Rant - Feeling so hopeless about sleep!

I'm wondering if maybe I should just bite the bullet and try a bedtime routine? :haha:

You know, you should really try some lavender lotion.... I'm sure it's the key to get that girl sleeping soundly!

Thank goodness for you girls, it's so nice to joke & relax with others who actually understand!

You know, I get really upset about this sleep stuff, but at the end of the day I tend to default to having a sense of humor. It's the only way to survive it. I know we will all look back one day and think, "That sucked!", but our perspective will be different. I'm confident we're all raising good kids who will someday sleep. And then we will NEVER take 6 hours straight for granted again!

I'm wondering if maybe I should just bite the bullet and try a bedtime routine? :haha:

You know, you should really try some lavender lotion.... I'm sure it's the key to get that girl sleeping soundly!

:rofl:

Last night I was so desperate I actually tried the rice cereal an hour before bed trick everyone kept telling me to do. It actually made a big difference! Instead of her normal 11pm waking, she got up at 9:30, 10:30 and 11! :dohh:

Yesterday I SHHHHed Mia in the face :( Do you ladies crack and do that or am I just awful? She actually laughed which made me feel better. It took me five hours to get her to have a 15 minute nap and I was just over it. She did roll for the first time yesterday though, from her tummy to her back, so maybe all those thoughts of rolling were keeping her awake. I hope you're all doing ok :hugs:

:rofl:

Last night I was so desperate I actually tried the rice cereal an hour before bed trick everyone kept telling me to do. It actually made a big difference! Instead of her normal 11pm waking, she got up at 9:30, 10:30 and 11! :dohh:

I've tried it, don't feel bad... in a bottle, which is even worse! It never helped us either and I think it actually caused more frequent wakings due to gas! :coffee:

Yesterday I SHHHHed Mia in the face :( Do you ladies crack and do that or am I just awful? She actually laughed which made me feel better. It took me five hours to get her to have a 15 minute nap and I was just over it. She did roll for the first time yesterday though, from her tummy to her back, so maybe all those thoughts of rolling were keeping her awake. I hope you're all doing ok :hugs:

Oh, I crack. I'm pretty sure I've had a few nights of shouting in tears, "Why won't you sleep?!". I typically start the morinng after a tough night by telling Charlotte, "Mom is tired today" and she usually laughs at me too.

Fighting for naps is the worst. It's my least favorite part of the weekend.

I think my LO is particularly sensitive to these milestones. It's always nice to see that she's doing something new like rolling the day after a difficult night.

We tried it in a bottle too Noelle. :dohh: First off, she just absolutely hated it, second it did not help her sleep whatsoever!

Minikiwi! You are NOT awful at all! Five hours for such a short nap must have been exhausting. :hugs:

We tried it in a bottle too Noelle. :dohh: First off, she just absolutely hated it, second it did not help her sleep whatsoever!

It's so hard! You KNOW it's probably an old wives tale, but when you are desperate you do silly things. The mom of the other infant at our daycare is constantly telling me to to give Charlotte a rice bottle because it helps her LO sleep through. I cracked and tried it! No such luck!

Oh, I crack. I'm pretty sure I've had a few nights of shouting in tears, "Why won't you sleep?!". I typically start the morinng after a tough night by telling Charlotte, "Mom is tired today" and she usually laughs at me too.

I think my LO is particularly sensitive to these milestones. It's always nice to see that she's doing something new like rolling the day after a difficult night.

Thanks Noelle. How does Charlotte nap while you're at work? Does her minder have a lot of trouble getting her to sleep?

Minikiwi! You are NOT awful at all! Five hours for such a short nap must have been exhausting. :hugs:

Thank you Jessica. I just feel like such a freak getting angry at the cutest little thing in the world. She's just so damn heavy to carry around and bounce all day :wacko:

Thanks Noelle. How does Charlotte nap while you're at work? Does her minder have a lot of trouble getting her to sleep?

Thank you Jessica. I just feel like such a freak getting angry at the cutest little thing in the world. She's just so damn heavy to carry around and bounce all day :wacko:

Charlotte actually seems to nap pretty well when I'm at work! She has a good routine going at daycare. She is at an in-home daycare with two toddlers and another infant. Her naps were all over the map at first, but the daycare provider seems to have her on a pretty good schedule. I suspect she has more patience than I do and is more experienced with babies. She mentioned to me that she used to sit for a colicky baby and she used to do everything one-handed, so I think she's used to soothing a fussy baby. Her kids are school-aged, so I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she gets evenings off and a good night's sleep... I'm sure it makes it easier to be patient!

Not awful at all, I crack too. Sometimes I will shush her loudly or pick her up a little more gruffly than I should, and I always feel terrible right away. I remember when she was a newborn there were plenty of times when I sat there sobbing with her in my arms at 2am saying "Why the $&#* won't you sleep?!" I think if the worst you're doing is shushing her then you're keeping it together pretty damn well! :thumbup:

Charlotte actually seems to nap pretty well when I'm at work! She has a good routine going at daycare. She is at an in-home daycare with two toddlers and another infant. Her naps were all over the map at first, but the daycare provider seems to have her on a pretty good schedule. I suspect she has more patience than I do and is more experienced with babies. She mentioned to me that she used to sit for a colicky baby and she used to do everything one-handed, so I think she's used to soothing a fussy baby. Her kids are school-aged, so I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she gets evenings off and a good night's sleep... I'm sure it makes it easier to be patient!

Oh that's good, it sounds like you've found an awesome daycarer for her. I can't imagine being at a busy daycare centre with fewer carers would suit a baby who isn't too big on sleeping

Oh that's good, it sounds like you've found an awesome daycarer for her. I can't imagine being at a busy daycare centre with fewer carers would suit a baby who isn't too big on sleeping

I lucked out in a big way. Her daycare provider is wonderful and she REALLY loves Charlotte. I feel so grateful to have her!

Not awful at all, I crack too. Sometimes I will shush her loudly or pick her up a little more gruffly than I should, and I always feel terrible right away. I remember when she was a newborn there were plenty of times when I sat there sobbing with her in my arms at 2am saying "Why the $&#* won't you sleep?!" I think if the worst you're doing is shushing her then you're keeping it together pretty damn well! :thumbup:

Haha well thank you then. I feel like a nutcase and instantly regret it. I was worse when she was a newborn, I maybe had some troubles bonding with her and blamed her for her crying etc. These days I feel sorry for her if she's screaming and want to help her. Yesterday was just ridiculous though

By the way, it's so lovely to have you ladies here. I told OH yesterday that I SHHHHHed her and he's probably the most calm man in the world and I just know he doesn't understand how I get to that point. Nice to know I'm not insane :)

Oh wow i know other people might think it's terrible but the air is often blue with hissed expletives in the night.

But, it's all fine because I did bath-boobie-bed tonight so I'm not really sure what can go wrong?

By the way, it's so lovely to have you ladies here. I told OH yesterday that I SHHHHHed her and he's probably the most calm man in the world and I just know he doesn't understand how I get to that point. Nice to know I'm not insane :)

I was just thinking the same! It's so nice to connect with women with babies the same age who are going through the same thing. As well as the ladies who have been there and can tell us it gets better!

Oh wow i know other people might think it's terrible but the air is often blue with hissed expletives in the night.

But, it's all fine because I did bath-boobie-bed tonight so I'm not really sure what can go wrong?

:haha: ... I love it.

:rofl: Seems like a surefire plan to me! I would probably wake your LO after 14 hours though, you want to make sure you have plenty of time for enriching daytime activities.

40 minutes sleep 30 minutes resetting...it's going bloody brilliant so far hahaha. Noelle where can I get lavender oil for the bath from??! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->