Rant sorry but i can't be the only one

I've had similar problems with awful strong smokey smells, and stains that are never in a million years going to come out. One sleepsuit had what could only have been a poo stain on the leg - I mean come on how can you miss something like that!!

Some people's idea of 'good used condition' is really not mine, that's all I can say.

i have bought a few things from here and they have all be lovely, i tend not to buy off ebay some stuff i got was horriable.

I've never had any problems on babyandbump buying stuff so far ive only brought about 4 things but i loved them all and i would buy off them again too.

I've had problems off another site though i brought a rug when i was pregnant it was stained mouldy dog hairs it was rank!! In the end i got a refund but i had to return it throuhg paypal but it cost me about 15 pounds so I was still out of pocket :(

I am very picky about what i sell and i try sell on facebook as no fees lol! I've had people that have come back 2/3 times because they like my stuff and its always nice because they buy more :)
x

:dohh: why do i not stick to who i know with sellers, Smokers Grrrrrrrrrr, even when you have given up the smoke can linger in fabrics and furniture for years! People who smoke or have in recent months should state so when selling stuff, why would some people be so inconsiderate to sell goods containing second hand smoke when i do my best too protect my child from the toxins it contains:growlmad: and why do people not wash things before they send them out, i pride myself on sending nice, freshly cleaned items out and i would never send anything unless it had been washed, am i just being picky but surely its not to much to ask to pop the things in the wash before they go in the post:shrug: most of us i am sure have the washer on most days of the week!

And breathe, rant over sorry ladies but :growlmad:

I have brought tons on here over the past 3 weeks or so.
Can't even keep up with them all tbh,SO if i have brought anything and not said its arrived my apology.

I have had 2 things that i wernt happy with. Havn't contacted the sellers though as i feel rude to:shrug: Onne thing that just smelt like it had been stored away for years but was actually in great condition which i dont mind too much,as i wash them all anyway.

I do think people need to go into a little more details sometimes as to the condition of things.
I brought my 1st item off Ebay this week-hope the condition is ok!

Ive bought some things off ebay which were a load of crap. I would bin them tbh, but off here, Ive bought some nice things, bar one, which was extremely bobbled but for a small amount of money, I dont feel its worth complaining, so I didnt. But people do need to state the condition of things a bit more I think and I wont buy anything again without asking the condition

I feel the same just bought some stuff of here and 90% of it I am going to have to bin so frayed and faded and worn!

I also hate when they state 'only been worn once or twice' and you can see it's been worn alot more! Arghh..Maybe we should start contacting members? In a friendly way of course,just to let them know?

Id want to no if it where me (i hope its not). I do try to be as honest as i can. Im a non smoker and i alwasy get my partner to double check things for me just incase i miss something. I have one instent recently where something had a stain that i brought from here . But she was very sorry and gave me some of my money back. xx

Yes this annoys me too! I've bought a few items off of here over the past couple of weeks and i've been really happy with them and the ladies selling them have been lovely! However, ebay is a different matter! Some people sell utter rubbish, i've bought one or two 'mistakes' from ebay in the past! Dh and I don't smoke, so I don't want to buy other peoples stuff that reek of it x

I agree most ladies here are honest, lovely people and when they say its only been worn once I can tell it has, like my stuff I have sold, Ive had so many clothes that my boy has only worn once. I do hope that if someone was not happy they would contact me to ressolve the problem. But you do get what you pay for ad if you are only paying pence for babygrows then I would expect them to be well used. But when someone described anitem as never worn and it arrives stinking of smoke with a food stain on then you cannot say they hdnt noticed when packing it up!

I`m sorry some of you ladies havent had a good buying experience :(

I buy quite alot on bnb and have been happy with all my purchases :) although I forget to recommend :dohh: must make a mental note to do that now I have read this thread and realise the problems some of you have been having :thumbup:

I also sell on bnb :thumbup: quite alot infact ... stuff from my boys and I also sell stuff for my Sister (shes useless with a computer and wouldnt know where to start selling ;) ) which my niece has outgrown ... I am honest about everything I sell and even get my Sister to go through everything with me :dohh: so I dont mislead anyone :thumbup: I do freshly wash everything or she does when she gives me them to sell but I am honest about the fact that I dont :iron: :blush: BUT this is because I dont :iron: anything we possess :dohh: and because I also know that upon reciept you Ladies probably wash them yourself anyway ... I wouldnt dream of sending anything stained/dirty/smelly and have thrown away even the slightest of bobbly things even though these in some peoples opinion may be wearable ... I have high standards and have noticed that every time I list something I have the same Ladies return to me for more ;) I would also hope that if anyone is unhappy in anyway they contact me because I wouldnt want anyone to sit unhappy with something they have bought from me :nope:

I also have found looking at the visitor messages on someones profile can tell you if your going to have any issues when buying from someone you have not purchased from before, for example items not arriving and lack of refunds being given.:thumbup:

awh this is a shame, ive never had any problems on here. I only sell stuff that new or like new and I dont smoke. If I recieved something that smelt of smoke I would ask for a refund right away and I never send anything by gift payment as then you dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to paypal xxx

Thank you peanut08 never thought about checking messages ;)

Gash02 I have considered not gift paying but then I am lucky to have not had any probs :wacko: maybe I should cover fees infuture just to cover my purchases :thumbup:

Have found ALL the stuff i have bouht of BNB is fab condition did not smell or anything, :thumbup:

Have bought stuff of ebay before that stunk of fags!!!! so binned it bought of gumtree before ripped complained but got nowhere.

Always pay by paypal unless i have a conversation and feel comfortabe gifting

Sorry i really need this rant but can't be the only one this is happening to. I have bought stuff of here, facebook and ebay and can't believe the quality of stuff people are selling. Ok the pictures look good but in reality it was been well worn stained clothes , things that smell of smoke badly even plastic toys, this really upsets me to think of their kids exposed to so much nicotine in their own homes. Whenever i have tried to complain people have either ignored or deleted me. Ok rant over from now on i am going to stick to the people i know and love on here that sell nice stuff x

yes iv had this to :-( well annoying and i also hate smoke

maybe thats why noones buying from me as i havent sold anything yet maybe people are afraid. i wash all the clothes pre sending them and if somebody wasnt happy id like them to tell me and i would refund. sorry some ladies have had bad experiences on here xxx

i refuse to buy on ebay because of the same reasons you mentioned but everything i have bought of hear has been lovely never had anything worth a complaint :-/ i allways wash stuff that i buy second hand anyway so any dusty marks etc allways come out :)

This is why I am wary of selling on here and so have given the majority of Emmas stuff has gone to the Social Work childrens homes as they are clean and wearable, but that really, to sell you would feel bad asking too much for. I now have bags and bags of clothes that I need to sell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->