Rant sorry but i can't be the only one

Oneday

Mum to two boys
Reaction score
Sorry i really need this rant but can't be the only one this is happening to. I have bought stuff of here, facebook and ebay and can't believe the quality of stuff people are selling. Ok the pictures look good but in reality it was been well worn stained clothes , things that smell of smoke badly even plastic toys, this really upsets me to think of their kids exposed to so much nicotine in their own homes. Whenever i have tried to complain people have either ignored or deleted me. Ok rant over from now on i am going to stick to the people i know and love on here that sell nice stuff x

Did you post on the Seller & Buyer Recommendations List when you bought off here?

I had one thing which I paid for in december and still waiting! She chooses to ignore me now, I reported it to admin but had no comeback. I had gifted the payment too so nothing I can do with paypal.

I have bought lots off here and I am really pleased with it but just recently got bought a few items off one person and a couple of them are stained, I'm waiting to see if they come out in the wash.

As of yet I havent had any problems. I have had items off 2 people so far and all good. Sorry you havent had a good experience hun. xx

Hi don't get me wrong i have had some lovely stuff off some people. A few names spring to mind , smarties , Katstar and have recommended them. When i had the first cause for complaint i didn't realise you could put a complaint in the recommendations. I don't want to tell someone toys they sent me stink of smoke though as it sounds offensive. Next time i'll stick to trusted sellers or ask if things are in good condition and from smoke free homes rather than presume they will be upo to the quality of stuff i sell myself x

thats a shame you've had problems hun, anything i've got from ladies on here have been fantastic.

xx

Snap i have bought some lovely stuff and some real crap, bobbly babygrows and such, I wouldnt even send that stuff to the charity shop:growlmad:

But being new on the forum and finding it hard enough to find my way round it and pm people:blush: i was quite poorly during pg so didnt have the energy to go through all messages to put in complaints with sellers but i will from now on.

Well said Oneday and i am with you on recommending sellers like katstar and a few others but i will need to check my messages and i will update this post.

i have had a few crappy experiences on here and ebay as well some of the things people think its ok to sell are just disgusting

i have had a few crappy experiences on here and ebay as well some of the things people think its ok to sell are just disgusting

The thing is the pictures always seem to make them look ok too so that doesn't help and the smell of smoke ...

im quite picky with clothes and stuff and wont sell anything i wouldnt be happy to receive. If items have a small mark or a bit of bobbeling i always say.
I recently received vests from ebay, they were awful condition, shrunk and not even the ones on the pic!

I've not had any problems on here yet but eww on on the smokey toys. That is nasty...

i recently bought some bits off someone off here and they were really bad stains so i ended just getting rid of them, but everyone else ive bought off here, have been great. suppose some peoples standards arent up to the same as ours. x

i've had problems here too, i can kinddd of see how people dont care on ebay, as theres no assosiation with the buyer, even though it is horribly wrong. but here some people sell absolute tat knowing and seeing they have babas and that the buyer will judge the seller and just dont care. :wacko:

I've been really lucky on here. Only once have I received something and it's gone straight in the bin. I wouldn't have even given it to the charity shop :wacko:

I do look out for certain sellers now tho but my little girl seems to have caught up in size to their kids so they are selling stuff too small :( think that happens when you get into year to year sizes instead of month to month:(

Hmm it's hard to state when something isn't quite what you expected. It gets right on my tits when you go to the trouble of paying someone straight away and it rolls into weeks rather than days to arrive, but i try to recognise that people have busy lives and things delay them that's out of control, other times it's just bad etiquette. Keeping people updated as to delays in posting without being chased goes someway to alleviate that feeling of having the piss taken.

Some stuff i've recieved has been bobbley and disappointing to say the least, i might have bought it anyway with honest descriptions, but opening a package up and seeing faded and bobbled stuff is a bit off. Again, i just put it down to experience, as you can't expect brand new standard for a few quid, it's just disapppointing.

Also, whilst i'm ranting with you, it really REALLY annoys me when people post something up for sale, you post a reply to offer/buy/ask a Q and they never come back on to the post again, not even to say they've changed their mind about selling. I've PM'd a couple of people who have done this and again, completely ignored. And they've been online and posted elsewhere too. Annoying!

BUT i've had some really lovely stuff on here, most people are great, and i always look for certain sellers. You just make a mental note of who to avoid buying off again!

I have had some bad experiences on Ebay so I don't sell on there no more

i dont think you make alot of money on ebay with all the fees i got some right crap on there as well i dont know how they get such a good pic lol so only buy new on ebay

i havent really had that problem on here although i have on ebay. i always state when i sell things if theyre bobbled or have a slight stain etc and usually try to show it in a pic.

my biggest irritant on here is when you go to the effort to get something posted quickly for someone and they dont even let you know it arrived:dohh:

I must have been really lucky so far as everything has been lovely.

Nothing worse than stinky clothes :nope:

Still waiting for one or two things to arrive yet and crossing my fingers VERY tightly that they get here as gifted the payment.

I've only just started to buy used bits here and there recently and have been quite pleased, I always dread the smell as I'm really funny about smells but I've been quite surprised and most of the things I've bought have smelt freshly laundered. I've only ever had 1 pair of shoes that smelt like smoke..yuk! Some other things that have been listed bnwt have smelt fusty like someones loft or attic lol but nothing a quick wash can sort out!

Anything I've ever sold had always been in usable condition again and anything I think isn't worth selling I would put in a charity bag, I've actually a pile of girls sleepsuits that are a little bobbled and wouldn't dare sell them on here, I'd be mortified if someone came back and told me my stuff was no good! infact I'd rather give them away or sell at a minimal price for someone that isin need & would get good use out of them!

Always check the sellers feedback and read the comments even the positive ones can have some negative comments about the item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->