Rant.......

amanda77

TTC #1
Reaction score
I feel bad saying this because I try to be really positive all of the time, BUT...........

it drives me crazy that so many people look at my posts (and others) and don't even comment! I posted a test earlier that I think has a faint positive and 3 or 4 ladies commented and almost 80 have viewed it! UGGHHH!!

I know that we can't comment on everything....but this is a big deal to me - and why we're all on here anyway, so I think people should be more sensitive to reading and running.

Thanks for listening! :growlmad:

Well, I really felt bad reading this and not writing..... it happens to everybody, sometimes the title can be misleading. I don't have any kids and I haven't been pregnant yet so I read a lot of posts because the title seems interesting but then I don't have any advice to give so rather than say something meaningless.... hope ranting made you feel better, good luck TTC. :)

Me too, I feel bad not writing anything but I don't always have anything useful to say. I try to comment when I can. The same thing happened on my hpt thread too, so I know how you feel! I just try to think of it as silent support. :hugs: xxx

If I don't have anything useful to say, I don't comment. Sometimes reading and running is unavoidable. Plus, guests (non registered members) viewing the thread count towards the number of views too.
I totally understand why some people get upset at this, but I really don't think anyone does it on purpose.

Try not to let it get to you too much hun. :hugs: It's inevitable that people are going to look and not say anything. There are TONS of guests that get on this website as well and it counts towards the post counts. And sometimes people may get distracted, maybe they accidentally click on the wrong link, etc. I know I sometimes click on stuff and than Emma distracts me and I don't get a chance to respond. :hugs::hugs:

Well, I really felt bad reading this and not writing..... it happens to everybody, sometimes the title can be misleading. I don't have any kids and I haven't been pregnant yet so I read a lot of posts because the title seems interesting but then I don't have any advice to give so rather than say something meaningless.... hope ranting made you feel better, good luck TTC. :)

This.

I tend to float around a number of different sections just reading anything I may find interesting. I usually don't have a lot to say especially if im in one of the pregnancy forums, I tend to just read about peoples experiences and stuff so I can learn about what to expect when I do fall pregnant, plus I have way too much time on my hands at the moment. If I have something useful to say then I'll say it but theres no point me posting something that will not benefit the poster/other readers.

I personally don't have a problem with people reading and running, as the saying goes: if you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm guilty of "reading and running" often because I don't have any advice or (mainly) because I have a 22 month old who won't let me type and a newborn demanding my attention. I wouldn't take it personally hun :hugs: xx

There could be a million reasons as to why people didn't post and one of them isn't because theyre not interested. I think you are being far too sensitive.

I wouldn't be able to count the times I have read a post and started to reply but had to delete because I needed to go and do something else. :nope: I have nothing further to add from what everyone else has said and I wouldn't usually reply as you end up having pages of the same answer, but under these circumstances I thought I should leave a response. :winkwink:

I often don't have anything useful to say so won't comment. I don't feel bad about it to be honest, people do that with mine. It's like that on every forum. Don't take it too personally :) also, some people can't comment because they're just guests.

Though considering the nature of your post, I think people could easily have responded. Doesn't take 2 mins to say yes I see something or no I don't.

Thanks ladies! I didn't know that guests could look but not comment....so I bet there are a lot of them on here! I really wasn't trying to be too sensitive and normally it doesn't bother me - people read and run for all sorts of reasons! It was just the topic of this post that caused me to be upset - I just really wanted some support and feedback. In days since, I've have gotten tons of feedback!!!!! YAY! So, guess I jumped the gun. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Loads of luck to all!

Sometimes if I post a reply I'll go back later to see what other people have added - that bumps the post count up too!

i think sometimes people just dont know what to say... but good luck with ur positive test il keep my fingers crossed for ya xxx

There are many reasons why you get more views than replies.

Guests can view but not post. Some people might not have anything constructive to say or anything different to what has already been said. If I have posted on a thread I like to go back and look at all the replies posted after mine but I might not post again and this bumps up the view count too. You might read a title and when you click on it you find it's about something completely different and you can't help or have enough knowledge to comment. And some topics are easier to reply to than others.

You can't take it personally love - at the end of the day I'm sure every single person on here is guilty of doing it at some point xx

I am awful for reading and running.
At the moment when I think I have a few minutes to myself I will browse and go to reply and then something will occur for me to leave the laptop and then I completely forget about replying :dohh::dohh:

I think a lot of the time people do not know what to say so would rather say nothing at all, especially where a test is concerned, if the people viewing were not sure it was a positive they probably did not reply as they wouldn't have anything valuable to say. :hugs:

I really dislike when you reply to a thread and you are the last one to reply and then the thread goes dead.. thread killer!! :dohh:

xXx

If its in the test gallery too hun then members and/or guests may even just be clicking threads and looking to find tests that look like the result they have got i.e a faint BFP and seeing what the outcome was.I wouldnt take it personally :hugs:

I do read and run sometimes. Purely because sometimes you just don't have an answer. The only other thing to do is write 'sorry, I didnt wanna read and run but :hugs:'. Can't do it to everything tho. I totally know what you mean though.. I made a post not long ago about 'feeling unpopular' due to not really being well known by people here and also cuz I never tended to get many replies. I was having a sensitive day tho. We all feel that way sometimes babe xxxxxxx

People click threads by accident, there are lots of guests and sometimes people don't have anything to add.. It is not personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->