Rant sorry but i can't be the only one

Name and shame thread seems a good idea actually.

We have a recomended sellers thread so new members know who is trusted, think we should also have a name and shame one to know who to avoid.

Then again it may end up with silly debates and not sure many people would feel right about naming people?

I think it would be a good idea but very likely to end up causing arguements and problems on here and I think would be v.likely to be removed by admin anyway. xx

yeah don't think name and shame is really the answer as other have said everybodies standards are different and maybe the smokers dont realise how much it makes everything Stink ! But it is disappointing to recieve crap ! just got to be warey and look for recommended sellers x Think i expected more of people on here than say ebay x

I bought a few bits of someone on FB and the hat she sent me, dear God it had yellow stains like the baby that wore it had been wearing fake tan :shrug:

Don't even get me started on a pushchair I bought over FB, It was that bad I reported the seller to trading standards!!!

Sorry i really need this rant but can't be the only one this is happening to. I have bought stuff of here, facebook and ebay and can't believe the quality of stuff people are selling. Ok the pictures look good but in reality it was been well worn stained clothes , things that smell of smoke badly even plastic toys, this really upsets me to think of their kids exposed to so much nicotine in their own homes. Whenever i have tried to complain people have either ignored or deleted me. Ok rant over from now on i am going to stick to the people i know and love on here that sell nice stuff x

I know how you feel, I hadnt had an issue until last couple of days. No mention of names but bought something and really really upset the condition it arrived in and also the money I spent on it. But hopefully ill get a refund or something

I rarely buy second hand now unless its stated as excellent condition, because I'm sick of the way things turn up(I'm talking about ebay more then here). I'm so fussy with my stuff, and would always list everything exactly as it is.

Another thing that annoys me, is when selling stuff on here, people not having the curtsy to get back to u. I was selling a jumperoo, the lady was going to collect it from my dads(which is 2 hours away) so I went to the effort of getting it all ready and took it up to my dads with me.. & she never even contacted me to say she didn't want it anymore. I messaged her on here and she never got back to me and has been on. It's just plain rude. It would take 2 seconds to send a message saying you don't want it anymore.

I've sold quite a few things in the past week and several buyers have PM'd me to say they are really pleased but none have posted on the recommended sellers thread Do you think it would be cheeky of me to ask them to post on there?

edit - just realised I haven't recommended them as buyers either lol, maybe I should do that first! :)

:dohh: did it again :dohh: think i will only buy from ppl i have purchased from before no more new sellers for me x

Me too!! Received 3 parcels yesterday and 2 of them I'm really unhappy with, some items have gone straight in the bin and one has been turned into a duster :(

I've had some awful items in the past, particuarly from eBay! I brought my first item from here today, so FX that will be ok!

I won a winnie the pooh light show on ebay for LO's cot, and when it arrived it was tinted yellow and STUNK of cigarette smoke :sick: Like i'm going to put that in my LO's cot!!!!!

Makes me really angry.

Oh no! I've actually been really lucky with things I've bought off here and ebay. I'd never send anything I wouldn't be happy to recieve myself. I hope people don't get turned away from what I'm selling because of other people :( I'd never sell clothes with any sort of stain on them those just go to charity or the bin I don't see that point.

I also wash everything before I send it unless it's BNWT. Why don't people wash before they send? I'd hate to be judged by any sort of weird smell or anything lol :blush:

Me too!! Received 3 parcels yesterday and 2 of them I'm really unhappy with, some items have gone straight in the bin and one has been turned into a duster :(

Did you not complain hun :flower:

i dont understand why anyone would sell stained or well used items. i put stuff up on here today and the leggings to go with 1 top are worn looking so they went in the recycle bin.

I bought a yummy mummy bag off here, there not cheap new or second hand to be honest. I saved my paypal money up bought it in good faith and was sooo excited id finally got one. It arrived great, unwrapped it not sooo great it was full of old disgusting mouldy food and stank! It had a few minor wrips not described and was so grubby on the outside. My first instinct was to clean it and clean it some more. The bag was cleaned and bought up to a standard of able to be used. I messaged the seller explaining the state of it and that id spent 3hours cleaning it, she was rude and finally offered me a partial refund of £10.00 which i thought was fair enough. Do you think I ever got my £10.00 NOOOOOOO. Paypal couldn't do a thing as the bag had to be returned in condition sent in but id cleaned it. I suppose I could have sent it back with a few nice bits of my sons left over dinner init lol. So there we go, thats my rant over and still haven't got my partial refund either

I bought a yummy mummy bag off here, there not cheap new or second hand to be honest. I saved my paypal money up bought it in good faith and was sooo excited id finally got one. It arrived great, unwrapped it not sooo great it was full of old disgusting mouldy food and stank! It had a few minor wrips not described and was so grubby on the outside. My first instinct was to clean it and clean it some more. The bag was cleaned and bought up to a standard of able to be used. I messaged the seller explaining the state of it and that id spent 3hours cleaning it, she was rude and finally offered me a partial refund of £10.00 which i thought was fair enough. Do you think I ever got my £10.00 NOOOOOOO. Paypal couldn't do a thing as the bag had to be returned in condition sent in but id cleaned it. I suppose I could have sent it back with a few nice bits of my sons left over dinner init lol. So there we go, thats my rant over and still haven't got my partial refund either

I think I remember reading about this before. Its shocking!! Cant believe you didnt get your partial refund back either. If it was me I wouldnt have cleaned it and returned it to her. Disgusting I think!!!!

How awful! I have had bad experiences buying from here too. :( I have sold a quite a bit of stuff and i would hope that if someone was unhappy with something i had sent they would contact me privately. I don't think any genuinely honest person would find that a bad thing. I would much rather see someone happy! I always take the time to wash and iron everything before i sell it, except if things are BNWT of course.

I guess it's just a risk you take when you're buying things without seeing them in real life, but it would be nice if everyone had the same standards.

See I shouldnt have bothered cleaning it but it would have bugged the hell out of me and also didnt want something so disgusting and dirty on my house! I was just very gutted. I use to sell quite a bit on here last year and never had problems, but if I ever did I would have always done my best to correct it. I did name and shame her on the thread where you thank buyers and sellers. I still message her in a hope of my partial refund but she doesn't care that I have lost out, atleast shes in pocket!!! Thankfully for the people I have bought off either then the one lady all the baby clothes they have been perfect and I am very chuffed, my hubby isn't lol im on a ban for spending money at the mo lol, he he

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->