Rant sorry but i can't be the only one

I have been quite lucky i think, i buy and sell a lot on here.I have regular people that have bought from me that come back and buy more. I bought a bundle of clothes once and they were yuck just horrible, a grey vest which was once white with a big poo stain up the back and a top with orange baby food stains on the front and sleeves :growlmad:

I have been quite lucky i think, i buy and sell a lot on here.I have regular people that have bought from me that come back and buy more. I bought a bundle of clothes once and they were yuck just horrible, a grey vest which was once white with a big poo stain up the back and a top with orange baby food stains on the front and sleeves :growlmad:

Oh gosh there is just no need for that is there!!!! All the things I have had off you have been fab!! :thumbup:

xx

I have had a few people be rude to me too sadly :( but I have just rose above the comments because nearly all the other buyer/seller communications I have had have been really positive :)

I just sold something on ebay this weekend and the person emailed me today to say they have changed their mind about buying the item and bid by `accident` ... we all know this is not possible but they swear they are `new ` to ebay and didnt understand when infact they have been a member since 2007 :shock: I mean I have paid listing fees and final fees so I told the buyer or not as it may be politely that I would be opening an unpaid case with ebay (why should I be out of pocket!) when you bid/win its a binding commitment right?!?! well I dont think I am out of order by doing this but got a reply with a load of abuse and right at the bottom the person has put that dont have the money to pay for the item anyway/on tight budget etc :( why bid then???? I havent replied because I really cant be bothered arguing I will leave it with ebay now but heck why are people like that?????

I hate when people do that! I have had people who have done it so we have both agreed to.cancel the transaction so I can claim seller fees back. I had someone on ebay askimg of they could collect something, I said no as just so awkward, they bid anyway and didnt pay! Grrrrrr

Xx

Why to sellers do that on ebay ... its so crap and one of the reasons why people are so put off using it :( I must admit I have now started posting everything recorded delivery because I had so many people claim they hadnt recieved parcels :( I sorted it out privately taking their word for it and refunding so as not to get negative feedback etc and I even had one person saying they recieved the wrong item but wouldnt return it until they recieved the right one :wacko: I only posted that one thing at that time so there is no way they didnt get the right item :dohh: I told the lady to post it back to me and that I would refund her the return postal costs as well as her original payment once I recieved (calling her bluff!) and she never replied to me and that was the last I heard from her :dohh: people are just so odd :wacko:

Yup I tend to send items recorded delivery now (unless sold for less than approx £5) as I had people saying they hadnt had things etc and you struggle to claim with royal mail if you havent send recorded delivery.

I also once had someone on ebay buy some jeans they then asked if they could have my address to return them, I asked why but they never replied and then filed an item not received dispute. Paypal found in their favour so I called paypal and explained they situation and they give me the money back as they refunded the buyer!

xx

i got ripped off by someone here when i bought a very dodgy wrap off her which was about a metre too short. cost me £17 and i just ended up chucking the heap of crap in the bin, certainly not good enough for my daughter! got myself a lovely moby wrap and it was worth it. just be wary- obviously some people are so scummy they'll do try anything to make a few quid even if it's selling something potentially dangerous!

Oh gosh there is just no need for that is there!!!! All the things I have had off you have been fab!! :thumbup:

xx

No its just gross. I won't put stained clothes in the charity bag nevermind sell them lol and thanks hun :) xx

madlysboys i have bought off u a couple of times and have to say the items i got off you were if great condition, loved em thanks. you have lovely clothes, look forward to you putting some more up actually, message me when you do please. x

I spent £100 on an electrical from here once (not going to be too specific because there was a bit of a dispute about it and admin know about it) and i was told it could be passed off as brand new. I get it and its all scratched and even has a crack! When i asked them about it, they said they meant it looks new from the front, not the back. When i was clearly told it could be seen as new like it had come from the shop. I sent the person screen shots where they had said "not a scratch on it" and they just said "im sorry we spent the money on bills, we're a young family" and tried to guilt trip me. In the end i ignored them and decided to just suck it up and buy a cover for it.
Just plain wrong as far as im concerned. It is a lot of money to be conned out of.

^That is totally out of order.
It's a chance you take from buying online,as anyone could describe something as brand new,when it's not. But how can people be so heartless to do something like that! What goes around comes around is all i can say..

madlysboys i have bought off u a couple of times and have to say the items i got off you were if great condition, loved em thanks. you have lovely clothes, look forward to you putting some more up actually, message me when you do please. x

Thank you hon :flower: sure I will pm you when I list more :)

I really do try to list things accurately and tbh theres stuff I have thrown which some people may deem in good condition and useable but if theres a slight flaw I just wont sell it :nope: nor will I send it to the Charity Shop :dohh: I have been very pleased with things I have bought from Ladies on bnb but I can see how some people may not be quite as honest :(

I have stopped buying things from ebay unless they are listed a new or unless I have bought from the seller before :thumbup: I bought Charlie a change bag a few months back because the strap on our boots freebie snapped :dohh: it was a samsonite turtle backpack change bag with wet bag, bottle bag and change mat included :thumbup: It was listed `as new condition` hardly used etc etc and when it came it was in appalling condition :( It came in a large box and as I begun to open the box I could smell a musty foisty smell :wacko: the thing smelt like it had been stored in a garage or cellar or somewhere damp :( I opened the bag and no kidding inside were cobwebs, dusty dirt and even a dead bug UGH! I immediately contacted the buyer saying it was in no fit state to carry baby items and imo useable and unfit for purpose :thumbup: She replied saying she felt it was fit for purpose and when it left her it was in immaculate condition :saywhat: so on the journey it somehow became musty/smelly/dirty/full of cobwebs/dead bug ..... I mean come on I know Royal Mail can be crap at times but seriously :growlmad: ..... After battling it out I got a refund but because I had to provide a tracking number on my return of the item it cost me 6.00 for return postage so I was out of pocket :nope: I am more careful now and have realised that ebay will always decide in favour of the buyer :nope: which is why I now posted absolutely everything recorded delivery because then I have covered my back :thumbup:

I sent a pair of boys Next jeans once recorded delivery (buyer paid £11 altogether) and gave the buyer the tracking number, the item was never signed for and she said she never received it. Royal mail were crap and were baffled! I've received small recorded packages posted straight through the letter box as the postman never bothered to knock the door, it was small enough to post. Who's to say this also happened in the buyers case also? I'll never know & can't prove it but it just shows you can still get conned when sent recorded also! :growlmad:

I sent a pair of boys Next jeans once recorded delivery (paid £11 altogether) and gave the buyer the tracking number, the item was never signed for and she said she never received it. Royal mail were crap and were baffled! I've received small recorded packages posted straight through the letter box as the postman never bothered to knock the door, it was small enough to post. Who's to say this also happened in the buyers case also? I'll never know & can't prove it but it just shows you can still get conned when sent recorded also! :growlmad:

That's why i don't send recorded anymore. i tried to claim once and royal mail were impossible. i also find that buyers really don't want to pay extra for recorded.

I too have recieved signed for parcels which i have never actually signed for :( I guess it boils down to trust and I guess theres really no winning :(

i'm very lucky that our postmen are very good. i think it's because we live in a rough area so they're scared of getting their head knocked off on the doorstep :rofl:

they always knock the door and get a signature for things. i don't know how postmen get away with putting it through the letterbox?! are they forging signatures. :wacko:

i've had a really horrible top from ebay this morning. managed to get a partial refund but jake won't be wearing it. it's COVERED in bobbling, i mean literally, almost like the bobbles are webbed together. :sick: why do people do it.

Grr trusted a description from a seller i've never used before and totally ripped off, will update once seller has replied, my faith had been restored on bnb recently with cloth nappy sales from new sellers and thought i would extend into the other sale pages but i am sadly dissapointed again :(

I only buy from here or fb links from here. I can't figure out ebay!

I've never had anything stained unless already stated and even then the stains have washed out :D

I have had good dealings on here mainly. As for ebay, I have brought some things from there that are listed as new then they come with stains on! I sell items I would be happy to receive myself and even if I THINK it looks bobbled or worn I say so so then the buyer knows what to expect but the person may get it and think there isnt any bobbling but I like to be as honest as possible.

Unfortunately though there are some who think an arm missing on an item or bobbling may not be an issue :D

xx

I was put off selling on here, when someone didn't receive an item I'd posted. Instead of PMing me, she put it on my selling thread so I looked bad. I refunded her in full, quickly, and didn't even get an acknowlegement. It's pretty much impossible to claim from Royal Mail, so I lost out. I've also had people ask for my paypal, then not bother having the stuff after all. I'd rather not name and shame, as I'm on here a lot and I'd find it awkward. I stick to ebay now, even though you get ripped off with fees lol.

I've stopped buying stuff off ebay, the majority of stuff I've bought is crap and Holly's not worn it. I only ever sell stuff I would be happy for Holly to wear, I wouldn't dream of selling bobbly, stained rubbish like some of the stuff I've received. The feedback is crap too, I've never given negative feedback even when I've been unhappy, as I don't want them to give me negative feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->