Raspberry leaf tea

A

AppleBlossom

So I heard this can help speed things up. Anybody tried it? And if so did it do anything? Also where do you get it from, can you get it from a supermarket or do you need to go to a health food shop?

I am not sure of the properties of it for pregnancy. My DH got some for me at the drugstore in the "natural/organic health" section. He got it for me cause he read that it could help ease :witch: symptoms.

I've heard that it doesn't help bring on labour but helps strengthen your uterus for the labour. You can get it in Holland and Barrett. I will def be investing in some in a couple of weeks.

I've heard that it doesn't help bring on labour but helps strengthen your uterus for the labour. You can get it in Holland and Barrett. I will def be investing in some in a couple of weeks.

ditto

h x

my birthing class instructor recommended it but a friend of mine said it made her throw up

ah ok, yeah I just realised it only strengthens your uterus. I think you're supposed to start taking it a bit earlier than 38 weeks for it to have any effect

i think im gonna start taking it 36 weeks.. is that right??

Yes thats right, I have used it with both my previous pregnancies and will do again for this one. If you dont fancy the tea you can get it in capsule form too.
Second stage of labour was quick both times so Im all for taking it again!

yeh my friend used it... and her pushing stage of labour literally lasted like 5 mins she said!!!

Im thinking capsule form Im not keen on flavoured teas!!

They have it in Whittard's as well. It was BOGOF today - I stocked up early! The assistant told me not to take it till 35 weeks

I started at 32 weeks, and my labour was super quick! 2 & 1/2 hours from first contraction to the end! I'm taking it again!

I met up with two of my old school friends the other day, and they both advised me to take this. One friend drank 3 cups a day from 32 weeks, and managed to go through her whole labour (which was only 6 hours!) with only a bit of gas and air. Her pushing stage lasted 15 mins, and she didn't need any stitches either!
The other friend has 3 boys, and drank it for the 1st two pregnancies, which both resulted in smooth, reletively easy labours, but not on the 3rd, (as she suddenly couldn't bear the taste of it, and it made her sick). Her 3rd labour was very hard, and she is convinced its because she didn't have the raspberry leaf. That's enough to convince me to give it a go! And I'm pleased to learn that you can get it in capsule form, as this must be easier to stomach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->