re-thinking food and drink

honeybee2

Reaction score
Its getting to me how low our food and drink budget is and I'm not sure what to decide on.

Do you think I should just say to them- I have £2000 for 80 people. What can you offer? :shrug:

What had you picked so far? Is it for the wedding breakfast or evening? Or both? x

we need:

welcome drink
main meal with a starter preferably or at least sharing appitisers
we dont need desert as I have a fab cake being made
wine on the table
toast drink
evening food (we want sausage and bacon bagettes)
thats the thing, we've had ideas but our mind is not set. Everything is so expensive and its hard to work out what we can afford and what will be the best option xx

It's hard to pick the food i think too!! I would hope 2000 would cover that though!! I like your idea for the night food. We can't decide whether to have a bbq, hog roast or a normal buffet for the evening! Decisions, decisions! x

Are you allowed to bring in outside catering?
We're having cream teas - scones, sandwiches, cake etc - in the day and then a buffet for the evening that OH's parents have kindly organised. It works out really well for our budget and fits in well with our day too...
Have a chat with them and see what they'll allow xx

Are you allowed to bring in outside catering?
We're having cream teas - scones, sandwiches, cake etc - in the day and then a buffet for the evening that OH's parents have kindly organised. It works out really well for our budget and fits in well with our day too...
Have a chat with them and see what they'll allow xx

We were gonna have this with strawberries and cream as we're having a marquee! x

we're not allowed to bring outside caterers unfortunately.

My MIL and I had a chat tonight (as shes paying the most) and we've decided that because the main meal wont be served untill 7:30 that evening food wont be needed so we're going to have a starter instead and a main meal and hope that they'll allow us to have some sort of extra dessert.

so £2000 has got to cover;

a welcome drink
starter
main meal
dessert?
a glass of wine
a toast drink

we'll see what they can offer us. My MIL and I will be going to see them next month some time to taste the food and have a little chat. I'm not sure if £25 PP will cover 3 drinks and a 3 course meal- but we can compromise on the type of food and have something a bit different- pie and chips anyone? Lmao. Fortunately my family are very down to earth and dont understand pretentious food so it might be ok.

To be honest I reckon people would prefer pie and chips to a posh three course meal!! We considered having fish and chips from the local chippy. The owner of the hotel we're gettin married in was telling us about previous couples and we loved this idea!!! We're not going with it though, I just daren't go that casual! What time are you getting married if your meal isnt till 7.30? xx

3pm.
the day is:

3pm - ceremony
4pm- welcome drinks reception
5:30- private bride & groom photographs
6:00- time alone
6:30- group wedding photographs and more drinks
7:30 -meal
8:30- evening reception

We are having:

100 Day Guests and 6 kids
Toast Drink
Glass of Wine with meal and Top Up
3 Course Meal
200 for the evening buffet - sandwiches, sausage rolls etc etc

and the total cost is £3600

edit - forgot to say this includes use of 2 wedding cars and honeymoon suite for the night!

aww I thought your food budget was brilliant!

I got a bit confused by all the figures above :blush:

But my venue is everything inclusive for £3,500

and thats 70 guests, 4 courses, welcome drink and glass of wine with meal, rental of ceremony suite then reception suite...er cake equipment stuff, DJ, chair covers...blah blah...

anywho, what im staying is that for £2000 they should be able to cater 3 course for 80 people?! Id get wangling extras outta them!!

Is one hour for a three course meal and tea and coffee going to be enough chick? Including your speeches? We start our line up at 4.30, to have everyone seated for 4.45, to have speeches done by 5.15, allowing 2 hours for the meal and coffee before the hotel have to turn the room around for the night time reception at 7.15 xxx

probably not but we're not having coffee and tea- they want £4.50 PP for this! The bloomin cheek! I may aswell give everyone a jar of bloody coffee for that!

I know they'll accept it for a 3 course meal but not with drinks included, so what Ill do is:

We have just over £2000 (probs about £2100) I'll take out the money they'd charge for corkage and for what 25 bottles of wine would cost from tesco wine and then add up whats left and say- right well I either want a 2 course or a three course from the rest please! See how they like it then. Only thing I know we cant do is have corkage on the welcome drinks- or at least I dont think we do? Ill have to ask.

it'll work out like this:

£2100 for food & drink

24 bottles of wine works out at £100 for 4 cases of 6 bottles
£120 for corkage

12 bottles of sparkling wine for the toast works out £50 for two cases
£84 for corkage

£200 for 80 welcome drinks from the venue.

£25 for ten pitchers of juice for the children to have all day.

= £579

which gives £1521 left.

Which means they'd be approx £19 left per person (6 of which are children and would need smaller portions) I hope this will be enough for a two course meal.

If we were to use their wine for the same amount (3 bottles of wine per table- ten people per table and 12 bottles of sparkling wine for toasts + 80 welcome drinks) it would cost:

= £729 for the cheapest stuff they have.

I can see how they get their money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->