Ready for round two... Bring it!!!

Same here, you'd think being at work on the weekdays things would go more quickly and being home on the weekends would drag but I feel like at work im online looking things up all day. Weekends is really when u r busy interacting with hubby and others or out so u can stay occupied and away from the Internet for the most part :)
Bloodwork checked estrogen and progesterone and it showed I ovulated on the bcp which I guess they don't want? And I still haven't gotten my period since stopping the bcp last Saturday, I'd hope I was pregnant but I'm sure if there was even a slight chance of that theyd tell me and not keep me on Lupron without checking. I tried finding anything online about my situation but couldn't find much so just hoping for the best...I dunno why it'd be a big deal I ovulated? Or if it's a big deal if I get my period...ah well, we will see
That is awesome news about ur numbers, I'm sure it's so nerve wracking waiting to hear! Do u want a boy or girl, or do u not even care at this point? I'm guessing it's a singleton based on ur numbers right? I kinda want twins but i think it's best not to think that way cuz it's harder on ur body and more dangerous. I hope after all this u have a smooth pregnancy, and finally get to start ur family!! Can't wait to hear about ur ultrasound!

Same here, you'd think being at work on the weekdays things would go more quickly and being home on the weekends would drag but I feel like at work I'm online looking things up all day. Weekends is really when u r busy interacting with hubby and others or out so u can stay occupied and away from the Internet for the most part :)
Bloodwork checked estrogen and progesterone and it showed I ovulated on the bcp which I guess they don't want? And I still haven't gotten my period since stopping the bcp last Saturday, I'd hope I was pregnant but I'm sure if there was even a slight chance of that theyd tell me and not keep me on Lupron without checking. I tried finding anything online about my situation but couldn't find much so just hoping for the best...I dunno why it'd be a big deal I ovulated? Or if it's a big deal if I get my period...ah well, we will see
That is awesome news about ur numbers, I'm sure it's so nerve wracking waiting to hear! Do u want a boy or girl, or do u not even care at this point? I'm guessing it's a singleton based on ur numbers right? I kinda want twins but i think it's best not to think that way cuz it's harder on ur body and more dangerous. I hope after all this u have a smooth pregnancy, and finally get to start ur family!! Can't wait to hear about ur ultrasound!

Yeah, totally - on the weekends you are out and about and can stay away from the internet - which is so hard to do! Yes, I suppose they don't want you ovulating on BCPs, but I'm not sure why? Also, the Lupron is supposed to stop ovulation right? Maybe is it a concern that you would ovulate too early during your IVF cycle? I am guessing here. When I was stopping my BCPs before stims, I asked my clinic and they said that if I got a bleed it was normal, if I didn't get a bleed it was normal, or if I got a light bleed it was normal. I didn't really understand that, because I thought you had to at least shed some of your lining before beginning. I guess if your ovaries are suppressed it doesn't matter? I have no idea. I am curious to hear what they say on Monday and I really hope that you can continue with the cycle. I can't see why they would cancel the entire cycle.
It is nerve-wracking to wait for the results and stuff, but I'm used to waiting for everything at this point - and I'm just happy to be nervous about pregnancy-related things you know? I don't want to take this for granted for a single second. I feel so grateful for it to have worked. As far as a boy/girl, I used to think it would be nice to have a girl at some point, but now I think whatever happens, happens. I feel guilty even wishing for a girl after all I've been through! I guess because I have two nephews already, and everyone around me is having boys - a girl would also be different. I am assuming it is a singleton, yes. I guess you never know. I had wanted twins, although I know my RE only really tries for singletons. It's just after all we've been through, I wouldn't mind it. He did tell us on the day of the embryo transfer that we had a 34% of twins with the embryos he was putting back. Soo..I think it is just one in there but I guess I will find out soon enough..

Good luck getting through the weekend and keep us updated about Monday!:hugs:

I honestly hate to say it but I really want a girl also. Obviously after all this I will be super excited for either but I def feel as though I have to keep going till I have atleast one girl. My husband says he'll be happy with either but im sure he kind of wants a boy cuz he has had a boy name picked out forever! Have u already got ur names picked out? Really praying ur numbers keep doubling (or more if it's twins) :)
Well luckily my pd did start on sunday and he said I could start all the meds today :)

Paisley,
That's great news about starting the meds! So they didn't care after all about the ovulation? Which meds are you taking?? So excited for you! It will go quickly once you've started I hope (it did for me - from starting stims to egg retrieval).

I feel like my husband would like a boy, too - but he would be happy either way, as would I. I agree with you - I feel like I would want to keep trying until I get a girl!
We don't have any real names picked out, but in the past we've talked about a few -- but nothing seriously. How about you?
I really hope my numbers look good tomorrow. I've been so worried because I've had a lot of cramping. It woke me up last night and was intense and I feared the worst. However, after 10 minutes it went away, and it's been on/off all day. I've been kind of crampy on/off since my ET. I decided to call the clinic at the end of the day and they reassured me that it was completely normal. They said especially if you're on progesterone. It is just scary because it feels exactly like period cramps. Ughh, I wish it felt different! But, I can't complain --- I'd rather worry about this stuff than trying to conceive so I have to suck it up! I'm just scared because I had a m/c last year after getting pg naturally. I will feel better tomorrow if the blood test looks good.
Ok - good luck with your first injections of the cycle!! Does your husband help you or do you do them yourself?

Hi ladies, sounds like things are going well for u both. Just had my last iui today, 54 million sperm u think one could find that egg! Fx! If this doesn't work I'll be picking you ladies' brains in 2 weeks!

Yea I guess they didn't care about the ovulation but really just wanted me to get a period. I was so relieved! Plus I get to lower my Lupron dosage now, i luckily only got hot flashes from it and no other side effects but that was pretty embarrassing when ur talking to ppl knowing ur face is all red and sweaty LOL
My husband has a definite name picked out for a boy and I have a few girl names. We are looking into meanings and stuff a lot, and want to give a name with lots of meaning especially after all this, the name I picked means wish or great news basically so think it's fitting :) you have nine long months to figure out names though, let me know how ur appt goes today. I think cramps are fine cuz everyone says the uterus begins to stretch making room for the baby. It's a really good sign that ur numbers are high and doubled so try nOt to stress...even though I know I'd be the same! Def try not to google too much cuz it'll def stress u out more than help relax u lol, cuz u always get best and worst case scenarios with that.
My first injection went pretty well, Lupron is refrigerated so it always stings a bit from being cold, this one I mixed 2 vials gonal f and 2 vials menopur. Takes a bit longer cuz there is more liquid but atleast its not cold! What were u on? I always stick the needle in and husband pushes the syringe down for the liquid to go in. Did u or ur husband do urs? My husband says he doesn't want to poke me but he's gonna have to do the progesterone in oil shots, we watched some videos on YouTube last night and he's def not looking forward to having to do that. Neither am I, the needle is huge! But I feel like if someone else is doing it atleast I wont have that anxiety, I can take the pain. I think u said u didn't have to do those shots, lucky!!
Harvest - I hope that this IUI works for u, but ur like me, I started thinking of IVF early, which was actually a good thing cuz I was kinda used to the idea. I can tell u so far it is really not that bad, the worst part has been just hoping it all goes as planned for me. And then I think prob waiting to see if ur eggs develop, fertilize and the 2ww. All the anticipation. Shots and meds are really not bad so far for me anyways.

Hey just checking in to see how everyone's doing?

Harvest - how you feeling?

BePaisley - how is your cycle going? How are the injections? I took follistim, which is basically the same thing as gonal-f, and I took menopur. I took one vial of Menopur (75 iu) and 150 iu of follistim each night. Eventually they slightly decreased the follistim but that was only over the last few days. I added in Ganirelix on the 5 day of stims (I never down-regged with Lupron). I did all of the injections myself but my husband helped me prepare them and was there for support. I don't know why I felt like I needed to do them myself. But, if I had to do PIO shots I was prepared to have him do those! Good thing I didn't have to.
So, how many follicles and are you getting closer to your ER? I can't believe you may have your ER soon. Will you have a 5 day transfer if possible or a 3 day?

My appointment went well. My hcg was 1580 and progesterone was in the 80's so all looked good. I go back this Tuesday for my first early ultrasound. I don't know what they see -- not very much but I hope to be on track with everything. I've never made it to that first ultrasound before - last year I almost did then miscarried, so this is a big step! I hope all goes well...

Ok good luck with your cycles -- bring on the bfps!

Kayla, so glad to hear about ur numbers! I hope your ultrasound goes perfectly and hopefully you can start to enjoy and feel comfortable with ur pregnancy! After all we go through even after a positive it sux u can't be truly 100% excited. So happy to know it's going well for u though.
Injections are going well, still on 2 vials menopur but dropping to one of gonal f. I was very nauseous wed-fri of last week but have been fine since Saturday. I am starting to feel a heaviness in my ovaries but not bad. He said I have more than 15 follicles and was responding well. I'm starting to get really nervous for the retrieval now, a bit scared and hoping it's not too much pain during or after. How many eggs did u have? I've been so worried about OHSS or eggs not fertilizing...basically anything that can go wrong I'm worried about lol. My retrieval will be this Thursday, he never even mentioned a 3 day transfer and has said 3 day from the beginning. Hope they make it till then! Let us know how ur appt goes!

Sorry meant to say he has had me scheduled for a 5 day transfer from the beginning*

Hi ladies, feeling fine over here, nothing much to report. No symptoms and only 7 dpiui. The 2ww is going pretty fast, been trying to keep busy.

Hope your ER goes well on Thursday Bepaisley! FX for you.

Glad to hear your scan went well Kaylakin, I know there must be a sticky bean in there :)

Thanks harvest! Really nervous about it. How do u feel, any symptoms? You're testing soon, good luck!

Thanks Bepaisley, I'm feeling OK, nothing out of the ordinary. Trying to keep myself distracted which is not that easy! Oh well Sunday will be here soon. Can't beleive your ER is tomorrow, it seems to have come up so quick! I really hope it all goes smoothly for you, you'll have to update us on how it went. Do you know if you are doing a 3 or 5 day transfer? OMG you will be PUPO in a few days, so exciting!!!!

Time def flew by just cuz ur busy doing so much and ur mind is occupied as well. Ugh the 2ww will def be a drag. I'll keep u all updated on how EC goes, hopefully well. They have me scheduled for a 5 day transfer on Tuesday so hope they make it! I have weddings to go to this weekend and next so that'll pass a few hours, don't know what else I'll do with myself haha. Ur wait is almost over, so hope this works for u!!

Harvest - good luck for the rest of your 2WW...I hope this is it for you!!!

Paisley - I can't believe you're having ER today. Time flies once you start stims doesn't it?!
I hope you're recovering well and not in pain. And if you are in pain, take some of the pain meds - they were the best part for me!! Haha! Hope all went well... Keep us posted..

So i made it through!! I was on the verge of tears going in because i was afraid of the pain. They kept reassuring me it was the easiest part, and before I knew it, I was awake and it was all done. I'm def sore but nothing bad, just relaxing with my heating pad. I'm hoping the pain doesn't hit me later and it lessens as days pass. I asked about OHSS and the nurse just said have salty things, v8 and Gatorade. Hopefully it'll be fine. Did u get better as days passed or did it kinda come and go? They said there were 20 follicles, and then said 18 eggs. Now just gotta wait till tomorrow to see how many fertilize and are good quality. Sigh - new fear is none will fertilize or they'll be bad quality. Need to think more positive! Thanks for checking up on me, love ur new signature!! :)

Yay!! Congrats on getting through the scary part! I think you will be fine because the pain got better over time, not worse, as long as I took the pain meds when I needed them. I also had a lot more pain at the end of the retrieval than it sounds like you had so I think you'll be fine! I took percocet the first day then switched to tylenol and used the heating pad throughout.
Wow - 18 eggs is great!! That's a lot to work with. It is totally normal to worry about the fertilization and to think that none will work. Are you doing ISCI or conventional IVF? We did half and half. Definitely think positive, and don't freak out until you have a reason to freak out -- easier said than done!
Enjoy taking it easy and resting up - watch some good movies. Good timing for the weekend, too ;-)
Thanks about the signature. I don't always post it because it's still early and I'm scared. There's no such thing as jinxing though, so I should just enjoy it for now!
Ok, good luck for your fertilization report... hope all goes well...

I think they put some pain meds through my iv but didn't give me any pain meds, just told me to take Tylenol if i need it. I wasn't in much pain but took it just in case when I got home. Today I'm feeling pretty good though. And I'm so relieved! They said out of 18, 15 eggs were mature and 12 are now growing embryos! My transfer is scheduled for tuesday so hope we have some to freeze, or atleast 2 great quality ones to put back. They are closed on the weekends so i won't get a call from the nurse again till Monday. The embryologist does go in on the weekends though so feel ok about that.
How was ur ultrasound?? I know what u mean about jinxing things and being nervous, I think after all we go through we prob won't feel relaxed till we have a baby in our arms! Glad to know it's going well so far though.
Hopeful how r u??

Sorry meant to say harvest**
Can't wait for ur update Sunday, got my fx'd for u!

Sorry meant to say harvest**
Can't wait for ur update Sunday, got my fx'd for u!

Thanks bepaisley! Wow that is awesome news! 18 eggs and 12 fertilized! Holy cow! You could not have hoped it would go better than that hey? I have such a good feeling for you this month, this is it!

I hope you two will be around next month if I have to go through all this IVF stuff, yikes, it is a little intimidating! But FX we can all move onto the prego forum together :)

Ladies, I have a some questions, what is the timeline like from when you start the bcp and then down reg and stim? I am just trying to figure out if we can still make our family reunion on labour day long weekend if we do start right away. So specifically:
What CD do you start the bcp?
If you start down regging on day 14 of the bcp how many days do you do that for?
When you stop the bcp after 3 weeks and keep down regging is there a lag between the down regging and stimming?
How long do you stime for?
and how long after the stimming was you ER?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to plan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->