takes 3 naps these days, so it makes sense that bedtime would be adjusted. Not sure why I didn't think of that!

Yikes, how awful! I think I'll come back and reread this post to give me some perspective whenever I think I've had a bad night :haha:

Yikes, how awful! I think I'll come back and reread this post to give me some perspective whenever I think I've had a bad night :haha:

To be fair I was "sleeping through" only 4 weeks ago ;) So you've had a longer rough ride. Mind you, that was only a month's worth as Alex was sttn at 2 :rofl: These babies are trying to kill us slowly I swear.

How many naps does she take? When Charlotte dropped her 4th nap (she takes 2 or 3 now) she really needed an earlier bedtime. It's not exact every day, but between 6pm and 7pm depending on the time of the last nap and how fussy she is seems to work well for us.

Now that you mention it, she has been in the process of dropping her 4th nap over the past couple weeks and almost always only takes 3 naps these days, so it makes sense that bedtime would be adjusted. Not sure why I didn't think of that!

Probably because we're too tired to take note of the obvious? :haha: I sympathize!

Probably because we're too tired to take note of the obvious? :haha: I sympathize!

I think your babies are like Joni and very unpredictable which makes it very hard to notice patterns and work out why timings etc are changing. Every day can be completely different!

I think your babies are like Joni and very unpredictable which makes it very hard to notice patterns and work out why timings etc are changing. Every day can be completely different!

This is very true! I know things are always changing with babies, but it's frustrating to get an 8 hour stretch one night and only two hours the next!

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the support! She took a full hour and a half nap!

Yep, this is very true. I've been documenting Elsie's sleep habits since she was a month old using Trixie Tracker and for the most part it's just a gigantic mess. There have been stretches where her sleep seemed to organize into a semi-predictable schedule but then it falls apart again. All the data is really interesting to look at though, even if I have yet to find the magical pattern I know must be lurking in there somewhere :haha:

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the support! She took a full hour and a half nap!

Woo, awesome! It's amazing how much you can get done in an hour and a half when you have a kid who's normally a catnapper. Or you can do what I do, which is spend the whole time telling yourself that she'll probably be up any minute so why start anything now? :dohh:

Or you can do what I do, which is spend the whole time telling yourself that she'll probably be up any minute so why start anything now? :dohh:

haha. Or at least that's the excuse I give myself when I spend the whole time on facebook

Woo, awesome! It's amazing how much you can get done in an hour and a half when you have a kid who's normally a catnapper. Or you can do what I do, which is spend the whole time telling yourself that she'll probably be up any minute so why start anything now? :dohh:

I do this at NIGHT! Even though Charlotte slept for 7 hours last night, I woke up at 2:30am and drifted in and out of light sleep because I was convinced she'd wake "any minute". I'm sooo tired today. I have a cold and my eyes feel like sandpaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->